Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riveria Maya REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riveria Maya REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Sep 26, 2020, 6:05 pm

i wouldn't leave Andaz just for a drink, but i always have a dinner at Saffron (Banyan Tree) which is very much worth the effort
Old Sep 26, 2020, 6:22 pm

Thanks all for the input.

Big fan of gin and tonics and Rosewood hotels usually have great ones. Will check out the options at the Banyan Tree.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 7:12 pm

fairmont a dump
Old Oct 13, 2020, 8:54 pm

Any feedback on the "premium wifi" here? Looking to book the WTH package and will actually be working, so will need decent speeds for zoom and VPN.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 8:58 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by fangtl
Any feedback on the "premium wifi" here? Looking to book the WTH package and will actually be working, so will need decent speeds for zoom and VPN.
I was there in late July and did some work from the Beach Suites. I didn't conduct any speed tests but had no issues with video conferencing and day trading(TOS). I'm fairly confident you'll be fine. To be safe, perhaps bring your own hotspot?
Old Oct 13, 2020, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by faboi0us
I was there in late July and did some work from the Beach Suites. I didn't conduct any speed tests but had no issues with video conferencing and day trading(TOS). I'm fairly confident you'll be fine. To be safe, perhaps bring your own hotspot?
Thanks. Were you able to work outside the room and if so how were the speeds.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 9:14 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by fangtl
Thanks. Were you able to work outside the room and if so how were the speeds.
I did work outside by the beach area poolside, but mainly e-mails. No issues with connectivity, however the sun block on the display and keyboards was annoying. =)
Old Oct 14, 2020, 7:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Does anyone have experience of the "Work From Hyatt" set up here? I'm mainly curious about how they handle the upgrade and "separate work space" - a suite upgrade, an adjoining room, space in their event/conference center, etc.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 12:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Currently seeing a “Last Minute Getaway” Rate which says “Tax Excluded Booking”.

Does this mean the VAT and Occupancy Taxes are being waived? Asking because it still shows them on the checkout page.

Old Oct 16, 2020, 2:01 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
No, this means that tax is excluded and not included in the rate. "Booking" is on the next line and refers to the booking window, hence in ALL CAPS.

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Currently seeing a “Last Minute Getaway” Rate which says “Tax Excluded Booking”.

Does this mean the VAT and Occupancy Taxes are being waived? Asking because it still shows them on the checkout page.

Old Oct 16, 2020, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by 59Impala
No, this means that tax is excluded and not included in the rate. "Booking" is on the next line and refers to the booking window, hence in ALL CAPS.
I understand the booking period but I’m still unclear as to what you’re saying.

From what I’ve seen there is typically:

Environment Tax
Value Added Tax
Occupancy Tax
Resort Fees
Service Charges or Service Contributions

So are any of these being removed through this offer? Or are you saying there’s another completely separate tax that’s somehow being removed? I’ve checked dates from now through April and they have all the above taxes/fees then the dates May onward also show the same taxes/fees.

Just trying to better understand as it looks like those taxes and fees add up to a hefty 30% (or more) of the Subtotal, making the grand total much larger.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 3:32 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
delete

Last edited by 59Impala; Oct 16, 2020 at 6:04 am
Old Oct 16, 2020, 11:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I understand the booking period but I’m still unclear as to what you’re saying.

From what I’ve seen there is typically:

Environment Tax
Value Added Tax
Occupancy Tax
Resort Fees
Service Charges or Service Contributions

So are any of these being removed through this offer? Or are you saying there’s another completely separate tax that’s somehow being removed? I’ve checked dates from now through April and they have all the above taxes/fees then the dates May onward also show the same taxes/fees.

Just trying to better understand as it looks like those taxes and fees add up to a hefty 30% (or more) of the Subtotal, making the grand total much larger.
I read it as "you pay tax on breakfast" (as well as the stay). The add on charges at Andaz Mayakoba do add up very quickly...
Old Oct 16, 2020, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by coleslaw
I read it as "you pay tax on breakfast" (as well as the stay). The add on charges at Andaz Mayakoba do add up very quickly...
So with this rate it sounds like nothing is really being “excluded” as looking at this rate vs. the standard rate both show the same exact taxes/fees.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 4:53 pm

So with this rate it sounds like nothing is really being “excluded” as looking at this rate vs. the standard rate both show the same exact taxes/fees.
The only thing excluded in that rate rules is the use of punctuations.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.