Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riveria Maya REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riveria Maya REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2020, 9:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SecondCity
Anything that I should consider further? Just looking to get away for a few days and haven't visited either property previously. Looking to pay cash rate, if that matters.
The settings are really different. Are you looking for a total resort getaway in a (semi) natural setting or more of a Mexican beach town experience? I prefer the latter, but it's a matter of personal taste.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 9:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Maybe the TPG articles did the trick for them... I've noticed the rates over the next few months have noticeably increased vs. a week ago.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 5:44 pm

so the work from hyatt private workspace is a desk in the restaurant? while other customers are being served? Also, why are the ocean view and beach front studios more expensive than the lagoon and beach (standard suites) even though they are smaller?
Old Oct 29, 2020, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by yerffej201
so the work from hyatt private workspace is a desk in the restaurant?
That's what I was told by the hotel's reservations department after they checked with their manager.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Any tips on the nicest pool setups in the Mayakoba area? Staying at the Andaz for a week but it'd be nice to see what the other hotels have set up.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by Martellus
Any tips on the nicest pool setups in the Mayakoba area? Staying at the Andaz for a week but it'd be nice to see what the other hotels have set up.
Banyan Tree villas have private pools that are pretty nice. Not lap pools by any means but they’re larger than plunge pools and the layouts are great.

Personally I really like the Andaz’s lagoon pool. It’s broken up into a few smaller pools that are separated so you can usually find a quieter / empty pool. There’s also a nice fire pit in the evenings.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 7:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist
Does anyone know if the Andaz Mayakoba requires a minimum room type to upgrade to a suite with points? Seeing some great rates throughout 2021 with the Work From Hyatt offer (~$190 base rate with 20% off food and beverage, daily breakfast, and roundtrip airport transportation) and I'd like to book a king room and upgrade to a standard beach area suite with points.

Was hoping the all-inclusive Open Kitchen offer would be good but it's a full $270 greater than the base rate for my mid-summer dates. Booking with the hope that we'll be able to get vaccinated by then.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 8:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Modernbahn
Does anyone know if the Andaz Mayakoba requires a minimum room type to upgrade to a suite with points? Seeing some great rates throughout 2021 with the Work From Hyatt offer (~$190 base rate with 20% off food and beverage, daily breakfast, and roundtrip airport transportation) and I'd like to book a king room and upgrade to a standard beach area suite with points.

Was hoping the all-inclusive Open Kitchen offer would be good but it's a full $270 greater than the base rate for my mid-summer dates. Booking with the hope that we'll be able to get vaccinated by then.
The points upgrade (not TSU) requires a specific rate. I don't think it's a particular room type (but it might be that as well). Essentially you need to pay the standard rate in order to upgrade with points IIRC.

If you've got TSU though, those are able to be applied to basically any rate/room..
Old Dec 10, 2020, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by jameswes
The points upgrade (not TSU) requires a specific rate. I don't think it's a particular room type (but it might be that as well). Essentially you need to pay the standard rate in order to upgrade with points IIRC.

If you've got TSU though, those are able to be applied to basically any rate/room.
That makes sense; unfortunately, I don't have a TSU. I am having a heck of a time determining the minimum room rate and type required at the Andaz Mayakoba to be eligible for a suite upgrade. The World of Hyatt Terms only say this:

In order to redeem a Suite Upgrade Award at a Hyatt resort, a Member must pay the Standard Rate for a minimum of a deluxe room (such as partial ocean view, ocean view, slope view, Dreamcatcher or Sunrise room, etc.).
I'm considering calling the Global Contact Center and just asking but I'm unsure of how "transparent" they are with this kind of information.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 9:26 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Modernbahn
The World of Hyatt Terms only say this:
Right. "Standard Rate" which is basically rack. You'll have to contact Hyatt about minimum room type.

IIRC, this property also offers paid suite upgrades.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Standard rate is the one listed as standard on website - not member, aaa, some promo etc- it is usually the most expensive but not by much. Room type is more murky - you ll have to call to check. Sometimes direct booking suite with promo rate is cheaper, sometime the upgrade process. Upsell is definitely smth worth exploring too.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 9:09 am

Is that requirement/term something new?

I've booked a member rate Lagoon King room before (i.e. one of, if not the, cheapest/most basic room categories), maybe 2-3 years ag,) and used points to upgrade to a Lagoon King Suite.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by coleslaw
I've booked a member rate Lagoon King room before (i.e. one of, if not the, cheapest/most basic room categories), maybe 2-3 years ag,) and used points to upgrade to a Lagoon King Suite.
Seems like that might be the minimum room type required if you were able to upgrade using points from it; it's one step up from the standard rooms so that'd fit with the Terms I posted above.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by coleslaw
Is that requirement/term something new?
No.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 4:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by azepine00
Standard rate is the one listed as standard on website - not member, aaa, some promo etc- it is usually the most expensive but not by much. Room type is more murky - you ll have to call to check. Sometimes direct booking suite with promo rate is cheaper, sometime the upgrade process. Upsell is definitely smth worth exploring too.
What do you mean by upsell in this context exactly?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.