Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Confidante Miami / Andaz Miami Beach - Unbound - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

The Confidante Miami / Andaz Miami Beach - Unbound - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old May 1, 2016, 6:30 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by spgplat21
You may want to read up on urban beach week if you're planning a memorial day stay. We've never stayed in south beach during this time but we've been caught up in some crazy traffic during this period while staying further north.

I'll second the need to stay completely away from the beach that weekend! Utter chaos!
Old May 2, 2016, 5:47 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt
Originally Posted by miadukes
So yesterday, i tried booking 28-31 at The Confidante in order to make use of the free night. I picked an OceanFront Balcony King in hope that they'll upgrade me to a Suite since im a Diamond. Price for 3 nights came out to almost $1500. Didn't seem weird to me but i wanted to try something else. I then went back and tried booking 28-30. Oceanfront was $20 less and the price came out to be $900+. Doesn't seem like the 3rd night is actually free...You're still paying for it. I just went ahead and booked 2 nights and then booked my earlier dates at the Hilton Bentley Miami (trying to keep Diamond at Hyatt and Hilton).
Old May 3, 2016, 9:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Membersince2013
So yesterday, i tried booking 28-31 at The Confidante in order to make use of the free night. I picked an OceanFront Balcony King in hope that they'll upgrade me to a Suite since im a Diamond. Price for 3 nights came out to almost $1500. Didn't seem weird to me but i wanted to try something else. I then went back and tried booking 28-30. Oceanfront was $20 less and the price came out to be $900+. Doesn't seem like the 3rd night is actually free...You're still paying for it. I just went ahead and booked 2 nights and then booked my earlier dates at the Hilton Bentley Miami (trying to keep Diamond at Hyatt and Hilton).
Are you sure that you didn't get the 3rd night free? Did you remember to use the "FREE3" code? Also, the 3rd night free is off the standard rate. I just checked and I saw the Oceanfront balcony was $589/night for 2 nights. For the third it clearly showed in the rate details $589/night for the first 2 nights and the third night free. Final price was like $1200 + taxes.
Old May 3, 2016, 9:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by hdfdisk
Booked for memorial day with suite upgrade!
(And the fun thing is, there was a Tornado warning on HGP call center today when I was calling to use DSU)
What room did the DSU book into?
Old May 3, 2016, 10:39 am

Programs: LH HON,AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, and a few more
Originally Posted by cdancer20
What room did the DSU book into?
Books into the Miami Suite.
Old May 3, 2016, 2:58 pm

Are you sure that you didn't get the 3rd night free? Did you remember to use the "FREE3" code? Also, the 3rd night free is off the standard rate. I just checked and I saw the Oceanfront balcony was $589/night for 2 nights. For the third it clearly showed in the rate details $589/night for the first 2 nights and the third night free. Final price was like $1200 + taxes.
Weird...I see $379. I just checked for those dates again and i still see $379. What im describing is that the 3rd night is basically like..$100 off. I booked 29-31 instead and used my free nights and points at the Hilton Bentley.
Old May 3, 2016, 4:57 pm

Weird...I see $379. I just checked for those dates again and i still see $379. What im describing is that the 3rd night is basically like..$100 off. I booked 29-31 instead and used my free nights and points at the Hilton Bentley.
Again, did you remember to look at the standard rate?

Looking again - There seems to be a problem with the booking system.
The 28-29 is $499.
The 29-30 is $419.
The 30-31 is $319.
However the 28-30 is $589/night...that makes no sense that you are getting charged more for 2 nights booked together.

So the 3rd night free is working but their system is price calculating the price. You could possibly get that fixed with HGP.
Old May 3, 2016, 9:17 pm

Again, did you remember to look at the standard rate?

Looking again - There seems to be a problem with the booking system.
The 28-29 is $499.
The 29-30 is $419.
The 30-31 is $319.
However the 28-30 is $589/night...that makes no sense that you are getting charged more for 2 nights booked together.

So the 3rd night free is working but their system is price calculating the price. You could possibly get that fixed with HGP.
29-30 is showing as $336 here. Plus i don't think you understood what i said. Perhaps i did a poor job explaining. I was merely stating that the 3rd free night is basically not free because the amount you pay for the 3rd free night is very close to the amount you'd pay without the free night.

Old May 4, 2016, 9:07 am

29-30 is showing as $336 here. Plus i don't think you understood what i said. Perhaps i did a poor job explaining. I was merely stating that the 3rd free night is basically not free because the amount you pay for the 3rd free night is very close to the amount you'd pay without the free night.

Nope I completely understand what you are saying. You however don't understand what I was originally saying.

You said the Oceanfront balcony king, correct? For some reason, there appears to be glitch with the system. If you book the nights separately (using the standard rate not members only or advanced payment), it's one price. However, if you book the 28-30, it's a totally different and much much higher amount. If you add the 28-31 onto that date, it's the exact same as the 28-30 and when you look at the rate details on the booking page, it clearly shows $0 for the price of the last night.

Subtotal:
$1,178.00 USD
589.00 USD Sat May 28
589.00 USD Sun May 29
0.00 USD Mon May 30

VS (w/o the free night)

Subtotal:
$1,767.00 USD
589.00 USD Sat May 28
589.00 USD Sun May 29
589.00 USD Mon May 30
Old May 4, 2016, 12:19 pm

Nope I completely understand what you are saying. You however don't understand what I was originally saying.

You said the Oceanfront balcony king, correct? For some reason, there appears to be glitch with the system. If you book the nights separately (using the standard rate not members only or advanced payment), it's one price. However, if you book the 28-30, it's a totally different and much much higher amount. If you add the 28-31 onto that date, it's the exact same as the 28-30 and when you look at the rate details on the booking page, it clearly shows $0 for the price of the last night.

Subtotal:
$1,178.00 USD
589.00 USD Sat May 28
589.00 USD Sun May 29
0.00 USD Mon May 30

VS (w/o the free night)

Subtotal:
$1,767.00 USD
589.00 USD Sat May 28
589.00 USD Sun May 29
589.00 USD Mon May 30
I absolutely get what you're saying now. Now i have to debate if i should keep my 60k HH points and just pay Hyatt. I think i'll just pay Hyatt. I really want to check out The Confidante.
Old May 4, 2016, 12:38 pm

I absolutely get what you're saying now. Now i have to debate if i should keep my 60k HH points and just pay Hyatt. I think i'll just pay Hyatt. I really want to check out The Confidante.
Unfortunately with the glitch, I don't think it's worth it. You might can call the hotel or customer service though to find out why the system is doing that. Makes no sense that it costs more to book 2 nights consecutively than apart. Are they banking on people just not knowing?
Old May 4, 2016, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold

When I initially tried it, the 3rd night was getting charged as well, i did have the promo code so not sure where it went wrong. I didnt actually intend to book just wanted to see prices but it didnt work for me so maybe they take it off at checkin?
Old May 4, 2016, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by miadukes
When I initially tried it, the 3rd night was getting charged as well, i did have the promo code so not sure where it went wrong. I didnt actually intend to book just wanted to see prices but it didnt work for me so maybe they take it off at checkin?
Nah, it's supposed to be taken off now. It eventually worked for me. I even switched my dates around and got a better price.
Old May 4, 2016, 9:23 pm

Also, is it true that the property doesnt offer DSU because it's a new Hyatt?
Old May 5, 2016, 6:27 am

Also, is it true that the property doesnt offer DSU because it's a new Hyatt?
Not true. Someone above used theirs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.