Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Confidante Miami / Andaz Miami Beach - Unbound - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Confidante Miami / Andaz Miami Beach - Unbound - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2017, 10:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist
Im trying to decide between this hotel and the centric south beach and can't quite make up my mind. anybody with experiences with both?
Old Dec 15, 2017, 10:23 am

Curious about this too, but I think the Confidante location is much less preferable for me, so I'm sticking with Centric.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, United Silver, Bonvoy Titanium.
Never done the Centric but the Confidante is an excellent property. I loved it. Easy Uber down to SoBe.

Originally Posted by joetro
Curious about this too, but I think the Confidante location is much less preferable for me, so I'm sticking with Centric.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 11:08 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

I had a great experience at The Confidante recognition wise this past summer with a lovely suite upgrade as a Globalist
And while some of the team members were not up to Hyatt standards the experience itself was
Old Dec 20, 2017, 7:33 am

Stayed at the Royal Palm SPG property and The Confidante. Royal Palm is right across the street from the Hyatt Centric.

Comparing the locations: Mid-beach is supposed to be less busy. While true, the Confidante is located right at 41st street, which connects to mainland Florida, as a result, the intersection by this hotel has a significant amount of traffic. On the road used to connect Mid-beach to South-Beach, traffic is down to one lane due to construction. As a result, the trip from The Confidante, down to where the Hyatt Centric is (and Lincoln), takes maybe 10-12 minutes, when it could probably take 7-8 minutes. The beach seems less busy in mid-beach. The boardwalk is wonderful to run on in mid-beach. Hyatt Centric will have less of a walk to the shopping on Lincoln, if you insist on walking. IMO, The Hyatt Centric loses all the ambiance of a true "tropical vacation", that The Confidante tries to create in their backyard. Hyatt Centric loses the beach front access that you probably come to Miami Beach for.

In addition, The Confidante has significant amount of suites and a variety of suites, to upgrade or purchase at a great price. The pools at The Confidante are new and nice, although smaller. The Confidante seems like an old hotel that has had a number of renovations/face-lifts, and it would also seem most of these renovations have happened recently. Restaurants are fresh/new. The bathroom towels are less scratchy than say a Westin. The beach chairs and beach pillow cushions smelled clean (Royal Palm pool chair cushions smelled like mold). Tripadvisor shows a number of basic rooms that are very small in size, and I would of course encourage everyone to do whatever it takes to avoid those rooms, as they are tighter on space.

I know the Hyatt Centric is literally brand new, from the ground up, but The Confidante is a great hotel. The Confidante was also cheaper than the Centric. The only downside is really that 41st/Collins intersection, which has 3 lanes of traffic going by the hotel. If you want to go Mainland-Florida, you have to hop on 41st, which requires crossing 3 lanes of traffic and making a left turn (requires no traffic, so not easy). The alternative is to just exit The Confidante, turn right down 41st street, make a u-turn, and go straight across the intersection when the light turns.

I think the answer is pretty easily defined as "either, or...probably about the same experience overall". I say this thinking that this price range of Miami Beach hotels is really full of a ton of "the same". Where the experience isn't going to change a whole lot, until you move up to the hotels that are the clearly more expensive. E.G.: 1 Hotel, Setai, W, Delano, SLS, Miami Beach Edition.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 11:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
I personally think mid-beach is so much classier than South Beach. Better to sleep/stay on mid-beach and go to Lincoln Road by Uber — or, even more fun if you have the energy, walking.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, NYC MTA Gold, AA EXP
Stayed 4 nights over the Christmas week and few observations:
* Pool/Beach Chair: only 2 per room, after that they charge you. Umbrella $19/per.
* Gym: small and old equipments
*Breakfast: You can make reservations. Indoor tables are too cold to sit. $25/person allowance as a Globalist, however the hotel took care of the entire breakfast bill.(we went over the limit)
Old Dec 29, 2017, 11:24 am

I was told $100/room is comped as globalist. I also went over by $4-8 due to tax/gratuity ($6 juices, $6 coffee adds up), but was not charged for it.

