Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Confidante Miami / Andaz Miami Beach - Unbound - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Confidante Miami / Andaz Miami Beach - Unbound - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2022, 8:10 pm

Nice! Is that last photo also from your room?
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 10:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by projectmaximus
I cant figure out where this room is, pic 1 appears to show its above the tower along 40th since that towers top floor is the 12th and it appears the OPs room is above that. It also appears that the room is in the 41St tower The 6th pic shows that theres a window on 1 side of the room besides the balcony and it points South and shows the top of The Cadillacs roof and the Condo building which I believe is bet 39th - 38th St, so it has to be at the end of the building (tower) The 7th pic shows the bathroom and the building with the yellow on it is 38-39 St on the other side of Collins.

since the last pic is Westward and I didnt think the rooms in that tower covered the whole floor (have yet to go to those floors) I dont get it unless the OP knew someone who had the suite a floor below which I believe has a balcony that faces both East and West on the South side as the suite on the North side has a wall so you cant get that shot
Old May 1, 2022, 4:44 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by craz
I cant figure out where this room is, pic 1 appears to show its above the tower along 40th since that towers top floor is the 12th and it appears the OPs room is above that. It also appears that the room is in the 41St tower The 6th pic shows that theres a window on 1 side of the room besides the balcony and it points South and shows the top of The Cadillacs roof and the Condo building which I believe is bet 39th - 38th St, so it has to be at the end of the building (tower) The 7th pic shows the bathroom and the building with the yellow on it is 38-39 St on the other side of Collins.

since the last pic is Westward and I didnt think the rooms in that tower covered the whole floor (have yet to go to those floors) I dont get it unless the OP knew someone who had the suite a floor below which I believe has a balcony that faces both East and West on the South side as the suite on the North side has a wall so you cant get that shot
Yep, I was able to crank my arm around from the balcony to get the shot of the city. This is the SE corner of the 15th floor. I do see the much larger balconies on the floor below.

Also, very surprised at the quality of the bed here. It's so wonderful that I'm surprised it hasn't come up in recent reviews. Great mattress with plush and thick covers!
projectmaximus likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 6:09 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
My free Globalist upgrade this weekend - no TSUs! Very nice Oceanfront Balcony Suite!

Following up with a simple trip report - very nice stay!

Service was impeccable - every agent was incredibly friendly.

I know I got lucky with my upgrade - I first took a Miami Suite that was ready at 10 AM, but this 4th floor room was rather dark and had an odd layout with no TV in the sitting room. The staff was very nice about saving me their offer of waiting for the Oceanfront Balcony Suite, which ended up being ready around 12:30.

As I mentioned before, the bed was amazing and plush with thick covers. The shower had good pressure but definitely made a mess on the floor with the half glass. I could hear outdoor noise, but it didn't disturb me. No Chromecast on the TVs - not that it matters to me with the ongoing YouTube outage.

Globalist voucher for two free drinks was great - the Confidante Coco with banana puree and Bailey's was a treat. They even got me as I paid for one the next day - a whopping $30! Oh, well, it's a resort!

Breakfast is still buffet-only. Not the best food, but not terrible. Omelets made to order with the server. Bacon was pretty tasty.

Still, though, what a great value and use of Cat 4 certificates! It's a shame that the category increased, but I still think this could be a great value for Miami Beach compared to some of the other resorts I've been to, such as the STR and the W, which are still much more expensive.
Old May 2, 2022, 9:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist

I know I got lucky with my upgrade - I first took a Miami Suite that was ready at 10 AM, but this 4th floor room was rather dark and had an odd layout with no TV in the sitting room. The staff was very nice about saving me their offer of waiting for the Oceanfront Balcony Suite, which ended up being ready around 12:30.

As I mentioned before, the bed was amazing and plush with thick covers. The shower had good pressure but definitely made a mess on the floor with the half glass. I could hear outdoor noise, but it didn't disturb me. No Chromecast on the TVs - not that it matters to me with the ongoing YouTube outage.

Globalist voucher for two free drinks was great - the Confidante Coco with banana puree and Bailey's was a treat. They even got me as I paid for one the next day - a whopping $30! Oh, well, it's a resort!

