Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riveria Maya REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riveria Maya REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Sep 18, 2017, 6:21 am

Shouldn't an Exolorist or globalist be entitled to the Oceanfront Studio at this property without using a DSU? This room also has plunge pool and is higher in price than the Lagoon and Beach suites.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM
We just booked this hotel using a 6k upgrade, and the concierge was nice enough to send me floorpans of each of the room types. I'm confused in this thread that the lagoon suites are described as being bigger than the beach suites, as they seem identical in the layouts? Does anyone know?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 6:55 pm

lagoon suite has three balconies, one of which contains a private, heated pool 3x the size of the beach suite. due to being on the third floor and placement of the pool six feet back from the railing, the pool enjoys full privacy.

beach suite has two balconies, one of which contains a private, unheated pool 1/3 the size of the lagoon suite.

the interior space of the beach suite & lagoon suite are identical.

while my initial thoughts were that the lagoon suite was preferable for these reasons, having now stayed at the beach on a return visit, I do believe I would choose the beach location in the future if available for the same price.
pretty nice to be steps from the sand.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:01 pm

[QUOTE=Colin;28886513]lagoon suite has three balconies, one of which contains a private, heated pool 3x the size of the beach suite. due to being on the third floor and placement of the pool six feet back from the railing, the pool enjoys full privacy.

beach suite has two balconies, one of which contains a private, unheated pool 1/3 the size of the lagoon suite.

while my initial thoughts were that the lagoon suite was preferable for these reasons, having now stayed at the beach on a return visit, I do believe I would choose the beach location in the future if available for the same price.

Whoops. I don't know how to post images. Oh well! The floorplan he sent me has all of them with three balconies...Thank you though!
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:06 pm

[QUOTE=Becky2010;28886531]
Originally Posted by Colin
lagoon suite has three balconies, one of which contains a private, heated pool 3x the size of the beach suite. due to being on the third floor and placement of the pool six feet back from the railing, the pool enjoys full privacy.

Whoops. I don't know how to post images. Oh well! The floorplan he sent me has all of them with three balconies...Thank you though!
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:12 pm

yeah, that beach suite is just wrong. i have corrected it:
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:16 pm

Thanks, Colin! Ok. I think we will stick with the beach anyway. The concierge did say that we could get a beach double that adjoined. We need two rooms as we are a family of five. Right now we actually have two suites booked using the 6k a night upgrade, which is pretty amazing value. We are excited to try out the property!
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:22 pm

the beach suite is on floor1 or floor2

only the beach suite on floor2 offers a true connecting room option where the outdoors hallway between bedrooms is behind lockable doors
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by Colin
the beach suite is on floor1 or floor2

only the beach suite on floor2 offers a true connecting room option where the outdoors hallway between bedrooms is behind lockable doors
ok! That’s helpful. Hopefully that’s what we will be able to get. I wish that there was some way to use the upgrade to a beach front room, but you can’t have everything! With the ocean and the pools everywhere, I’m not sure how much we’d use that little plunge pool. Especially if it’s freezing!
Old Oct 4, 2017, 9:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum, SW Companion Pass Holder, Royal Caribbean Diamond P
Old Oct 8, 2017, 7:19 am

Beautiful property I am in the Lagoon View Suite and its defiantly very private (balcony pool) and spacious compared to the King rooms. Would love to be located in the Beach Suites but I got the upgrade from being Globalist and was not looking to pay out of pocket.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:21 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
Currently on property in a Beach Suite (first night, just arrived)...

Absolutely beautiful property and wonderful service. I would compare the service we've received so far to five-star Maldives resorts.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Please share how to get from the airport(CUN) to the hotel. We are not planning to rent a car. Can we take Uber? Thanks!
Old Oct 19, 2017, 9:50 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
I believe most people book a pre-arranged van. I flew into CZM and spent 4 nights at the Westin Cozumel, so my arrival into Playa Del Carmen was via Ferry.

I paid $50 USD for Andaz's SUV to pick me up, though a Taxi would have cost $7. I happened to be feeling nausea that day, and just didn't want to have to chance it with a taxi -- normally I would have just taken the taxi.

I believe they charge $100 USD for their service from the airport (which is also much more expensive than other options), but I will say their SUV is very nice and clean, and it is certainly a luxurious experience.

The Van service I used in Cozumel was extremely basic, and shared with a total of ~10 people (my wife and I plus 8 strangers, going to different hotels) and I'd expect the CUN van services to be comparable.

I believe Uber is available from CUN to Playa, but it is not available from Playa to CUN.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:35 pm

the taxi stand is run by Super Shuttle. it’s not shared shuttle, it’s a private sedan or private van.

cost is $96 roundtrip, payable via credit card at CUN airport.
hotel pickup on return is reliable.
nice new cars.

add $10 tip each way.

far easier than trying to find prearranged transport in the scrum of T3 arrivals.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.