Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Confidante Miami / Andaz Miami Beach - Unbound - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Confidante Miami / Andaz Miami Beach - Unbound - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:17 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by 59Impala

2 chairs are available/included per room at the pool and the beach. Umbrellas at the beach cost 19$, this should definitely be included. quite stingy I thought.
Just FYI, umbrellas are now 22$, an additional chair beyond two is 19$.

Very ridiculous policy at an otherwise nice property.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:05 am

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Ex Plat, SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
4pm late check out ?

i don’t see the word “resort” in its title so will I get 4pm Globalist check out ?
I never had a problem at the Centic even thou they have resort fees
Never sure if having resort fees =no late check out

Old Jan 31, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by cbrown5294
i don’t see the word “resort” in its title so will I get 4pm Globalist check out ?
I never had a problem at the Centic even thou they have resort fees
Never sure if having resort fees =no late check out
Should not be a problem getting late check-out as a Globalist.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 9:28 am

it is absolutely a resort, as defined by Hyatt at https://www.hyatt.com/promo/hyatt-resorts.
the hotel is free to deny a globalist’s late check-out request.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:38 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by Colin
it is absolutely a resort, as defined by Hyatt at https://www.hyatt.com/promo/hyatt-resorts.
the hotel is free to deny a globalist’s late check-out request.
Exactly, it is a resort.

It does seem like many people (myself included) have gotten late check outs though.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 3:11 pm

at a non-resort, the hotel must let the globalist keep his room until 4pm.
at a full property that is turning most of the rooms, the hotel must roll-with the consequences by apologizing to new guests not being accomodated at check-in time and offering gestures like free drinks or meals.

at a resort in the same situation, the resort would simply deny the request.
in the absence of a true need for the room, the resort is going to grant the globalists request.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Wow, my bad. I had not realized this. Has it always been on the resort list? Like MarkOK, I had no trouble getting late checkout there, but that was two years back.

It's a long list. I need to be more careful about avoiding some of these places.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 7:27 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Does anyone know if there are changing/ shower facilities at the pool or the gym? We have no status and our flight out of MIA is 7:30 pm. We want to maximize pool/ beach access after checkout but want a shower before heading out to the airport.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 8:07 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Namaste1
Does anyone know if there are changing/ shower facilities at the pool or the gym?
Just wrapped up a 5-night stay here - there are definitely no shower facilities at the pool (other than outdoor, rinse-off type showers, but they're not enclosed). I asked my wife about the gym and she said it was fairly small and she did not see a shower, but wasn't sure.

We booked last September under the old cash + points scheme for four nights; there were no suites available when we booked, but in December a Miami Suite opened up and I was able to upgrade to that using a suite upgrade. I later booked a fifth night on points, the hotel let me keep the Miami Suite for the fifth night which was appreciated. On past stays we had a Miami Suite Balcony, but none were available this time - the Miami Suite is pretty much the same, a slightly different layout, of course no balcony, and our room faced Miami rather than the Ocean. I missed the Balcony but was still happy with the suite. We were on the top floor and there is a fair amount of elevator noise, the hotel provides really effective earplugs which completely eliminated the noise for me.

No one mentioned anything about breakfast being restricted to the buffet so we ordered a mixture of buffet and entrees and were never charged for anything. The Happy Hour continues with $4 beers from 4-7PM.

In addition to the winter break crowds, there was an E&Y meeting in house and the hotel was fully sold out during our whole stay. We inquired about a late checkout and the best the hotel could do was Noon (vs 11AM) but offered us another (non-suite) room for the afternoon so our son could nap. We did not ultimately take them up on this offer but I thought this was a really nice offer. The hotel staff all were very friendly to our son and I think this is a nice spot for kids.. he loved the pool and beach.

Not much else to say compared to my prior reviews.. This was our fourth visit to the hotel over the last 1.5 years or so, I continue to really like this hotel and plan to keep coming back especially since it remains a Category 4.
59Impala likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 11:51 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Just finished a 5 night stay here. The best thing about this property was the staff - very friendly and helpful guys and gals. We hadn't realised that JusCollege had a Spring Break starting on our second night. It wasn't too much of a problem as most of them didn't appear until lunchtime, started drinking again and then slept by the pool.

At check-in the only WOH benefit was two bottles of water. No upgrade and given a very small room with no view or balcony in the original building. Tried the breakfast in the restaurant one morning and the food was awful so didn't bother again. So many better choices for breakfast within 5 minutes at 50-70% cheaper.

Great location and the pool area is nice but loungers are really packed in and got completely full by lunchtime. Overnight parking at $44 was ridiculous when we could park in a nearby parking garage for $8.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 11:56 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
The breakfast buffet is not very good. The menu items are much better... i.e., fried chicken over waffle
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 12:02 pm

the waffle (on the chicken & waffle order) has some weird, not-at-all-subtle chive crap in it - custom the order for a "plain waffle".

the hotel policy is buffet only for globalists. several different employees at front-desk & servers reiterated.
i tried buffet (sucks, save the granola) and then just ordered what I want for remaining days.
the buffets came off folio automatically.
the menu breakfasts did not. I asked for then to remove which they did, but only after a bit of groveling & some talk about a one-time exception.

at the end of the day, the menu breakfast is free but you'll have to grovel.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 12:06 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
We ordered from the menu. I had the American. The eggs over easy were uncooked, the “ham” wasn’t anything like ham and the plate was supplemented by a large pile of cold potatoes. The server didn’t seem surprised to see an untouched plate when she came to clear the table.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 8:51 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
If the eggs were un-cooked, why didn't you send it back? Are you saying you just sat there and did noting? Is a bit late to post it here isn't it.
I hope you went else where the next day (or that morning since it was untouched).
I for one think is lots better than most Hyatt breakfast (i.e., Andaz NYC (both) or the lounge offerings and any of the HH or HP)
Old Mar 8, 2019, 8:56 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

We had waited so long for our breakfast that I just paid the bill and went across the road. Didn't eat there again so they lost out. This is nowhere near a satisfactory breakfast and I for one have had better at the Hyatt hotels in and around Miami. There's plenty of choice and on our next visit in a few weeks we will stay elsewhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.