Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riveria Maya REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riveria Maya REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2018, 3:19 pm

Programs: Four Seasons PP, RW Elite, Dorchester Diamond, Virtuoso, PenClub, Privé, Oetker Pearl, etc.
Originally Posted by Benjh
Funny enough, I loged in to post the almost exact same thing
I want to go in October with my newborn and 3 year old! It will be the first vacations as a family of four. I expect to keep my newborn with me at all times, but leave my 3 yo at Kimbo.

My questions however is on upgrades. I feel my stay will be entirely different whether I'm in a regular room or a suite, but I'm an explorist without an easy way to upgrade, and I don't want to spend all my $$$ on the room considering how expensive everything else seems to be there.

Ideal would be P+C then a DSU... that I don't have. Can those ever be bought from another WoH member? Or exchanged?
As an example I have a free night from my hyatt chase card that I won't use this year (up to cat 4, as you all know).

Any other strategy on getting to a suite without paying full price would be welcome!
Lagoon side seems to be the best with kids, from everything I've read (better pools, close to transport and kid's club).

Thanks all for your help, and see you there, @rabido?
Ben.

PS: if someone know the answer to rabido's question on whether in October, cheap in!
Another option that you might want to consider would be to book this through the Hyatt Privé program. Any Privé advisor can check rates and availability for your stay. Here are the Privé benefits for Andaz Mayakoba:

- $120 USD Property Credit
- Room Upgrade, Response within 24 hours of request, Subject to availability
- Daily Complimentary Full Breakfast for Two at Hotel Restaurant
- Welcome Amenity
- Guest Welcome Letter.
- Early Check-In, Response within 24 hours of request, Subject to availability
- Connecting Rooms, Response within 24 hours of request
- Free Wifi

If you wanted to use points, you could use them to book some nights of your stay, and you could book the Privé rate for the remaining nights.

Last edited by KristenNix; May 18, 2018 at 3:30 pm
Old May 19, 2018, 12:06 pm

Thanks again for all the help. Does it have to be the standard rate (ie not advanced discounted rate) for the 6k/night upgrade to work?
Couldnt find the answer on the T&C.
Thanks.
Old May 22, 2018, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Maybe a dumb question. Are all the beachside suites all on the "ground floor" or are there some on the 2nd floor? It sounds like 2nd floor is preferred in general for views and less noise. If they are on the 2nd floor how are they "beachside" without going down steps?
Old May 22, 2018, 3:46 pm

suites are either in the beach area (ocean suite, beach suite) or the lagoon area (lagoon suite, ada suite).

the ocean suites are in buildings that offer direct views of the ocean. there are both upper and lower ocean suites.
these lower suites have the advantage of walking directly out to the beach from your private pool deck.
these upper suites have the advantage of privacy on your private pool deck.

the beach suites are in buildings that are behind other structures and thus offer no sight-line to the ocean. there are both upper and lower beach suites.
these lower suites have no advantage over the upper, as both suites face away from the beach with nothing really behind it. the upper is better though because a higher view of the resort, versus mostly foliage view on lower.
Old May 22, 2018, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Colin
suites are either in the beach area (ocean suite, beach suite) or the lagoon area (lagoon suite, ada suite).

the ocean suites are in buildings that offer direct views of the ocean. there are both upper and lower ocean suites.
these lower suites have the advantage of walking directly out to the beach from your private pool deck.
these upper suites have the advantage of privacy on your private pool deck.

the beach suites are in buildings that are behind other structures and thus offer no sight-line to the ocean. there are both upper and lower beach suites.
these lower suites have no advantage over the upper, as both suites face away from the beach with nothing really behind it. the upper is better though because a higher view of the resort, versus mostly foliage view on lower.
Thank you. From the "upper" beach suites to get to the beach do you have to take stairs? We will be there with a 1 and 3 year old so if the lower suites have more direct access I think that would be preferred.
Old May 22, 2018, 6:27 pm

there are no elevators
lowers are ground level
so yeah, you walk up stairs to get to uppers
Old May 22, 2018, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Thank you Colin
Old Jul 8, 2018, 12:13 pm

I'm considering staying here with my wife and two kids (ages 4 years and 6 months). They have several good prepaid rates for our dates, so trying to figure out the best way to book as a Globalist (no remaining TSU left, but could upgrade w points/standard rate). We were thinking of booking a Beach Suite, but the Ocean Front Suites (or even the Ocean Front Studios) look pretty great. Ocean Front Suite cash rates are ~50% more than the Beach Suite, though.

Has anyone here received a complimentary Globalist upgrade from a Lagoon/Beach Suite to an Ocean Suite? Also, do they typically offer paid upgrades from a regular room to the different levels of suites?

Beach Suites and Ocean Front Studio have nearly the same cash rate - is it worth the extra space of a suite to lose the Ocean Front view in a "mini-suite"?

