Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Confidante Miami / Andaz Miami Beach - Unbound - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Confidante Miami / Andaz Miami Beach - Unbound - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2022, 8:36 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Was able to snag 3 off peak nights next weekend with the 20% off promo to boot. Free parking makes it even better. Would’ve preferred the centric at the same price point but no basic rooms available. I’m on a 5 stay streak of good suite upgrades at other hotels but I fully expect that to end this trip. Can still hope for a decent enough upgrade. So far all categories of rooms and suites are available so we will see.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 3:42 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
In mid-November I need to kill a Sunday after a cruise (8:30 PM return flight). We're looking to do a "resportpass for a day" at a nice resort with pool/beach. The Confidant is on the short list of options.

I see that this hotel is on its way to becoming an Andaz, has that change affected it in any way? A previous reply from July indicated renovations start next year?

How about the pool/beach areas themselves? There are a couple of pictures up thread looking over the pool and beach, seems like it would work for our needs. How about bar/food? I assume it should be easy to get food and drinks from the hotel during our stay (don't want to have to leave). How about the bathroom or changing room? Reasonable enough to change for our flight home?

I appreciate any thoughts from those who have experienced this hotel.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 8:38 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by PATRLR
In mid-November I need to kill a Sunday after a cruise (8:30 PM return flight). We're looking to do a "resportpass for a day" at a nice resort with pool/beach. The Confidant is on the short list of options.

I see that this hotel is on its way to becoming an Andaz, has that change affected it in any way? A previous reply from July indicated renovations start next year?

How about the pool/beach areas themselves? There are a couple of pictures up thread looking over the pool and beach, seems like it would work for our needs. How about bar/food? I assume it should be easy to get food and drinks from the hotel during our stay (don't want to have to leave). How about the bathroom or changing room? Reasonable enough to change for our flight home?

I appreciate any thoughts from those who have experienced this hotel.
currently here, no renovations have started yet. Everything is fully operational. I do not see a changing room, but there are a couple of large handicap restrooms, that could be used for changing, or potentially rent one of the Cabanas.

I do see 3 people wandering around and they seem to be engaged in some sort of architectural discussions.

this is a lovely place and I sincerely hope when it opens as Andaz MB it will not be transformed to some sort of Party Hotel like Andaz WeHo.
PATRLR likes this.

Last edited by 59Impala; Oct 21, 2022 at 8:59 am
Old Oct 21, 2022, 9:02 am
formerly a193991

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by sfgiants13
Was able to snag 3 off peak nights next weekend with the 20% off promo to boot. Free parking makes it even better. Would’ve preferred the centric at the same price point but no basic rooms available. I’m on a 5 stay streak of good suite upgrades at other hotels but I fully expect that to end this trip. Can still hope for a decent enough upgrade. So far all categories of rooms and suites are available so we will see.
did you end up getting upgraded? I wanted to use a TSU, but the Miami Suites do not have Ocean View, hence booked the minimum room I wanted. Upon checkin, I was offered the Crown Suite, which is considered a premium suite, but also this had no ocean view, so I declined.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 9:22 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 59Impala
currently here, no renovations have started yet. Everything is fully operational. I do not see a changing room, but there are a couple of large handicap restrooms, that could be used for changing, or potentially rent one of the Cabanas.

I do see 3 people wandering around and they seem to be engaged in some sort of architectural discussions.

this is a lovely place and I sincerely hope when it opens as Andaz MB it will not be transformed to some sort of Party Hotel like Andaz WeHo.
Excellent feedback, thank you.
59Impala likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 12:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 59Impala
did you end up getting upgraded? I wanted to use a TSU, but the Miami Suites do not have Ocean View, hence booked the minimum room I wanted. Upon checkin, I was offered the Crown Suite, which is considered a premium suite, but also this had no ocean view, so I declined.
The room I ended up getting was an oceanfront with balcony. A nice room with the balcony wrapping around the corner so it was quite spacious. No complaints about that room. Honestly preferred that to a suite without the ocean view. I was by myself anyway so the suite was by no means necessary.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 12:38 pm
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by sfgiants13
The room I ended up getting was an oceanfront with balcony. A nice room with the balcony wrapping around the corner so it was quite spacious. No complaints about that room. Honestly preferred that to a suite without the ocean view. I was by myself anyway so the suite was by no means necessary.
yes fully agree, prefer those rooms over a suite. When I checked in, they were not available for the full length of our stay. Checked in the app and was true. that is thee room the FDA looked for first, too.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 10:03 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
I stayed here a last week and I loved it. I got upgraded to the king with balcony ocean view as a Globalist, the breakfast was good and the service was excellent everywhere. I hope they keep the crew when they change to Andaz.
59Impala likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 12:14 pm

