Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt insiders : what is it?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2018, 6:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
When I first joined the Insiders several years ago I thought it was a great thing. I liked the idea of being part of a smallish group to provide Hyatt with our opinions and insights. Not sure how they filtered new candidates but over the past year, Hyatt stopped participating in it frequently and there were too many newbies coming in and simply complaining constantly, similar to FT. It wasn't meant to be a FT type of post but a place where Hyatt could ask forward thinking ideas and questions and get feedback from their Insiders group. I think years ago it was an asset to Hyatt but more recently it was the whiners club so they shut it down. I liked being a part of it and am disappointed that its now gone but I thought Hyatt was very generous to provide 10K points or a free night cert as a parting gift, that was classy. My parting comments were that if I want people complaining and nit picking all the time I can go to FT for that and for Hyatt to get real value from true insiders they need to be more selective and set clear objectives and guidelines for what they want from the group and a code of conduct.
I was part of the Insider Group as well and agree with your comments! My only addition and maybe some food for thought is.....don't you think that the complaining and nit picking was kind of self imposed by Hyatt due the WOH switch? I think most of the Insiders felt a little annoyed that if the Insider Forum was to be Hyatt's sounding board WHY were they not asked about the changes Hyatt was considering to the program before they went completely off the deep end with WOH. I felt WOH was what caused the Insider members to turn and sadly we saw that here on FT as well. Before WOH the FT Hyatt forum generally was a big Hyatt cheerleading squad but once people feel that "loyalty" became a one way street they turned sour real quick.
hailstorm likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
For various reasons, I have stopped focusing on Hyatt's loyalty program in favor of Japan's Prince Hotels loyalty program.

One of the things they do is send out quarterly surveys to their elite members, asking them to evaluate the various facets of the program, and what they would like to see in the future. The program has evolved in direct response to the surveys, and they even give out a small credit towards re-qualification to the participants. It really serves as an example of a rewards program as a partnership between company and customer, as opposed to a system where everything is an edict from above.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 4:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by christianj
I was part of the Insider Group as well and agree with your comments! My only addition and maybe some food for thought is.....don't you think that the complaining and nit picking was kind of self imposed by Hyatt due the WOH switch? I think most of the Insiders felt a little annoyed that if the Insider Forum was to be Hyatt's sounding board WHY were they not asked about the changes Hyatt was considering to the program before they went completely off the deep end with WOH. I felt WOH was what caused the Insider members to turn and sadly we saw that here on FT as well. Before WOH the FT Hyatt forum generally was a big Hyatt cheerleading squad but once people feel that "loyalty" became a one way street they turned sour real quick.
Yes I agree with you on this. I guess what I was saying was I didn't expect the level of complaining within an Insiders group. Now looking back I do remember a lot of the 25-stay per year Diamond members that had been with the Insiders for years were really thrown for a loop with the WoH changes and I agree that the forum and Hyatt team could have handled it better with more frequent communication. The Hyatt team kind of crawled into a hole but then that's also when Jeff Zidell left as well so I think they were lacking leadership.

I'm all for giving feedback and telling Hyatt when things are wrong but in a way that is professional and respectful. At least that is how I viewed being a member of Insiders.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Yesterday I received what appeared to be a handwritten note from Amy Weinberg WOH, thanking me for my participation. It ended with "We wish you all the best, and we will be in touch with future engagement opportunities". So perhaps Hyatt is just revamping Insiders ?? The envelope was definitely hand written, even the return address was done in ink!
Old Mar 12, 2018, 1:55 pm

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
I was a member of the Insiders group as well, and enjoyed my time there before it closed down. I enjoyed some of the conference call sessions, and felt that they were actively listening to the questions and suggestions on the couple that I attended.

As PortlySpartacus notes above (I'm putting my own words to his comment), for the past year there was virtually zero activity or meaningful participation from the Hyatt team that supported the group, so when I got the email about the site closing I was certainly not surprised.

For the Insiders who were Diamond from stays, they were really upset with the change WoH took when it was announced that stays would no longer count. I've rarely made status by stays; that said, I really think WoH needs to bring back the stay criteria as a way of earning status, as the bad will the change generated was so upsetting to those who were very loyal to the brand. I know I would be quite peeved if I made status this way and it was then announced that it no longer counted.

Some of the long-time contributors added a lot of value, and they were not Hyatt cheerleaders - Elaine xxxxxxxx (<-- She used what I believe was a real surname, so for the sake of privacy I'm not including it here) stayed(stays?) at Hyatt properties more than anyone I know, and she wasn't all love and hugs and kisses. She offered criticism all the time, but did so calmly and very professionally, and I enjoyed reading her comments. Some of the members who only had complaints got a bit tiresome (to me). If I were Hyatt (or anyone, really) running a board of loyal customers, I would want to know where I could improve, but I would want feedback on what I'm doing right as well. Some members didn't seem to have that balance, or lost that balance at some point (and WoH really ticked off many.

I also received the handwritten card from Amy Weinberg last week as well, and I thought it was a very nice touch, as she (or someone) likely has to write hundreds of these...
peteropny likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 10:38 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mauld
Yesterday I received what appeared to be a handwritten note from Amy Weinberg WOH, thanking me for my participation. It ended with "We wish you all the best, and we will be in touch with future engagement opportunities". So perhaps Hyatt is just revamping Insiders ?? The envelope was definitely hand written, even the return address was done in ink!
Got the same note, while it appeared to be handwritten, now I wonder.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 3:02 pm

I was a member of the Insiders as well. I agree, that there was not much presence from Hyatt in the last two years. The communication desaster with WoH is unforgotten, the „important“ insiders received the info about WoH after some random bloggers. I disagree about the point, that there was too much critic on the boatd, you can only get better, if you get feedback about our weaknesses. Of course good things should and were discussed as well.

i received the card as well, it is printed with inc, but if you look closely, you can see, that the letters are 100% equal. My guess is, that they digitized Amy handwriting and then printed it.

The award has to posted yet.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 8:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
FYI only - I chose 10,000 points as the parting gift, and the points were credited to my account yesterday.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 9:34 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
My points posted today.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 6:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
My points posted as well. I do find it interesting that virtually everyone took the 10k points instead of the Cat. 1-4 free night which could be worth 15k. I was worried about not finding a Cat. 4 I wanted to stay at before it expired. (As an aside, this year I cancelled my Chase Hyatt card because I was having issues with the free night redemption offered for the card as well.)
Old Mar 15, 2018, 3:51 pm

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
I chose the free night and it has not yet posted.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
My award night posted yesterday.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 9:58 am
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
Originally Posted by karung99
My award night posted yesterday.
Mine hasn’t. Do you have a one year expiration?
Old Mar 19, 2018, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by mmgm

Mine hasn’t. Do you have a one year expiration?
Yes. It has 1 year expiration till March 1 2019.
cruisingmickey likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by karung99

Yes. It has 1 year expiration till March 1 2019.
do you know what the title of the free night says? for example, "category 1-4 promo award" etc. i know the anniversary free night awards from the cc also posted for a few members last week so just making sure you're not confusing the two. i received my anniversary night last week as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.