Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Look what i just found in my email box...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2016, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt

Already going to Andaz Maui in August...Is this place any good? Better than Andaz Maui?

Name:  v5fnet.jpg
Views: 1515
Size:  729.6 KB
Old May 9, 2016, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
looks like a timeshare sales pitch... are you prepared for that (on vacation)?
Old May 9, 2016, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by neo_781
looks like a timeshare sales pitch... are you prepared for that (on vacation)?
Absolutely not. I just came back from 2 of them in Orlando. One at Sheraton Vistana and the other at Parc Soleil but if the property is top class, i'll do it simply because it might save me money considering that my reservation at Andaz is running me more than 2k for 4 nights. I need opinions. What would you do, stick with Andaz Maui or move over to the other...?
Old May 9, 2016, 5:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Membersince2013
Absolutely not. I just came back from 2 of them in Orlando. One at Sheraton Vistana and the other at Parc Soleil but if the property is top class, i'll do it simply because it might save me money considering that my reservation at Andaz is running me more than 2k for 4 nights. I need opinions. What would you do, stick with Andaz Maui or move over to the other...?
Depends on a few things. Do you have kids? Diamond member/free breakfast? Are you renting a car? Kaanapali and Wailea have two pretty different vibes and there's pros and cons to both.
Old May 9, 2016, 6:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold Elite, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Best Western Diamond Select
I got one too, but a low-rent version because I don't make 6 figures. $425 for 4 days/3 nights, Key West (Windward Pointe).
Old May 9, 2016, 6:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by invalyd
Depends on a few things. Do you have kids? Diamond member/free breakfast? Are you renting a car? Kaanapali and Wailea have two pretty different vibes and there's pros and cons to both.
Diamond breakfast seems pretty far down the list of factors here, given the options are "pay $2000" or "not".
Old May 9, 2016, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
I received an offer for the Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Sedona. $185 for 3 nights in a one bedroom suite, plus the 10k points.
Old May 9, 2016, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by CLEguy
Diamond breakfast seems pretty far down the list of factors here, given the options are "pay $2000" or "not".
We must be reading different offers then because I see at as 'pay $2000 or pay $1500 + taxes' which is nearly $2k. I would consider a very big factor it if for example you are needing to feed a family of 4, hence why I asked.
Old May 9, 2016, 7:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
We must be reading different offers then because I see at as 'pay $2000 or pay $1500 + taxes' which is nearly $2k. I would consider a very big factor it if for example you are needing to feed a family of 4, hence why I asked.
That's what I get for reading FT on my mobile. Oops!
Old May 9, 2016, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

No kids, just me and my GF. I don't need a 2 bedroom, but if they're offering, i'll take it. I'm already rented a car for the whole duration of our stay. Does the Kaanapali have more of a "family" vibe like all the other timeshare units i've been to? If so, i def don't want to be there with a bunch of children running and screaming around the pool.
Old May 9, 2016, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Freckles68
I got one too, but a low-rent version because I don't make 6 figures. $425 for 4 days/3 nights, Key West (Windward Pointe).
Got that too. I simply deleted it after i read that the property is right next to an airport.
Old May 9, 2016, 9:02 pm

No kids, just me and my GF. I don't need a 2 bedroom, but if they're offering, i'll take it. I'm already rented a car for the whole duration of our stay. Does the Kaanapali have more of a "family" vibe like all the other timeshare units i've been to? If so, i def don't want to be there with a bunch of children running and screaming around the pool.
Yes, you are more likely to find kids at the HR than Andaz. Andaz has adult only pool areas at least. Parking is also a consideration. HR offers self parking for $18, though I'm not sure if there are any 'free' options around. At the Andaz you can use the Kiheh option and pay nothing for parking. There's lots of restaurants etc within walking distance HR, Andaz not so much, but if you have a car you can drive. All things considered I would personally choose the Andaz for a more relaxed time, but it all depends on how much you value the extra night and 10k points, and how well you can handle aggressive timeshare pitches.
Old May 9, 2016, 9:15 pm
Original Poster

Yes, you are more likely to find kids at the HR than Andaz. Andaz has adult only pool areas at least. Parking is also a consideration. HR offers self parking for $18, though I'm not sure if there are any 'free' options around. At the Andaz you can use the Kiheh option and pay nothing for parking. There's lots of restaurants etc within walking distance HR, Andaz not so much, but if you have a car you can drive. All things considered I would personally choose the Andaz for a more relaxed time, but it all depends on how much you value the extra night and 10k points, and how well you can handle aggressive timeshare pitches.
Thanks for taking time to break it down for me. Although i don't have an issue with handling timeshare pitches, i'll just stick with Andaz. I really like the fact that they have an adult only pool. Sounds like a more relaxing time. 10k points isn't persuasive at all. They should have made it 60k points...
Old May 10, 2016, 10:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
BTW I did the timeshare pitch here...it was the easiest one I've ever been to. The sales rep even asked if he wanted me to bother having him get prices to show. Pretty sure we were out in 90 minutes no problem.
Old May 10, 2016, 10:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy LT Plat Elite, BA Gold
The Hyatt Residence Club also has a very nice infinity adult only pool to the far left of the property when looking at it from the ocean.
It's warmer than the other pools at the resort or at least it was when I was there in Feb 2015.
We stayed at the Regency next door and had access to the the Residence Club (RC) facilities.
I looked at a 2 bed room suite (didn't stay for a timeshare pitch though) and it was very nice. Larger more comfortable but not as trendy as the Andaz.

It would be hard choice for me as I like both properties. The last 2 times we've been to Maui we've split our stay for that reason (but we were there for 10 to 12 nights total).
Things I'd consider
Whats the cost difference?
Are you diamond? Does the free breakfast factor in? Would you use the kitchen at the RC?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.