Well... had upgrades that expire in a few months so went ahead and upgraded for this weekend to the Miami Suite. Sounds like the plan would be to arrive, see if a further upgrade to ocean view suite exists... and if not, try to opt for a ocean view balcony room..? That would sort of squander the upgrade, but think I might lose one anyway.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 3:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, MR Titanium, MR LTP, AA PlatPro, DL PM, UA Silver
Recently completed a three night stay. Booked the Vista Suite using cash and was upgraded at approximately 4pm on day of arrival to an Oceanfront Balcony Suite (room 1241) - upgrade was visible in the app. Room was well appointed and a much improvement over our previous stay in the Oceanfront Balcony Suite Deluxe. The bed was enormous and extremely comfortable.

Breakfast is served in the restaurant, the front desk mentioned that the cost of the buffet is covered for up to four (4) people despite there only being two of us in the room. Cost of breakfast buffet is $34 per person (plus tax) and 21% "service charge" is automatically included on the receipt. All breakfast charges were completely removed from the folio automatically. There was no offer to order from the menu and we were not offered menus, but we were fine with the buffet so did not inquire about ordering from the menu.

Housekeeping offered/provided daily service.

There was an issue with two of the three elevators on one side of the property and we noticed that several people were stuck in the elevator at one point in the evening. The fire department was on site to assist with getting the people out of the elevator.

The fitness center no longer has a Peloton bike; the space where it previously was located is now empty.

Beach attendant service for chairs/umbrellas and food/beverage was provided and there were numerous waiters/attendants checking on everyone.

The property no longer provides drink coupons/vouchers or a welcome letter for Globalists.

All in all, a good stay and look forward to returning after the renovation - although I hope the Peloton bike returns.

Last edited by LedgeT; Dec 24, 2022 at 4:10 pm
Old Dec 24, 2022, 4:02 pm

Also here earlier this week for a quick but pleasant two night stay and then to the Kimpton to use up 2 IHG FNC before end of year.
Originally, only upgraded from a standard king to a balcony ocean view king. Thankfully, around 4pm a Vista suite (more like a junior suite) became available. Regarding breakfast, as Globalists, we were allowed either the buffet or an entree. Last April, they only offered the buffet but nothing on the menu. Another change since our last visit was that the 2 free drink coupons previously received at check in has been discontinued.
I asked when the hotel would be closed for renovations and they informed me that they (somehow) planned to remain open during the entire renovation process which is to begin in June. That should be interesting.
LedgeT likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 4:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, MR Titanium, MR LTP, AA PlatPro, DL PM, UA Silver
Originally Posted by surikatina
Originally, only upgraded from a standard king to a balcony ocean view king. Thankfully, around 4pm a Vista suite (more like a junior suite) became available.
If your arrival happened to be on 20 Dec, it sounds like you may have received the Vista suite we booked prior to being upgraded to the Oceanfront Balcony Suite; our upgrade occurred around 4pm.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by LedgeT
If your arrival happened to be on 20 Dec, it sounds like you may have received the Vista suite we booked prior to being upgraded to the Oceanfront Balcony Suite; our upgrade occurred around 4pm.
Ironically, we actually checked out on the 20th. They wouldn't give us a later than 2pm check out because other guests were checking in..so perhaps you were supposed to get our Vista suite before getting your upgrade lol.
LedgeT likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by surikatina
Ironically, we actually checked out on the 20th. They wouldn't give us a later than 2pm check out because other guests were checking in..so perhaps you were supposed to get our Vista suite before getting your upgrade lol.
Very interesting, thanks for sharing! Our reservation was noted for late arrival around 11pm, so perhaps they couldn’t turn the room later in the afternoon to grant your late checkout.
surikatina likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 11:41 pm
formerly a193991

Interesting how the Globalist breakfast keeps changing. In October we were only allowed the buffet, which was perfectly fine though.

Especially compared to the, IIRC, 100$ per room some 4-5 years ago.

edit: just found my old post of 2018, and yes, 100$ per room it was then.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30054118-post134.html

Last edited by 59Impala; Dec 26, 2022 at 12:29 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.