FF
Old Jul 9, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Fire_Fly
I'm considering staying here with my wife and two kids (ages 4 years and 6 months). They have several good prepaid rates for our dates, so trying to figure out the best way to book as a Globalist (no remaining TSU left, but could upgrade w points/standard rate). We were thinking of booking a Beach Suite, but the Ocean Front Suites (or even the Ocean Front Studios) look pretty great. Ocean Front Suite cash rates are ~50% more than the Beach Suite, though.

Has anyone here received a complimentary Globalist upgrade from a Lagoon/Beach Suite to an Ocean Suite? Also, do they typically offer paid upgrades from a regular room to the different levels of suites?

Beach Suites and Ocean Front Studio have nearly the same cash rate - is it worth the extra space of a suite to lose the Ocean Front view in a "mini-suite"?

FF
1) Has anyone here received a complimentary Globalist upgrade from a Lagoon/Beach Suite to an Ocean Suite?
I've had an upgrade from Lagoon -> Beach, but not Ocean.

2) Also, do they typically offer paid upgrades from a regular room to the different levels of suites?
Yes, they hard sell these upgrades at check-in. I think someone earlier posted a picture, it's exactly what I saw as well. My hunch is that at low cash prices like you're seeing now, it's probably cheaper to pay the upgrade up front.

3) trying to figure out the best way to book as a Globalist
Do you by any chance have the Citi Prestige Card? Or are you willing/able to get it before you book your vacation? This is the perfect time to use it, since it gives the fourth night free.
Also, if you book through the Prestige, check on Prive rates. With Prive you'll get $100 credit, room upgrade (at booking, not if space available on arrival).
So in that case you can book the Beach suite, get the 4th night free and have a decent chance at an upgrade to Oceanfront suite.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by beofotch
Thank you. From the "upper" beach suites to get to the beach do you have to take stairs? We will be there with a 1 and 3 year old so if the lower suites have more direct access I think that would be preferred.
Colin is correct, there are no elevators. I was there with a 2 year old, and actually like the upper suites a little better (slightly better views, a little more privacy since the hot tub & rooms are elevated). Yes, there are stairs, but you're only on the second level so it's not that many.
I had a lower beach suite, and mainly what I could see was foliage and occasionally see a golfer through the branches on the other side (since it butts right up to the golf course).
Old Jul 9, 2018, 5:50 pm

Programs: A bunch
My family stayed here at the start of the year and had a blast. I did a review of the property that may help fellow FTer’s that are looking at staying there.

Review: Andaz Mayakoba - PointsPinnaclePointsPinnacle
Old Jul 12, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hyatt Prive
This is just to let everyone know that the current Half Price promotion (that includes a 50% room rate discount, welcome beverage upon check-in, 25% discount on food & beverages and 25% discount in the Mayan oasis, Naum Wellness & Spa) is now fully combinable with Hyatt Prive - so you will also get a full daily breakfast for 2, $120 property credit, welcome amenity, early check-in (confirmed within 24 hours of booking), room upgrade (confirmed within 24 hours of booking), VIP status and more. Send me a PM for more info and to book this very special offer!

Must book by August 31, 2018 for stays between June 29, 2018 - October 31, 2018
Old Jul 12, 2018, 9:52 am

Lucky (on his blog) said the upgrade is room to room or suite to suite with Prive.
I assume this means booking paid Beach Suite confirms into Ocean Studio (only a $20/n difference) and then paid Ocean Studio confirms into Ocean Suite (a $138/n difference).
Can you confirm this?

Last edited by Colin; Jul 12, 2018 at 10:01 am
Old Jul 12, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hyatt Prive
Originally Posted by Colin
Lucky (on his blog) said the upgrade is room to room or suite to suite with Prive.
I assume this means booking paid Beach Suite confirms into Ocean Studio (only a $20/n difference) and then paid Ocean Studio confirms into Ocean Suite (a $138/n difference).
Can you confirm this?
Yes, that is correct. The upgrade is always down to the hotel's discretion but I work very closely with the hotel to ensure that they give you a full one category upgrade (at least). A great upgrade is from the Ocean Studio to Ocean Suite! Send me a PM and I'll help set this reservation up for you. Thanks!
Old Jul 12, 2018, 10:03 am

I won't be able to return to this resort until after the promo period, but the deal gets even better for the Globalist with a Citi Prestige card who can take advantage of this deal.
The total cost for 4 night stay (Oct 8 - 12 for instance) confirmed in an Ocean Suite would be $1200 (after paying the Ocean Studio rate, confirming upgrade within 24 hours to Ocean Suite, waived resort fees, and $100 resort credit).
That's $300/n all-in for the suite you really want to be in at this resort.
Add in the F&B discount and wow!

Last edited by Colin; Jul 12, 2018 at 10:41 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.