Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riveria Maya REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riveria Maya REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2020, 7:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
The only thing excluded in that rate rules is the use of punctuations.
Lol, that’s true.

I actually reached out to the property and they said nothing is actually excluded. It’s the same thing as the “Member’s Get More + Breakfast Rate” just under a different name. Not sure why the wording in it is so confusing and why they’d say tax excluded, but there’s the clarification in case anyone else was wondering.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 7:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fangtl
Any feedback on the "premium wifi" here? Looking to book the WTH package and will actually be working, so will need decent speeds for zoom and VPN.
When are you looking to stay?

Im considering the same package and would love to hear what it entails at Andaz Mayakoba.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by roder
Breakfast is in Tinta del Pulpo. Most seating is indoors, but the building is quite airy with large windows that are open so air is circulating pretty well. There are also three tables for two on the back patio, and some high-top/bar seating in the front.
Do you recall lunch and dinner, was the setup similar, with some outdoor seating and indoor seating circulating w/ open air?
Old Oct 17, 2020, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by coleslaw
When are you looking to stay?

Im considering the same package and would love to hear what it entails at Andaz Mayakoba.
No plans yet, just exploring possibilities in MX.

In the age of C19, is using a TSU worth it here or is it pretty much a guarantee that Globalists will receive it?
Old Oct 18, 2020, 4:53 am

Programs: UA Gold, AA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat Premier, Hyatt Globalist
We were there a few weeks ago and the seating at lunch and dinner was the same as breakfast. There was sufficient space between tables and windows were open.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 6:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond

In the age of C19, is using a TSU worth it here or is it pretty much a guarantee that Globalists will receive it?
Im exploring too. Right now the HP in SJD and the Thompson in PDC seem to be the best value. PDC has the benefit of having other local Hyatt options (the GH, Andaz) that are also doing WFH rates.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 12:49 am

For me I only use a TSU if I absolutely need it and it’s unlikely to obtain one complimentary due to a busy weekend or low inventory. I would say you’re 90% (or more) likely to get a Suite Upgrade for bookings in 2020 with Globalist.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by Matt4200
For me I only use a TSU if I absolutely need it and it’s unlikely to obtain one complimentary due to a busy weekend or low inventory. I would say you’re 90% (or more) likely to get a Suite Upgrade for bookings in 2020 with Globalist.
Since they’ve closed off the main areas (the lobby / main pool / gym / spa area) I was thinking they also wouldn’t be using the rooms in those areas (instead concentrating reservations around the beach area). I’m not sure if this is actually the case, but if it is, then I wonder if it significantly reduces the suite inventory?
Old Oct 19, 2020, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by coleslaw
Since they’ve closed off the main areas (the lobby / main pool / gym / spa area) I was thinking they also wouldn’t be using the rooms in those areas (instead concentrating reservations around the beach area). I’m not sure if this is actually the case, but if it is, then I wonder if it significantly reduces the suite inventory?
Maybe at some city/business-oriented hotels, but suggesting you have a 90% chance of upgrade on arrival at Hyatt Resorts is terrible advice (but par for the course). The accessible resorts (Mexico, domestic for U.S. travelers), are regularly filing their suites and if you really want a suite then USE A TSU! That's what they are for! If not, then show up ready to accept what they have available for you.... realizing there's a decent chance you'll wind up in the room you actually reserved!

BTW - I've been to several Hyatt Resorts during the Pandemic and this has been the case at ALL of them. Plenty of Globs showing up seeking a limited number of available suites... AND plenty of suites offline for various reasons (24+ hours empty between guests rules, sections of resorts closed, etc.)
Old Oct 19, 2020, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
Maybe at some city/business-oriented hotels, but suggesting you have a 90% chance of upgrade on arrival at Hyatt Resorts is terrible advice (but par for the course). The accessible resorts (Mexico, domestic for U.S. travelers), are regularly filing their suites and if you really want a suite then USE A TSU! That's what they are for! If not, then show up ready to accept what they have available for you.... realizing there's a decent chance you'll wind up in the room you actually reserved!

BTW - I've been to several Hyatt Resorts during the Pandemic and this has been the case at ALL of them. Plenty of Globs showing up seeking a limited number of available suites... AND plenty of suites offline for various reasons (24+ hours empty between guests rules, sections of resorts closed, etc.)
Every Prive’ property I’ve stayed at we received a confirmed suite upgrade weeks ahead of the stay. Whether due to Prive’, Globalist or both that’s just what our Travel Advisor has told us that we’d been upgraded to a Standard Suite. It’s happened every booking, even made a booking over Valentine’s Day and it got a confirmed Suite Upgrade back in August.

If you don’t use Prive’ I would definitely recommend giving it a try it seems like it helps.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 8:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Every Prive’ property I’ve stayed at we received a confirmed suite upgrade weeks ahead of the stay. Whether due to Prive’, Globalist or both that’s just what our Travel Advisor has told us that we’d been upgraded to a Standard Suite. It’s happened every booking, even made a booking over Valentine’s Day and it got a confirmed Suite Upgrade back in August.

If you don’t use Prive’ I would definitely recommend giving it a try it seems like it helps.
And that's especially true at Mayakoba. Since Hyatt bumped it up a category, it's almost never worthwhile to use points these days. And the prive rates can actually be extremely competitive with the member rates here.

For example, taking a look at the week of Thanksgiving (11/21-11/28):
Standard rate is $179/nt
Member/WFH rate is $162/nt
Prive has a 3rd night free rate at $128/nt.
So that would include daily full breakfast for 2, $100 credit, welcome amenity and other benefits (early check in, likely upgrades based on occupancy).
Old Oct 20, 2020, 10:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jameswes
And that's especially true at Mayakoba. Since Hyatt bumped it up a category, it's almost never worthwhile to use points these days.
If you're confining search to low season, that will skew your conclusion.

I'm reserved for five nights over New Years on points at a value around 5 cpp.
Matt4200 likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee

I’m planning for early December Prive’ rates are $120 for a 3 Night stay or $110 at the nearby GH. So I’m guessing that’s low season. Which should mean you’re more likely to get a better upgrade from what I’m seeing Andaz has 3 types of Standard Suites available.

But if we were staying over New Years when it’ll have more bookings as you are and we needed a Suite I’d definitely use a TSU rather than rely on an upgrade. We’re booking into a room at another property over New Year’s with an $80 nightly rate but we are applying a TSU because they only have about 5 total Suites on property. It’s all about what you prioritize. Also, the Suite would cost $240 a Night for our 6 Night stay rather than $80.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 2:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee
I've never thought of Thanksgiving and most of December and most of January as a "low" season for Caribbean. You're of course correct that Christmas to New Years is a good use of points, but it's hard to call it a season when those high rates are only existing for a week or two.
12/16-12/22: $120/nt with Prive 3rd night free.
1/6 - 1/12: $200/nt with Prive 3rd night free.

Even over New Years, I'm only seeing nightly rates of $750, which given the current 25K/nt is 3cpp. Still a great use of points, but I'm not seeing anything with rates over $1250/nt.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by jameswes
I've never thought of Thanksgiving and most of December and most of January as a "low" season for Caribbean. You're of course correct that Christmas to New Years is a good use of points, but it's hard to call it a season when those high rates are only existing for a week or two.
12/16-12/22: $120/nt with Prive 3rd night free.
1/6 - 1/12: $200/nt with Prive 3rd night free.

Even over New Years, I'm only seeing nightly rates of $750, which given the current 25K/nt is 3cpp. Still a great use of points, but I'm not seeing anything with rates over $1250/nt.
He could be factoring the savings of taxes/fees which are about an additional 30%.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.