Breakfast is still buffet-only. Not the best food, but not terrible. Omelets made to order with the server. Bacon was pretty tasty.

Still, though, what a great value and use of Cat 4 certificates! It's a shame that the category increased, but I still think this could be a great value for Miami Beach compared to some of the other resorts I've been to, such as the STR and the W, which are still much more expensive.
When we stayed last August, the server told me they couldn't make an omelet. They could make scrambled, fried eggs etc...but no omelets. I didn't bother to ask the reason.
Old May 2, 2022, 12:26 pm
Suspended

they now have free coffee 7am - 10am on the bar, good for non-Globalists just beware alot of times it may be luke warm
Old May 2, 2022, 12:31 pm
Suspended

Was hoping to catch you on your balcony, I was l across and on the 11th floor, yesterday. No luck whenever I looked up at 1504, but the balcony door was left open a bit so I was hoping to catch you.Was suppose to move to an Ocean front today but changed my mind, didnt want the sun heating up the room and the view Northwards is nice enough so Ocean View balcony it will remain small but its my usual and is good enough. Best is no problems with the shower as you had and happens in the suites. The wrap around balcong offered were on the 4 or 6th floor way way too noisy for me prefer the 10th and above.
Old May 2, 2022, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by craz
Was hoping to catch you on your balcony, I was l across and on the 11th floor, yesterday. No luck whenever I looked up at 1504, but the balcony door was left open a bit so I was hoping to catch you.Was suppose to move to an Ocean front today but changed my mind, didnt want the sun heating up the room and the view Northwards is nice enough so Ocean View balcony it will remain small but its my usual and is good enough. Best is no problems with the shower as you had and happens in the suites. The wrap around balcong offered were on the 4 or 6th floor way way too noisy for me prefer the 10th and above.
Too funny - I had a feeling some FTer might overlap! It's just such a good deal!
Old May 2, 2022, 5:41 pm

Too funny - I had a feeling some FTer might overlap! It's just such a good deal!
But did you have a feeling someone was staring at you through your open balcony door?
Old May 2, 2022, 10:36 pm
Suspended

But did you have a feeling someone was staring at you through your open balcony door?
It wasnt opened all that much and even if it was fully opened by day you cant see anything when looking up as was my case. But now EE can play Goldiloks and say Someone is sleeping in my bed.

Now had I been there then the balcony door would have been open all the way till I checkout, in order to let in the hot humid air. It does wonders for me as a 5 week patient in a hospital with Covid back in 2020
Old May 4, 2022, 6:30 pm

SUNSTONE HOTEL INVESTORS TO ACQUIRE THE CONFIDANTE MIAMI BEACH AND REPOSITION AS ANDAZ MIAMI BEACH

...???
Old May 4, 2022, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Interesting. It feels like this will need quite a lot of work to bring it up to an Andaz standard.
Old May 4, 2022, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by coleslaw
Interesting. It feels like this will need quite a lot of work to bring it up to an Andaz standard.
Yeah, I feel like they'll have to gut the thing. From the article: "the Company expects to pursue a full transformation of the property"
Old May 4, 2022, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Yeah, I feel like they'll have to gut the thing. From the article: "the Company expects to pursue a full transformation of the property"
Interesting - I definitely feel like the beds were Andaz-quality. I wonder if this deal was communicated or known by the property beforehand. Some of the rooms had been somewhat renovated - the Miami Suite I got the first time was described as newly renovated. It had tile floors instead of carpet.
Old May 4, 2022, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Interesting - I definitely feel like the beds were Andaz-quality. I wonder if this deal was communicated or known by the property beforehand. Some of the rooms had been somewhat renovated - the Miami Suite I got the first time was described as newly renovated. It had tile floors instead of carpet.
Most of the rooms are looking a bit rough around the edges. Event the easy to fix stuff - like reupholstering stained furniture, replacing patio furniture, painting walls, etc - hasn't been done for a long time. The ground floor / lobby areas are in much better condition. It'll be interesting to see when the renovations start - as travel starts to (significantly) pick up it wouldn't make sense to (even partially) shut down the property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.