Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Confidante Miami / Andaz Miami Beach - Unbound - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Confidante Miami / Andaz Miami Beach - Unbound - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2018, 6:48 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
I had a four night stay here in November and liked it so much I took advantage of an AA schedule change to cancel a Clearwater trip planned for February in order to come back. For the November trip, I applied a suite upgrade and received the “Miami Suite” which I really enjoyed.. a proper suite with a separate bedroom and a very nice sized bathroom, along with a balcony and ocean views. I booked a AAA Hot Deal rate that included parking for <$200 per night (just before Thanksgiving); although I was charged for parking, I showed the front desk my confirmation and they removed it without question. With the resort fee waived as a Globalist, I thought it was a great value.

The things i especially enjoyed were (1) the breakfast - although it could use some variety (the buffet was exactly the same every day), the food was high quality and tasty and I loved being able to sit outside (2) the “baby beach” (as my two year old called it) right near the pool, full of toys, where my son could have fun while we relaxed and (3) the beach itself, also with a kids’ area with sand toys provided. The grounds are very nice for a smaller resort hotel with separate pools for adults and families. This hotel doesn’t feel like a typical Hyatt, but everything was clean and in good working order.

This is was my fourth or fifth visit to Miami Beach and this was more my speed than staying on South Beach. There are not a whole lot of restaurants around but we did have a surprisingly good meal at the Circa 39 hotel across the street. There is a Walgreens and also other shops and delis in walking distance across the bridge. This hotel is also very easy to get to/from the airport including on the airport express bus.

I think this is a fantastic addition to the Category 4 pool and look forward to at least a couple of stays here before Hyatt figures that out and raises it back to a higher category.
59Impala likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 8:19 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Just got back from a two-night stay. The first night was a revenue booking and the second was the Brand Explorer free night. I wasn't able to use my last suite upgrade cert so I booked a partial ocean view room to hedge my bet. This turned out to be a good thing as the hotel was pretty much sold out and the best they could do was give me a room in the same class on the top floor (1223). The view was pretty nice, especially since the Courtyard next door is closed while it is being rebadged as an AC Hotel, so there's a bit of extra privacy. The rooms on the second and 12th floors seem to have higher ceilings than the other floors, which was nice. There was a nice welcome amenity of a $10 bottle of Pinot Noir and truffles in the room which was appreciated.

When I checked my bill after the first day, I noticed that I had been charged the resort fee (and taxes) along with breakfast but the front desk was good about reversing the charges. I correctly wasn't charged the resort fee or for parking on my award night.

Breakfast Saturday morning at Bird and Bone was a bit of a mess; we showed up around 930 and had to wait about 10 minutes to be seated; my impression was that they had tables but a shortage of servers and staff to assign tables. The fried chicken and waffles was really good (and more than enough for one person) but be noted it takes about 10-15 min to prepare. We had breakfast the next morning at 830 and it was pretty empty with no wait and sat outside. The buffet was more pedestrian and pretty limited in selection. Bird and Bone is on OpenTable so I made reservations both mornings to get the extra points.
monitor likes this.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Feb 5, 2018 at 5:35 am
Old Feb 23, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
We have plans to stay here using points. Anyone had experience as Glob if the valet parking is comp when using points? I know the resort fee is comp but not sure about valet. Thanks!
Old Feb 23, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
We have plans to stay here using points. Anyone had experience as Glob if the valet parking is comp when using points? I know the resort fee is comp but not sure about valet. Thanks!
Yes it is if using points, not if not.
Old May 1, 2018, 9:12 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Has anyone stayed in the "Ocean View Suite", with wrap around balcony, 700 sq ft? are these actually ocean front? it seems like it, if I view the building on google earth.
Thanks for any hints
Old May 2, 2018, 6:11 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
I have not but knowing the building faces the ocean without any obstructions, I expect the balcony to have a full beach front view. After staying here over spring break, I've decided this is my go to Miami beach hotel. The breakfast off the menu was awesome (get the fried chicken on waffle - I do not advise the buffet) and the staff was very attentive. The only thing I did not enjoy was the wiff of joint smoke coming from outside the hotel property into the pool area.
Old May 2, 2018, 3:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
I have not but knowing the building faces the ocean without any obstructions, I expect the balcony to have a full beach front view. After staying here over spring break, I've decided this is my go to Miami beach hotel. The breakfast off the menu was awesome (get the fried chicken on waffle - I do not advise the buffet) and the staff was very attentive. The only thing I did not enjoy was the wiff of joint smoke coming from outside the hotel property into the pool area.
What kind of smoke? Ganja, cigar, cigarette, pipe, wood? It makes a difference
Old May 2, 2018, 4:55 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
What kind of smoke? Ganja, cigar, cigarette, pipe, wood? It makes a difference
from hotelfanatic's post ...

wiff of joint smoke
Old May 2, 2018, 11:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Has anyone stayed in the "Ocean View Suite", with wrap around balcony, 700 sq ft? are these actually ocean front? it seems like it, if I view the building on google earth.
Thanks for any hints
I mean, nothing here is "ocean front" in the sense of walk out of your room into the waves, because the hotel is tallish. But the balcony suites are great. They're beautiful. You'll wake up and see the beach and ocean right below you. Plenty of room on the balcony to smoke a cigar and chill. Wake up to the sunrise if you want, close the shades if you don't. This place is awesome and has also become my go-to Miami spot.
59Impala likes this.
Old May 25, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I just stayed at The Confidante for four nights and really enjoyed it. It really is a great value on points much of the time. Over the weekend nightly rates were well over $300 for a basic room.

