Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riveria Maya REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riveria Maya REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2018, 7:54 pm

all-inclusive option

Has anyone tried the all-inclusive option? Rate rules say that meals must be ordered from the "Open Kitchen Menu." I'm guessing that means a limited menu (no lobster?), but it's not clear.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 7:45 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WOH - Globalist, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Gold
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
Just tried to call and apply suite upgrade to my existing points reservation, was told this is one of 6 or so properties in the Hyatt system that do not accept suite upgrades for points reservations, one must redeem additional points for suite. Since we don't spend much time in the room, didn't spend the extra points for a suite. (Globalist)
For what it's worth, I was just able to apply a TSU to a Points+Cash booking next year via the Twitter concierge without any issues, confirming into a Beach Area Suite.
Sweet Willie likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 2:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by sch_flyer
For what it's worth, I was just able to apply a TSU to a Points+Cash booking next year via the Twitter concierge without any issues, confirming into a Beach Area Suite.
That's a score. The TSU suite is the Lagoon view.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 3:06 pm

no, beach area suite and lagoon suite are both designated as standard suites
Old Nov 5, 2018, 2:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM, Marriott Platinum Premier
Can anyone comment on the service charge that is added at restaurants? For those who have stayed here recently (we are returning soon) what did you do at the end of each meal in terms of tip?
Old Nov 5, 2018, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by creditcardgeek
Can anyone comment on the service charge that is added at restaurants? For those who have stayed here recently (we are returning soon) what did you do at the end of each meal in terms of tip?
If the waiter was extraordinary, we gave him some cash as an extra tip. Otherwise, as is the case anywhere else, "service charge" is the pre-included tip shared among the restaurant staff.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 6:11 am

I’m here now. A new restaurant called Sotavento opened on the beach this week. Outdoor grill on the sand. Haven’t been yet but hoping to get there before we leave. Snapped a quick pic of the menu (below).

CodeAdam10 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 9:49 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by ajshin27
Has anyone tried the all-inclusive option? Rate rules say that meals must be ordered from the "Open Kitchen Menu." I'm guessing that means a limited menu (no lobster?), but it's not clear.
I am bumping this topic. I am interested in knowing if anyone has negotiated the"open kitchen" package as an add on to a points stay. If so, were you able to negotiate this at check in, and what did you pay?

Also, any updates on the seaweed situation??? Any recent feedback? We are checking in March 6. Thanks!
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:02 pm

I just came back from a 5 day stay and the Seaweed problem is there. But they do a great job of continuously cleaning it. It varies depending upon when you go to the beach.

attaching some pictures for reference

Somewhat cleaner day

Morning time, waiting to be picked up

I didnt try the dining option so cant comment on it.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 6:01 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
I have a reservation for the Andaz in April. First impressions matter and I was horrified.

I had a suite booked using TSU. Only lagoon side available. Spoke to the hotel and asked to consider moving me to a beach area suite if a cancellation came up.

They wrote back and said they could offer me an ocean view suite at an additional (YES ADDITIONAL) 850 USD plus 19 tax ��������. Despite my current room rate at 400 usd. They were selling it online for 900 so trying to rip me off which really irritated me. With the upgrade price they were offering me the room for 1200 plus the 19% tax on the upgrade cost. Nothing worse. Just as irritating they said they would be very generous and waiver resort fees as a part of the very generous offer despite being a globalist so get it anyway.

I really do hope this is not a sign of things to come.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 6:17 am

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
I wonder whether they quoted you the upgrade cost for the entire stay. If not, I would complain to management and request an explanation.

Originally Posted by dewby
I have a reservation for the Andaz in April. First impressions matter and I was horrified.

I had a suite booked using TSU. Only lagoon side available. Spoke to the hotel and asked to consider moving me to a beach area suite if a cancellation came up.

They wrote back and said they could offer me an ocean view suite at an additional (YES ADDITIONAL) 850 USD plus 19 tax ��������. Despite my current room rate at 400 usd. They were selling it online for 900 so trying to rip me off which really irritated me. With the upgrade price they were offering me the room for 1200 plus the 19% tax on the upgrade cost. Nothing worse. Just as irritating they said they would be very generous and waiver resort fees as a part of the very generous offer despite being a globalist so get it anyway.

Old Mar 24, 2019, 7:29 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
Nope Per night.

I have written a note to the hotel and Hyatt direct.

Has anyone been recently. starting to worry about the beach and seaweed. Hearing loads of nasty things.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 9:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by dewby

The Ocean View Suite is a Premium Suite and is not TSU eligible. If you want a Premium Suite, there is nothing inappropriate about the property charging for the upgrade.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
Originally Posted by Kacee
The Ocean View Suite is a Premium Suite and is not TSU eligible. If you want a Premium Suite, there is nothing inappropriate about the property charging for the upgrade.
Certainly appropriate to charge for the upgrade, but the upgrade charge plus their existing nightly rate is higher than what they are charging for the Premium Suite straight up on the website. That's just wrong.

Keep us posted on the seaweed and how your stay is.

I have a stay there in four months, and the seaweed situation could change completely by then but curious how the overall stay goes.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
as mentioned above. Of course the resort can charge for a premium suite. My point was they wanted to charge me more than what it would cost. That is wrong. Read the post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.