Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place London Heathrow Hayes - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - closed 31 OCT 22

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place London Heathrow Hayes - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - closed 31 OCT 22

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2016, 10:38 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by mangoMan
The car transfer was on the bill. It did not appear to generate GP points. Neither did the meal we ate in the restaurant, which I thought should generate points.
Food and beverage should generate points.I would call Gold Passport and inquire as typically that is considered an eligible charge
Sounds like the hotel made an accounting error
Old Aug 21, 2016, 10:52 am

I have been reading reviews on Trip Advisor and here in this forum and will take a pass on this hotel in the weeks ahead.
It certainly looks promising but I think ownership really needs to come to terms in their budget to make top tier elites feel more than welcome other than a fruit bowl
Charging Diamonds up charges for breakfast doesn't fly with me in principal and I prefer continental.
Historically Hyatt Place generally doesn't do very well on breakfast in any regard.Though to the hotels credit the eggs look like real eggs from the photos
Reports of this property has one elevator working flimsy shower doors and poor air conditioning/temperature
My experience in Amsterdam was simply terrible.And mind you it was the most beautiful Hyatt Place ever experienced from the lobby perspective/public areas.
The beds were not US standard which are typically very good and the energy saving thermostats prohibit guest comfort in most kinds of warm weather
In the case of the Heathrow area property I have already seen complaints on that.
Heathrow is the rare airport where I break away from my favorite Programs and go Sofitel.Its tough to beat other than cost
High standards in room standards guest comfort even in their worst room,food and beverage and right in Heathrow without hassle ^
I'm holding out hope in this lifetime for a Grand Hyatt Heathrow but its not looking good
We can only dream cant we?

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Aug 21, 2016 at 11:25 am
Old Aug 21, 2016, 11:03 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Arrow

Stayed there again on Friday. Still very quiet with only a handful of guests and not many staff. They have done a good job on the design and the property looks much smarter than any of the other HP's I have stayed in.

Staff are very friendly and helpful but not really yet up to the Hyatt standard IMO.

We were given a room on the 10th floor with working AC although no fruit bowl this time. Very quiet and the beds are of a good quality and very comfortable. WiFi was OK but not terribly fast. They have a PressReader account and it took 20-30 minutes to download a magazine.

Breakfast was quiet. There was no-one to seat us so we just took a table. We had a cooked breakfast which was good although the continental options seemed to be reduced. They confirmed again that Diamonds get the full breakfast for free.

Benefits for me is that it is local, the Friday night rate is low and the parking is free. Plenty of choice in terms of places to eat within walking distance but you need to like Indian/Asian food.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
Stayed there again on Friday. Still very quiet with only a handful of guests and not many staff. They have done a good job on the design and the property looks much smarter than any of the other HP's I have stayed in.

Staff are very friendly and helpful but not really yet up to the Hyatt standard IMO.

We were given a room on the 10th floor with working AC although no fruit bowl this time. Very quiet and the beds are of a good quality and very comfortable. WiFi was OK but not terribly fast. They have a PressReader account and it took 20-30 minutes to download a magazine.

Breakfast was quiet. There was no-one to seat us so we just took a table. We had a cooked breakfast which was good although the continental options seemed to be reduced. They confirmed again that Diamonds get the full breakfast for free.

Benefits for me is that it is local, the Friday night rate is low and the parking is free. Plenty of choice in terms of places to eat within walking distance but you need to like Indian/Asian food.
Can you be so kind elaborate more fully on bed comfort vs Hyatt Place Amsterdam and general US domestic standard?Softer harder etc more less firm.
Reviews drive me crazy that say comfy
Good to hear that they are no longer charging Diamonds for breakfast ^
Maybe things are starting to look up
Old Aug 21, 2016, 12:07 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Can you be so kind elaborate more fully on bed comfort vs Hyatt Place Amsterdam and general US domestic standard?Softer harder etc more less firm.
Reviews drive me crazy that say comfy
Good to hear that they are no longer charging Diamonds for breakfast ^
Maybe things are starting to look up
I have stayed at the AMS HP a few times and have never had a good nights sleep. The LHR HP is very different in style from any other I have stayed in and looks much more impressive. Stayed at some of the new US HPs that have opened in the last year or so and they all seem to have the same look and feel. With this property they seem to have gone for a different experience.

I like a firm mattress and a decent pillow. The LHR HP has both and we have slept well there on our four stays so far. Generous size bed and comfy sofa for relaxing. Decent TV and good soundproofing. Shower but no bath in any of our rooms to date.

Caesar is one of the managers and always very friendly and chatty and seems to go out of his way to help his guests.

Both lifts have always been working during our stays.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Charging Diamonds up charges for breakfast doesn't fly with me in principal and I prefer continental.
Historically Hyatt Place generally doesn't do very well on breakfast in any regard.Though to the hotels credit the eggs look like real eggs from the photos
Having stayed a few times in September, it seems that the breakfast issue has gone away as I had full access to the buffet with no charge. (sometimes they didn't even bother to ask for my room number)

I believe you have to ask for "real eggs". No idea if there is an additional charge. But the only eggs at the buffet are scrambled, which are never guaranteed IME to be "real".

It is rather excruciating to get into central London on public transport. 90+ minutes. The public bus that takes you to Ealing Broadway tube station takes ages due to traffic...

