FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   For those w Hyatt credit card: $30 food and bev credit at Hyatt Place/House exp 7/31 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1757024-those-w-hyatt-credit-card-30-food-bev-credit-hyatt-place-house-exp-7-31-a.html)

SanDiego1K Apr 2, 2016 1:09 pm

For those w Hyatt credit card: $30 food and bev credit at Hyatt Place/House exp 7/31

I received a card today good for $30 for food and beverage at "any participating Hyatt Place or Hyatt House locatin in the US". It must be used between 4/1 and 7/31/16. You must be staying at the time. Cannot be used for alcohol purchases. The card has to be presented and relinquished at time of purchase. Not valid outside US.

I appreciate any effort by Hyatt to make their charge card more meaningful.

jameswes Apr 2, 2016 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K (Post 26426259)
I received a card today good for $30 for food and beverage at "any participating Hyatt Place or Hyatt House locatin in the US". It must be used between 4/1 and 7/31/16. You must be staying at the time. Cannot be used for alcohol purchases. The card has to be presented and relinquished at time of purchase. Not valid outside US.

Interesting. Did you receive it in the mail? With a statement, or a standalone mailer?

duhe Apr 2, 2016 1:46 pm

I received it via mail as a standalone mailer.

SanDiego1K Apr 2, 2016 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by duhe (Post 26426357)
I received it via mail as a standalone mailer.

Same. It's a trifold card that proclaims on the outside there is a $30 food credit. When you open it, one side describes the food available at Hyatt Place. The other side describes food at Hyatt House. The middle has the peeloff card and gives its Ts and Cs.

PancakeGames Apr 2, 2016 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K (Post 26426259)

Wife and I both got a mailer. T&Cs say the stay must be booked with your Hyatt Visa?

jtc331 Apr 2, 2016 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by jameswes (Post 26426328)
Interesting. Did you receive it in the mail? With a statement, or a standalone mailer?

I received one in a standalone mailer.

Only negative is the "no alcohol"; I don't particularly think it makes sense to call it a "Food and Beverage" voucher given that, but it's still a good value.

Exiled in Express Apr 2, 2016 4:01 pm

Nice mailbox surprise today. ^ Is it safe to assume this is universal to all cardholders at this point?

$30 in one transaction without alcohol is going to be somewhat difficult to use on my planned stays, several grab and go sandwiches and sodas should do it.

Freckles68 Apr 2, 2016 4:27 pm

I got one too.

NJNY Apr 2, 2016 5:22 pm

We both have credit cards and both received these mailers. I didn't notice the alcohol exclusion until I saw it on this thread - that's too bad since I'm not a big fan of the food at HPs and HHs.

joey965 Apr 2, 2016 5:41 pm

Diamond and I got one yesterday. Wife is only Platinum due to her credit card and she did not get it.

elg26 Apr 2, 2016 6:08 pm

That stinks. ..have Hyatt cc and staying this evening at a HP in PA. Didn't get anything prior...

miadukes Apr 2, 2016 6:29 pm

I will have to look in my mail gotta get to PO box.I like the hyatt place food downstairs, not bad and $30 could be useful

milemission Apr 3, 2016 11:02 pm

I wonder if the $30 coupon card can be use by a different card holder instead of
the one received it.

sam_goh Apr 4, 2016 1:03 am

Originally Posted by milemission (Post 26432395)
I wonder if the $30 coupon card can be use by a different card holder instead of
the one received it.

I'm not home to see if I even received it - but is the card customized in any way (e.g. unique # + pin)? And how is it linked to your Chase CC # anyways?

SanDiego1K Apr 4, 2016 9:10 am

Originally Posted by milemission (Post 26432395)
I wonder if the $30 coupon card can be use by a different card holder instead of the one received it.

I'm sure it can be.

Originally Posted by sam_goh (Post 26432730)
,,is the card customized in any way (e.g. unique # + pin)? And how is it linked to your Chase CC # anyways?

There is no personalization.