The first night was booked full, but for nights 2-4 I was upgraded to the Ocean View Suite. It has an "L" shaped balcony overlooking the pool area on one side and the beach on the other. I was impressed with how well they insulated the doors too; even though there was pretty loud music at the pool until ~midnight, when we closed the slider doors you could barely hear it.

The location is really great for families. It's about 1.5 miles north of "South Beach", but it's just a few steps to the beach and they provide beach chairs and towels for you. And on the walkway out to the beach there's a free sunscreen dispenser, so it is extremely convenient. There's a nice boardwalk that you can walk up and down to see the mid-beach area (or walk all the way to SoBe if desired). Bike rentals are included for free in the resort fee (which is waived for Globalists).
I had a mixed payment stay (2 nights on points, 2 paid nights) and they proactively removed all the valet charges, even though that wasn't necessary.

For breakfast, they provide a flat $100. However, even though I went a little over one morning I wasn't charged.

They have two pools, one of which is adults only (not clearly marked as such, but they do enforce it). They are both heated.

Overall the staff is really friendly and helpful. While at the pool with kids, one of the staff proactively went and got floaty toys for them to play with. My kids used it for hours, so the next day before we even got to the pool, he saw us coming and ran to get the toys! Really, we felt like we were very well taken care of.

Originally Posted by 59Impala
Has anyone stayed in the "Ocean View Suite", with wrap around balcony, 700 sq ft? are these actually ocean front? it seems like it, if I view the building on google earth. Thanks for any hints
They are Ocean Front in that they are at the front of the property and directly face the ocean. As mentioned above, you still have the pool, boardwalk and beach in front of you. But you will have an unobstructed view of the ocean from your suite. If you're on a lower floor (4/5) there will be some palm trees that partially block the view, but to me that just adds to the ambiance
River in Sight and 59Impala like this.
Old May 25, 2018, 8:45 am
formerly a193991

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Thank you so much for your great comments/review. Looking forward to our stay!

Originally Posted by jameswes
I just stayed at The Confidante for four nights and really enjoyed it. It really is a great value on points much of the time. Over the weekend nightly rates were well over $300 for a basic room.

The first night was booked full, but for nights 2-4 I was upgraded to the Ocean View Suite. It has an "L" shaped balcony overlooking the pool area on one side and the beach on the other. I was impressed with how well they insulated the doors too; even though there was pretty loud music at the pool until ~midnight, when we closed the slider doors you could barely hear it.

The location is really great for families. It's about 1.5 miles north of "South Beach", but it's just a few steps to the beach and they provide beach chairs and towels for you. And on the walkway out to the beach there's a free sunscreen dispenser, so it is extremely convenient. There's a nice boardwalk that you can walk up and down to see the mid-beach area (or walk all the way to SoBe if desired). Bike rentals are included for free in the resort fee (which is waived for Globalists).
I had a mixed payment stay (2 nights on points, 2 paid nights) and they proactively removed all the valet charges, even though that wasn't necessary.

For breakfast, they provide a flat $100. However, even though I went a little over one morning I wasn't charged.

They have two pools, one of which is adults only (not clearly marked as such, but they do enforce it). They are both heated.

Overall the staff is really friendly and helpful. While at the pool with kids, one of the staff proactively went and got floaty toys for them to play with. My kids used it for hours, so the next day before we even got to the pool, he saw us coming and ran to get the toys! Really, we felt like we were very well taken care of.

They are Ocean Front in that they are at the front of the property and directly face the ocean. As mentioned above, you still have the pool, boardwalk and beach in front of you. But you will have an unobstructed view of the ocean from your suite. If you're on a lower floor (4/5) there will be some palm trees that partially block the view, but to me that just adds to the ambiance
Old Aug 6, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by jameswes
Thanks for the great review. Looking forward to our stay later this month over labor day weekend.

Regarding breakfast, is the $100 per day a hotel policy and is it regardless of the number of people staying?
Old Aug 6, 2018, 1:29 pm

My experience with 3 ppl and breakfast bill slightly over $100 was removed from bill.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 1:36 pm
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by crazyhorse
Thanks for the great review. Looking forward to our stay later this month over labor day weekend.

Regarding breakfast, is the $100 per day a hotel policy and is it regardless of the number of people staying?
my experience last week was $100 per room. I had 3 rooms, 2 in each. So $50 per person.
the buffet was quite disappointing I thought, or maybe my expectations were just too high? but food was not refilled often enough, selection/variety was on the lower side. so I ordered from the menu on 2 mornings. quality was very good though.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 2:13 pm
formerly a193991

I had an overall excellent stay at this hotel. We booked 3 rooms (2 ocean view suites with wraparound balconies plus standard ocean view room with balcony).

mind - there is construction going on on the 2nd floor level. due to this, they contacted me in advance, as they had to downgrade me to a Miami Suite with balcony, which was obviously a bit disappointing. Got 130$ resort credit to use.

2 chairs are available/included per room at the pool and the beach. Umbrellas at the beach cost 19$, this should definitely be included. quite stingy I thought.

staff very friendly, breakfast is very good, although the options at the buffet are limited in my view. Also, they did not refill very often. E.g. on my first trip to the buffet I took the last croissant, and they were not refilled on my 2nd and 3rd trip.... same with scrambled eggs... not refilled when almost empty. daily allowance for breakfast per room for Globalists is USD 100, which is sufficient to order off the menu as well! Juices for instance are not included in the buffet price.

Mind, there are no coffee machines in any room. They offer free coffee in the mornings near the lobby.

In general though, a great hotel, and definitely my choice for the Miami Beach area. the Centric South Beach is often in the similar price range, and hence a no-brainer in that situation.

Last edited by 59Impala; Aug 6, 2018 at 2:44 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.