Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Confidante Miami / Andaz Miami Beach - Unbound - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Confidante Miami / Andaz Miami Beach - Unbound - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2016, 8:01 pm

Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt
Originally Posted by ang2383
Thanks monitor and membersince2013! I appreciate the response!

membersince2013 - yes, can you please share photos of the miami suite. i'm still deciding between the two.
Really clean look. Nothing too crazy. No advanced tech. And stay away from the Fred water you see in the photo.

Old Jul 19, 2016, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
That is a nice looking suite but the deluxe king room with the wraparound terrace IMO beats it to hell if you are alone. BTW, I believe that these rooms are line #28. I had 1128.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by monitor
That is a nice looking suite but the deluxe king room with the wraparound terrace IMO beats it to hell if you are alone. BTW, I believe that these rooms are line #28. I had 1128.
I saw those from the beach. Actually, i had a problem figuring out which building was The Confidante from the beach. They all look the same.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 2:24 pm

Thanks for posting the photos membersince2013!
Old Jul 20, 2016, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by ang2383
Thanks for posting the photos membersince2013!
No problem!
Old Oct 22, 2016, 2:57 pm

hey guys might stop in miami for 3 days beginning of october. anyone know if this is a good choice to relax...get some work done and explore miami? i'm with my partner and i'm wondering if it's worth it to choose this property and use a dsu? what would i likely get without a dsu? thanks!
Old Nov 2, 2016, 10:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Does this property charge a resort fee to Diamonds? Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 3, 2016, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Katlor
Does this property charge a resort fee to Diamonds? Thanks in advance!
Unfortunately, last July the answer was yes. I had an award night combined with paid nights and was charged the fee for all. This was in accord with hotel practice as my inquiry at the desk revealed.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 2:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Thanks for the answer-- was hoping with the new Globalist changes that hotels will start getting rid of these fees for Diamonds before March comes, but that's probably too hopeful.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by monitor
Unfortunately, last July the answer was yes. I had an award night combined with paid nights and was charged the fee for all. This was in accord with hotel practice as my inquiry at the desk revealed.
I believe that you should not have been charged the resort fee for your award night. I'm not sure if it's in the old T&Cs like the new ones but it's a basic consensus around here that no resort fee for paid nights.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 9:33 pm
Formerly known as rwk32882

Programs: IHTFP, AS 75k, AA EXP, AC 75k, ex-UA 1K, Ex-BD *G (RIP), SPG Gold
Gotta say, the resort fee ($26+tax) and parking fee ($42+tax) really inflate the nightly rate at this property. Does anyone know if there are garages nearby? Presumably space on-street is tight in this area.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, JL JGC, Hyatt Glob
Just had a short stay at this property over Christmas, and I have to say, this is really a nice property. I adjusted my expectations before arriving, after having read this thread. There must have been a couple of policy changes in these few months. But here is a summary of what happened:

1) We were not charged the resort fee, and we were not on a full points stay. We used a DSU, and after requesting to pay the difference from the Miami suite up to the Miami Balcony suite, we received it as a complimentary upgrade on arrival. I think this is definitely worth paying for even if you can't get it as an additional upgrade. The balcony suite is a very nice suite, with a full on view of the beach and the pool area from the high floor that we were on. The only oddity (which probably applied for all rooms), was a lack of a coffee maker. I saw a staff member bringing up a coffee maker on a tray the next morning, so I think you can request it.

2) We were initially told that breakfast includes up to $25 per person as diamond, but there was no breakfast charge on the check out bill. Our breakfast charge was $100+ for 3 people. (the iced coffee is cold brew, and was $6 a glass. But it was very good.)

3) Regarding the parking situation, we did not valet park at the hotel. A few blocks north on collins avenue is the beach parking lot. After 6pm, it is free until 8am the next morning. Went for an early morning drive and parked on the street afterwards.

We spent most of our time on the Miami side, and wanted to try this property for future visits. I can say, I am comfortable paying $200-$300 a night in peak season at this property.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 7:18 am

Along with the resort charge comes the label of a "resort" which means they aren't required to give 4pm check outs. I also noticed that the room has a lot of noise from the elevator and the service to the room isn't so great.

Last edited by Astrophsx; Jan 12, 2017 at 5:05 pm
Old Jan 11, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
refer to diamond breakfast amenity, can i have it via room service?
Old Jan 11, 2017, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
refer to diamond breakfast amenity, can i have it via room service?
The front desk said no. If it's a busy weekend you may expect a wait for a table for breakfast. It's a $100 credit per day. Gratuity at the restaurant is fixed at 20%, but I think you can probably get away with $100 pre-tax/tip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.