I had actually dug up this thread since I recently found out that the empty area next to the hotel, filled mostly with garbage, is supposed to be a Hyatt House whenever they get planning permission... That will take awhile, but it would certainly make Diamond qualification much easier for Londoners as you could hop back and forth for stay credits.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
At a recent stay, I noticed that the hotel is now offering a proper shuttle to/from the airport. Well, not really "proper"... it costs £7 each way per person and only runs a few times each day. And only to Terminals 2 and 3, which is quite pointless IMO since you can take the city bus 140 to those terminals but have to make changes to get to T4 and T5.

https://londonheathrowhayes.place.hy...pMapDirections
Old Nov 13, 2016, 12:40 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by craigthemif
At a recent stay, I noticed that the hotel is now offering a proper shuttle to/from the airport. Well, not really "proper"... it costs £7 each way per person and only runs a few times each day. And only to Terminals 2 and 3, which is quite pointless IMO since you can take the city bus 140 to those terminals but have to make changes to get to T4 and T5.

https://londonheathrowhayes.place.hy...pMapDirections
It's a bit of a walk to the bus stop for the 140 though. (1/2 mile, 11 minutes)

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Having stayed a few times in September, it seems that the breakfast issue has gone away as I had full access to the buffet with no charge. (sometimes they didn't even bother to ask for my room number)
They were charging £6.95 for it on Saturday morning when I stayed.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Markie
It's a bit of a walk to the bus stop for the 140 though. (1/2 mile, 11 minutes)

They were charging £6.95 for it on Saturday morning when I stayed.
Bus transfers are now allowed for free so you can take the 427 a couple of stops then cross the street for the 140. (when leaving the hotel, the reverse also applies when leaving the airport)

Strange, I've stayed here several times as a Diamond and never been asked for money for upgrading breakfast. Unless you're referring to the fact that the HP brand standard is free breakfast but here they charge...
Old Nov 13, 2016, 5:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, LY Top-Platinum, HGP Diamond, HH Diamond, IHGR Platinum Amb
Short review after two stays

Had two stays here in the past month. Can not recommend this property. I only stayed for the second time because I needed another night to complete the current promotion (worth it, obviously).

(1) The hotel is brand new, which is nice, but I felt the staff were unprofessional.

(2) Requested a transfer from the airport (Meet&Greet) on both occasions. First time the driver did not wait in the arrivals hall with a sign but got my number from the hotel (which apperantly had no problem giving it away to an outside service provider), and when I answered his endless calls gave me instructions on how to find him on the road outside the departures level. Second time the hotel simply did not confirm the pick-up - requested twice within a week before arrival - and no one answered when I called after I landed. Took a taxi at a cost of 25 GBP. Later that day I was told a driver was sent for me but no one updated me on it and I somehow didn't see him in the arrivals hall.

(3) As a compensation for the miscommunication I got a complimentary airport drop-off. Yes, that 7 GBP worth of compensation really offset the 25 GBP I had to pay for a taxi, my lost time and trouble. And here's the kicker: only when I was in the car, at 6 AM, I was informed that the shuttle does not go to T5 (where I needed to be) but only to T2 and T3. Great news, and many thanks to the manager who called me in the evening to arrange my transfer. Another 25 minutes lost when I had to use the Heathrow Express to get to T5 while hoping that I would not miss my flight.

I'm so happy they're opening up a new HP near Heathrow. Closer to the airport and hopefully with a free shuttle/bus.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: BA Silver, M&M SEN,FB Gold,EI Gold Circle Elite,HHonors Gold, A-Club Platinum, Goldpoints Silver
Airport Shuttle does not exist any more, they canceled it secretly...
Old Aug 14, 2017, 8:00 pm

Seems like this place was something of a moving target for a while. Any recent stays to report on either shuttle or Globalist breakfast?
Old Aug 15, 2017, 2:02 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
Seems like this place was something of a moving target for a while. Any recent stays to report on either shuttle or Globalist breakfast?
Upcoming stay this week. I've already communicated with the hotel. Will post later in the week if any of this info changes.

Hotel does not provide free transportation. There are a variety of ways to get to the hotel. Some are detailed on the hotel's website. I plan to take uber in both directions.

IMO it seems only fair that if a hotel's name includes the name of a major airport, it implies airport transportation. Nevertheless, the transportation to and from this property is a significant portion of the overall cost.

Globalist breakfast doesn't affect me as I'll leave very early in the morning. I understand that Globalists pay the same as everyone else. I will ask, and will report back.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I've simply taken a public transport bus although I did take a Uber once but that was because I had to be at the airport early (Cost me -17p, GPB14.83 of a GBP15 voucher).

Last edited by serfty; Aug 15, 2017 at 2:25 am
Old Aug 15, 2017, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Hotel does not provide free transportation. There are a variety of ways to get to the hotel. Some are detailed on the hotel's website. I plan to take uber in both directions.

IMO it seems only fair that if a hotel's name includes the name of a major airport, it implies airport transportation. Nevertheless, the transportation to and from this property is a significant portion of the overall cost.
To reduce congestion, no hotels at London Heathrow are allowed to provide their own shuttle service. You have the Hotel Hoppa, and you have the free travel zone on city buses.

This isn't unique to London. I have been charged for hotel shuttles in the U.S. and elsewhere. I have been at airports where different hotel chains must share the same shuttle.

As long as the hotel makes it very clear on their website what their airport transportation options are, I'm fine with that - since I can make my hotel choice accordingly.

Nobody is going to Hayes because it's the most convenient for the airport. They're going because it's a cheap Hyatt within striking distance of the airport.
serfty likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.