Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Confidante Miami / Andaz Miami Beach - Unbound - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

The Confidante Miami / Andaz Miami Beach - Unbound - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Dec 26, 21, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by platbrownguy View Post
Sure, in terms of actual cpm... different strokes on what metric one uses, for me I would count what I would have paid in cash for the product I would have booked absent the redemption.

As for js1993, you're right that I wouldn't pay $800/night plus taxes plus parking plus resort fee at the Confidante. Heck, I doubt I'd ever pay cash rates at the Confidante (or at many points hotels) when on my own money. But I do need a suite with a separate bedroom that weekend, so I'd be paying for a suite somewhere. So if I cared to generate a cpm figure I guess I'd have to see what that counterfactual next-best-option suite would be in a world without points at all. (Because presumably if I didn't have a Hyatt option, I'd book a base room at a Bonvoy property and try to clear SNAs, before finally going to Amex FHR to see what cash options pop up that way.)

But I'm not in all this to do hypothetical math! No matter how you slice it, 60k points for 4 nights in a proper suite on a mid-beach hotel that has a serviced beach is a great deal.
The confidante on low season is very cheap. $100 a night. Usually I go when that happens to get me closer to Globalist and enjoy a 1 or 2 day staycation
Old Dec 26, 21, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by lotrbfme View Post
The confidante on low season is very cheap. $100 a night. Usually I go when that happens to get me closer to Globalist and enjoy a 1 or 2 day staycation
When is the low season? Is it in the summer?
Old Dec 26, 21, 7:20 pm

Location: Live: PWM/KBXM/BGR; Work: DCA/DFW/Everywhere; Play: LAS/AUA/MIA/MLE
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, mlife Noir, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by gbdbld View Post
When is the low season? Is it in the summer?
Hurricane season. Particularly midweek.
lotrbfme likes this.
Old Dec 26, 21, 7:24 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
How small are the small rooms? I stayed last month and didn’t think it was too bad.

Old Dec 26, 21, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by allseas1586 View Post
How small are the small rooms? I stayed last month and didn’t think it was too bad.

Yeah I stayed at the base room and thought it was a decent size.
Old Jan 3, 22, 10:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Checked in late New Year's Day and was upgraded on a points/FNC booking to the Miami Suite, which has excellent views of the city skyline, and a partial view of ocean; no balcony though which would have been nice. Interestingly, the website did not show availability of that suite, but did show an oceanfront corner suite available. Hotel seems to be pretty fully booked. The breakfast buffet has a pretty good selection, but definitely not worth the $36 + tax/service charge.

Last edited by pregabalin; Jan 3, 22 at 12:53 pm
Old Jan 3, 22, 11:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by allseas1586 View Post

Ive been in a King Balcony where there wasnt any room for the lamp,chair and small table that is next to the bed by the windows. Id venture to say it was a 300 Sq room while this must be a min 350 sq. I never understood folks complaining about a room size especially at a Resort where Id think most of their time will be spent out of the room. Now if a person will be working hrs on end from their room isnt still larger then their office size?
Old Jan 3, 22, 2:29 pm

We checked out yesterday after a week. On the whole we were happy with it. Everywhere down there there were staffing issues as people called in sick so a lot of things were realy understaffed but the hotel managed pretty well. They told me there were 100 Globalists there. The basic King ADA room they had us in was cozy let's say, but had enough room barely for a rollaway. I was happy with the buffet as a globalist but wouldn't have paid for it. Good eggs and bacon and pastries, fruit etc.-Got very busy mid morning.

The beach people seemed too busy as well. Slow food service. But they were also too busy to fully charge for extra chairs and umbrella which we only paid for a few days.

All in all very happy and it was a great week for a beach place-perfect weatehr every day. One caveat is that there are only a handful of restaurants in close walking distance.
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Jan 3, 22, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Originally Posted by trey View Post
The beach people seemed too busy as well…..But they were also too busy to fully charge for extra chairs and umbrella which we only paid for a few days.
I was told there was a misprint on hotel info in Hyatt.com and only starting 2022 the resort fee will cover a free umbrella ($22 value). I have no issue if they continue to charge for the umbrella and for the 3rd chair per room, they just need to have a better signage.
Old Jan 3, 22, 7:18 pm

Was able to snag a 3 night reservation on points in February for a surprise birthday trip for my fiancée. Was hoping to get 2pm late checkout as an Explorist, but that doesn’t look like that’s gonna happen reading this thread.

Were flying from Connecticut, getting in late Thursday night and we’re due to fly out at 9pm Sunday night so that we could make the most of the day on the beach. Thinking I should probably change our flight home to a more reasonable time if we have to be gone by 11am with no way to shower after checkout.
Old Jan 4, 22, 7:25 am

Programs: UA 1K (ex-GS), Marriott Titanium (lifetime Plat), Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dwhelan5 View Post
Was able to snag a 3 night reservation on points in February for a surprise birthday trip for my fiancée. Was hoping to get 2pm late checkout as an Explorist, but that doesn’t look like that’s gonna happen reading this thread.
Very unlikely, but possible if it’s not over a holiday. However, they’ll happily hold your bags and you can keep using the pool / beach. They have hospitality rooms you can use briefly to shower / change clothes if needed.
dwhelan5 likes this.
Old Jan 9, 22, 3:14 pm

Any recommendations for restaurants within walking distance? Looking for 1 nice restaurant and a couple cheaper/casual restaurants
Old Jan 9, 22, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, mlife Noir, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by dwhelan5 View Post
Any recommendations for restaurants within walking distance? Looking for 1 nice restaurant and a couple cheaper/casual restaurants
The Fontainebleau restaurants are nice: Scarpetta, Stripsteak, etc

Nobu if that's your thing

Latin Cafe for casual cuban grub
Ceviches by Divino looks good but I haven't tried it yet, planning to go in a few days
dwhelan5 likes this.
Old Jan 9, 22, 10:55 pm

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Pizza across the street was actually pretty good for a quick bite. If you do United Dining with your credit card, you get miles.
Old Jan 13, 22, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy View Post
The Fontainebleau restaurants are nice: Scarpetta, Stripsteak, etc

Nobu if that's your thing

Latin Cafe for casual cuban grub
Ceviches by Divino looks good but I haven't tried it yet, planning to go in a few days
Ceviches by Divino is awesome

The seafood rice (almost paella) was great... the combination (which included the seafood rice, some ceviche, and some fried shrimp and fish) was phenomenal.

Great casual meal. 10 min walk straight south from hotel.

Search this Thread