Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

ANDAZ Mayakoba Resort Riveria Maya REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

ANDAZ Mayakoba Resort Riveria Maya REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jan 10, 17, 12:42 pm

Based on reviews discussing the distance between the lagoon and beach rooms - hoping to buy up to a beach suite from lagoon suite (DSU) when we go next month. Will report back with my findings.
Old Jan 11, 17, 1:20 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by njdealguy View Post
Have a 3 night stay in a beach suite in couple weeks. Found the latest review on TA about 2 water bugs being found in the room a bit concerning, hopefully not the case otherwise.
Imagine that (harmless) bugs in a hot and humid climate....
Old Jan 11, 17, 9:50 am

Just booked a 5 night C&P stay in February, and DSU'd into a lagoon view suite. We visited GH Playa last spring, and really enjoyed that, but I had bronchitis and was pretty confined to the hotel. Hoping to actually get out and see some stuff this time.

Quick question: Does anyone know if the couch in the suite pulls out? That's not listed on the website, but they do say they can bring in a roll-away. We'll have a 6 and a 2 year old with us.

Last edited by Reisen; Jan 12, 17 at 6:09 am
Old Jan 11, 17, 8:31 pm

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
How did you use a DSU with a stay in April if the upgrades expire in Feb? They told me I need to call back after March 1st.
Old Jan 12, 17, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by stinger101 View Post
How did you use a DSU with a stay in April if the upgrades expire in Feb? They told me I need to call back after March 1st.
Sorry, meant February. The April trip is Aruba.
Old Jan 12, 17, 6:48 am

Programs: Hyatt GP Diamond
Originally Posted by Reisen View Post
Sorry, meant February. The April trip is Aruba.
Sorry for going OT, but did you book Aruba yet? Sounds like it's to be tougher this yr to upgrade - DSU now confirms into former Cayenne suite, only 3 of those, and further from club. Last year was the Family Suite which worked out great for us. Details here.

Keep us posted on Mayakoba pls - thinking of booking a trip there soon as availability and rates look to be reasonable.

Last edited by gunksny; Jan 12, 17 at 6:57 am
Old Jan 12, 17, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by gunksny View Post
Sorry for going OT, but did you book Aruba yet? Sounds like it's to be tougher this yr to upgrade - DSU now confirms into former Cayenne suite, only 3 of those, and further from club. Last year was the Family Suite which worked out great for us. Details here.

Keep us posted on Mayakoba pls - thinking of booking a trip there soon as availability and rates look to be reasonable.
Haven't booked yet; we're considering both the Hyatt and the Renaissance (I also have Platinum status with Marriott).

Mayakoba will be interesting; It looks like all the suites (except the presidential suite) are only 1 king, no pull-out. We have a 6 and 2 year old that will be with us. According to Tahsir's review, it looks like the couch is big enough to sleep on, but my wife is not convinced that will be ideal for the kids for 5 nights. Otherwise, I guess we are bringing in a roll-away (or maybe 2?)...

I feel like pretty much every suite I've ever been in had a pull out couch.
Old Jan 12, 17, 8:14 am

Another question for those who have been: Tahsir's review says you can move around within Mayakoba and see the other hotels / dine at their restaurants. For those who have been (or once you go in the coming days / weeks), would you recommend any specific hotels / restaurants. I understand there are only three: Rosewood, Banyan Tree, and Fairmont. I wonder if you ate lunch there is you could also swim in their pools?

I like the idea of getting some variety out of the trip. Considering booking one night at one of the other hotels just to try it, but the wife is against it for the hassle of unpacking / repacking.
Old Jan 13, 17, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by RTW1 View Post
Imagine that (harmless) bugs in a hot and humid climate....
Having been to dozens of similar properties around the world in a "hot and humid climate", at last not used to seeing them come inside the room which means there may be an opening through the walls or ducts where they came in through. This is at least I wouldn't expect at Andaz or Park Hyatt caliber properties.
Old Jan 13, 17, 11:38 am

On another note, anyone know if theres any real difference between "Beach" and "Ocean Front" suite? Maybe one is on ground level while other is on higher level?
Old Jan 20, 17, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by aust7 View Post
We're going to be there in about 2.5 weeks! Really looking forward to it
How was it? Booked for February with DSUs confirmed. Curious about the rooms, upgrade potential, the pools/beach, and how easy it is to get to/from downtown PDC.
Old Jan 22, 17, 12:39 am

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat, LH SEN, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Can someone who has stayed here share what the restaurant options are like both at the resort and around the rest of Mayakoba? Is it only 'fine dining' and the like or is there a good mix? What should one expect to spend per day on food per person?

Also, for someone without Diamond, what are the breakfast options?
Old Jan 23, 17, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by blahmeh14 View Post
Can someone who has stayed here share what the restaurant options are like both at the resort and around the rest of Mayakoba? Is it only 'fine dining' and the like or is there a good mix? What should one expect to spend per day on food per person?

Also, for someone without Diamond, what are the breakfast options?
I requested menus from the hotel just yesterday. Will add to this thread when (if) I receive them.

Based on reviews it certainly looks like there are a number of casual dining options - which is certainly to be expected at a beach property.
Old Jan 23, 17, 8:54 am

I just received the menus for the restaurants. Dinner menus are below. I also received the breakfast, lunch, and dessert menus if anyone is interested but figured this would be a good reference point. Prices are very reasonable with the current exchange rate.

Amate

Milagro

Olla Ceviche

Olla Taco

Old Jan 24, 17, 3:31 am

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat, LH SEN, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Thanks for the menus Gunner14!

I would be interested in seeing the breakfast, lunch, and dessert ones if you had a moment to upload them.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: