Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

ANDAZ Mayakoba Resort Riveria Maya REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

ANDAZ Mayakoba Resort Riveria Maya REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Dec 12, 16, 6:31 pm

So glad this property won't have a kids club or anything like that. We stay at the Andaz Maui regularly because it's one of the few nice Hawaiian properties that doesn't cater to families and kids.

Just booked the 3rd free night offer + Citi 4th night for Jan 6th-11th. Will report back.
Old Dec 13, 16, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by TravelingChef View Post
Just booked the 3rd free night offer + Citi 4th night for Jan 6th-11th. Will report back.
Was thinking of doing this myself - no issues?
Old Dec 13, 16, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by Gunner14 View Post
Was thinking of doing this myself - no issues?
Yes, I'm curious about this as well. You were able to book a 4 night stay with only 2 nights paid?
Old Dec 14, 16, 5:31 am

I did it yesterday - the answer is yes. Resort fees and taxes get you pretty good but still a great deal comparatively. Also was able to apply a DSU to the Lagoon View Suite.
Old Dec 14, 16, 11:55 pm

Has anyone had any luck booking a P+C stay at this property? I see plenty of points-only availability, but no P+C. As of now, we're booked into the GH Playa (which we've stayed at before), but I wouldn't mind trying out this new property if some availability comes up.
Old Dec 17, 16, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by carnalismocc View Post
Has anyone had any luck booking a P+C stay at this property? I see plenty of points-only availability, but no P+C. As of now, we're booked into the GH Playa (which we've stayed at before), but I wouldn't mind trying out this new property if some availability comes up.
flood gates wide open on P+C online through end of schedule

lots more pics at Hotwire
Old Dec 17, 16, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by Colin View Post
flood gates wide open on P+C online through end of schedule

lots more pics at Hotwire
Thanks for the heads up! I just switched my reservation over to this property and cancelled the GH Playa. The GH worked out well for us last time we were in the area, but I'm excited to try out this new property this time around. ^
Old Dec 18, 16, 12:49 am

Hotwire has a fully flexible rate this winter of $198.
Old Dec 19, 16, 10:37 am

Yea - at this stage point redemptions (either full or points + cash) seem wasteful.
Old Dec 19, 16, 11:11 am

Hotwire definitely has some good rates for this property, but unfortunately not so much for the dates that I'll be there. I'll stick with P+C for now.
Old Dec 19, 16, 12:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Over the past few days website has been updated with pictures and room descriptions and now has extensive P+C availability. used DSU into a lagoon view suite with plunge pool.
Old Dec 19, 16, 3:58 pm

Seems this hotel charges variable resort fees thats based on the price paid for the room. Thought its usually a fixed amount per night regardless of room type/cost.

Is this a trend thats in other hyatt properties as well, unlike such as Andaz Maui?
Old Dec 20, 16, 12:44 am

Programs: AA,UA SLV, SPG GLD,Hyatt GP Plat.,National Exec., Hertz Platinum
Hi Guys, stayed here on opening night and was the only guest for about 2 days after that. Ended up extending stay and I'm writing my review now but here are some pics. FYI, there is a kids club here. Hotel is amazing. Was upgraded to a beachside suite or whatever it was. Again, really great hotel.

Here are some images and the rest are like uploaded to the postimg thing.

rest of the pics
https://postimg.cc/gallery/2d6mgdw80/

Last edited by tahsir21; Dec 20, 16 at 12:54 am
Old Dec 20, 16, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by touringuy View Post
Yes, I'm curious about this as well. You were able to book a 4 night stay with only 2 nights paid?
Yep. Have done this a few times this year. All Citi cares about is the 4th night on the invoice. Any promos the hotel may be running that affects other nights, Citi doesn't care about.
Old Dec 20, 16, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by tahsir21 View Post
Hi Guys, stayed here on opening night and was the only guest for about 2 days after that. Ended up extending stay and I'm writing my review now but here are some pics. FYI, there is a kids club here. Hotel is amazing. Was upgraded to a beachside suite or whatever it was. Again, really great hotel.

Here are some images and the rest are like uploaded to the postimg thing.

IMG]https://s28.postimg.cc/ggcuzx4kt/IMG_20161216_102925.jpg[/IMG]

IMG]https://s28.postimg.cc/m5t3k8ar1/IMG_20161216_004737.jpg[/IMG]

IMG]https://s28.postimg.cc/fushhjywd/IMG_20161214_140156.jpg/[/IMG]

rest of the pics
https://postimg.cc/gallery/2d6mgdw80/
What room type were you originally booked in?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: