Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Tornado Warning - Hyatt call center

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tornado Warning - Hyatt call center

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2016, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry, Hertz 5*
Exclamation Tornado Warning - Hyatt call center

Was on the phone with Hyatt GP customer service, when I was placed on hold.

Shortly afterwards, the nice lady on the line apologized and said they had a tornado warning and were evacuating the building. I quickly told her to hang up and get out of there to safety - points are not worth someone's life!

I wonder where the call center is located, perhaps near tornado alley? Anyone care to guess...

-AD
Old Apr 27, 2016, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by airbornedaddy
Was on the phone with Hyatt GP customer service, when I was placed on hold.

Shortly afterwards, the nice lady on the line apologized and said they had a tornado warning and were evacuating the building. I quickly told her to hang up and get out of there to safety - points are not worth someone's life!

I wonder where the call center is located, perhaps near tornado alley? Anyone care to guess...

-AD
Somewhere in Missouri or Iowa, most likely northwest Missouri. Maybe Omaha too
Old Apr 27, 2016, 6:34 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by wrp96
Somewhere in Missouri or Iowa, most likely northwest Missouri. Maybe Omaha too
Omaha NE
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by airbornedaddy
One of my former jobs was a Trainer at a hospitality call center. At the end of the multi-week class for new hires, we would be out on the sales floor to help those agents for the first 10-14 days. One of the things we stressed during class was that hanging up on a guest was about the worst thing you could do. (Unless the guest was swearing and being abusive.)

I guess one class took that lesson to heart because the fire alarm started going off and none of those agents got up to leave. My co-trainer and I had to assure them it was okay to tell the caller they had to hang up and evacuate. It was amusing (and a false alarm).
Old May 5, 2016, 9:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by peteropny
Omaha NE
......yes, and some of their agents work from home. They do seem to come in sometimes (for example, for meetings or ongoing training), so I would guess that they're required to live in the same area code and almost all would be within about a hour's commute.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.