Originally Posted by NYCWahoo
* Pool/Beach Chair: only 2 per room, after that they charge you. Umbrella $19/per.
*Breakfast: You can make reservations. Indoor tables are too cold to sit. $25/person allowance as a Globalist, however the hotel took care of the entire breakfast bill.(we went over the limit)
Old Dec 30, 2017, 7:23 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by NYCWahoo
I was also here this week and told 100 per room.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 6:54 am

I decided on the Confidante for presidents day weekend on points as a gift for my special lady. Im hoping my newly minted explorist status will atleast get me upgraded to something with an ocean view, there seems to be plenty of availability.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 7:05 am

As an explorist over new years we got partial ocean view, but i honestly don't care much about views because I can walk across the street to go to the actual ocean with full views instead of sitting in my room for any minute more than necessary.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 5:31 pm

Programs: Globallist
Originally Posted by nomiiiii
As an explorist over new years we got partial ocean view, but i honestly don't care much about views because I can walk across the street to go to the actual ocean with full views instead of sitting in my room for any minute more than necessary.
I MISS Hyatt a tad. WAS Diamond for 6 straight years, and then it went globie, and don't love the bees.

Heading to the Bahamas, 150$ a night at the Grand Hyatt with a TSU and will be stopping by for one night here.

FREE NIGHT on south beach
valet parking
resort fees
free breakfast

ALL THE CUBANOS I can muster in 28 hours :-)

looking forward to the VALUE of the 1 night
Old Jan 7, 2018, 4:25 am

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Category 4 makes this one of the best properties domestically to blow your annual Hyatt cert
Old Jan 16, 2018, 8:37 pm

Just got back from my stay here as an explorist and thought id share. I stayed Sat to Mon got into the hotel around 11 am and asked for an upgrade and was told only thing available would be a partial ocean view if i wait till 630 because they had late checkout. We decieded to get changed into our beach stuff and spend the day between the beach and the pool and just store our bags till then. the staff at check in were great, friendly and helpful without it seeming really fake and insincere. got to the beach and had some drinks, beers were reasonably priced unlike the $7 for a single 4 inch taco but the fries were really good. Moved to the pool where there was a DJ but not playing the music at an obnoxious level and continued drinking. Everyone was really helpful when it came to a problem with our tab. We did not have a room number yet so when it came time to putting our tabs on our room so i could get hyatt points there was some confusion, i was given a room number to use but turned out to be the wrong number but my waiters straightened it out for me while i was still at the bar. We ended up being checked in early around 4 into room 918 which was clean and was in a nice spot to see both the sunrise on the ocean and sunset over the city. However the next morning i was awoken by loud bangs 6-7 am which turned out to be the gym on the floor above. i was hearing every weight drop and every step of people running on the treadmills.... It seemed crazy to put a gym over rooms and not have the proper soundproofing, or at the very least maybe not place an Explorist there, i cant imagine this was an unknown problem it was hard to miss. Unfortunately i chickened out complaining to the desk being new to having status i feel like an ... complaining about an upgraded room.The next day I took the free bikes out, you get two hours but the bikes were pretty beat up and the brakes weren't working great. i spent most of the rest of the day away from the hotel until late and had a few drinks at the bar before bed, its a nice bar and i really recommend the Hefeweizen on tap at the moment. Checkout was easy all my tabs were right on the bill, paid and left for the airport. I noticed today that i didn't receive any points for my bar bills, i'm almost positive this should count toward my eligible spend. Let me know if im wrong before i make an ... of myself when i call tomorrow. I would definitely return next time i want some time at the beach i think i may be spending a couple of my 1-4 free nights here in the future but even with just points at only 15k a night its a steal especially when you include the resort fees and taxes you save.

P.S. be sure to take a bike ride to roasters and toasters for breakfast and get the blintzes they were incredible.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 5:30 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by layoverdan
. Checkout was easy all my tabs were right on the bill, paid and left for the airport. I noticed today that i didn't receive any points for my bar bills, i'm almost positive this should count toward my eligible spend. Let me know if im wrong before i make an ... of myself when i call tomorrow.
Alcohol mostly is inellible for WoH points. Also for other loyalty programs. I belive this is a state law in many states. I recall a thread on this topic as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.