Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Confidante Miami / Andaz Miami Beach - Unbound - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

The Confidante Miami / Andaz Miami Beach - Unbound - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jul 13, 2021, 10:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DutchRyan
Hotel just sent me a link to their breakfast buffet menu.

Email indicated that the buffet was complimentary. Has anyone had any luck using the credit towards ŕ la carte options?

My last bstay was a month ago and Ive been there apx 5x and I never saw or was given that menu. The menu I was given had the same front to it. I know they have been short staff, so this maybe a way to get around that. Also most times even if the restaurant was close to empty it took forever to get your order.

Now when I was told Golbalists are to go to the 2nd floor, it was pretty much what you posted and I got my food very fast

I think it is pretty much what was on the reg menu, question is , ids this now the reg menu?
Old Jul 14, 2021, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by DutchRyan
Hotel just sent me a link to their breakfast buffet menu.

Email indicated that the buffet was complimentary. Has anyone had any luck using the credit towards ŕ la carte options?
I was there last month as well. For comparison purposes, my pre-arrival email included the same information and the following verbiage "As a valued Globalist World of Hyatt Member, breakfast is on us! We have a delicious buffet available in our restaurant Ambersweet, open from 7AM to 11AM daily." My party mixed and matched the breakfast buffet with ŕ la carte options, Globalist breakfast applied to both.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 7:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MidnightEnnui
" My party mixed and matched the breakfast buffet with ŕ la carte options, Globalist breakfast applied to both.
thx for the good and bad news. Good that they still have the old reg menu. Bad that means service will still be slower then a turtle crossing a street. I'll probably go with the buffet since what I get is a small portion and I can probably get alot more via the buffet, thats even if you simply point to what you want and they put in the box
Old Jul 15, 2021, 4:59 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Had a recent stay on property (early June 2021), and made a short video of the property. Overall, nice stay, but toilet seat was broken in our suite when we arrived. Quickly fixed.

They were doing the Globalist buffet during our stay, and we did receive two free cocktails for the bar which was a nice benefit!

Old Jul 24, 2021, 4:52 pm

Recent experience as a Globalist

Just sharing my (very) recent experience here as a Globalist using points. Was basically using this as a layover hotel.

+ I booked fairly last-minute and idk if this is standard but the hotel was playing some games with award availability. 1 night showed as unavailable on points but I could book for 2 nights, so I did that then had Hyatt concierge lop off the unneeded night.

+ Was primed via email not to expect any upgrades and sure enough the app had me booked into the base room on day of check in. However when I arrived (around 11pm) they had a high-floor ocean view king with balcony available and booked me into it. No suites.

+ Breakfast experience was a bit chaotic but was ultimately reimbursed for both buffet and an a la carte item. I did have to DM the hotel to ask the charge to be removed even though the front desk said I had zero balance when I checked out at 1:00. The hotel was pretty full but they weren’t doing the Globalist pop-up lounge thing. Food was pretty solid especially for the price of $free.

+ Speaking of checkout, 1 was as late as I could get and housekeeping knocked at both 12:55 and 1 on the dot as I was just grabbing my bags. They aren’t playing.

+ No welcome gift (just a card), no drink vouchers, as others have indicated. But nbd. All I wanted was the ocean view, and ultimately they came through with that.

\edits for typos

Last edited by jaslmdm; Jul 24, 2021 at 5:06 pm
Old Jul 28, 2021, 7:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I just finished a few days at the Confidante. Generally a good stay - efficient check in, I applied a TSU prior to my stay since I’m running out of options to use my 2022 expiring certs. Allocated a true 1 bed suite with 1.5 baths, balcony and ocean view.

Breakfast was pretty quiet midweek and *very* busy on the weekend. The buffet was the only option for Globalists. I would probably have preferred the a la carte options during the week but was grateful for the ease / efficiency of the buffet on the weekend when it would clearly have taken quite a while to get your food during the busy 9-11 hours.

The breakfast buffet food wasn’t bad - the hot options were limited to bacon, scrambled eggs, potatoes and waffles. There was a good bagel and lox station, some fruit, charcuterie and pastries. During the week service was attentive, on the weekend less so. Not much of an issue when it’s a buffet.

I found it to be quite a good use of points right now with the 25% rebate. The cash rates can be exorbitant (e.g. $409 for a base room on a Saturday night, $850 for the standard suite I was booked into).

I would probably also use my Cat1-4 certs here, although not being able to apply a TSU would be the main downside to that - I wouldn’t want a standard room facing away from the ocean.

Overall a good stay. I’m back again in a few days and hoping for more of the same.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA PLAT, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM
Do this property still give Globalists free parking?
Old Sep 27, 2021, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by jimcoddington
Do this property still give Globalists free parking?
on award stays only, yes
Old Sep 28, 2021, 7:28 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
I have an upcoming reservation on points+TSU and the front desk manager called and told me my TSU reserved oceanfront balcony suite was no longer available due to some sort of partial building closure for work (no details). So, they are going to upgrade me the Confidante Suite instead. Seems nice from the pictures, as in I can get plenty of air flow and have outdoor seating. I used to live in an ocean front condo and miss the sea breeze, so this is a big bonus to me. The last time I stayed (last December) I got a regular ocean-view room facing the south and the air units ontop the building across were so loud that I couldn't enjoy having the windows open. Anyways, looking forward to my stay, hopefully the weather cooperates.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MarkOK
I have an upcoming reservation on points+TSU and the front desk manager called and told me my TSU reserved oceanfront balcony suite was no longer available due to some sort of partial building closure for work (no details). So, they are going to upgrade me the Confidante Suite instead. Seems nice from the pictures, as in I can get plenty of air flow and have outdoor seating. I used to live in an ocean front condo and miss the sea breeze, so this is a big bonus to me. The last time I stayed (last December) I got a regular ocean-view room facing the south and the air units ontop the building across were so loud that I couldn't enjoy having the windows open. Anyways, looking forward to my stay, hopefully the weather cooperates.
That Confidante Suite should be nice. Congrats on scoring it. We were there a couple weeks ago and the mornings were nice and sunny, but everyday around 2pm, the thunderstorms would roll in. They had to pack up the chairs and umbrellas on the beach every time.
MarkOK likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
on award stays only, yes
I stayed here in March and got Globalist free parking on a paid stay
Old Oct 2, 2021, 8:42 am
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
Originally Posted by jananth1
I stayed here in March and got Globalist free parking on a paid stay
There was a Hyatt winter promotion that included free parking for elites on all stays. Paid and award.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by mmgm
There was a Hyatt winter promotion that included free parking for elites on all stays. Paid and award.
My stay dates were in late March, which was well after the promo ended iirc. Maybe they still were extending it as a courtesy at the property
Old Oct 11, 2021, 8:27 pm

Pretty sure the answer to this is no, but can Globalists get in-room dining for breakfast? I ask because I'm just looking to book one night and would be leaving before breakfast begins at 7am in the restaurant.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 7:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by NickatFM
Pretty sure the answer to this is no, but can Globalists get in-room dining for breakfast? I ask because I'm just looking to book one night and would be leaving before breakfast begins at 7am in the restaurant.
Seeing as the complimentary breakfast for Globalists is the buffet (not sure if we could order a la carte without charge), they may not allow a complimentary room service breakfast.
Best option would be to call the hotel and ask. If told yes, remember the name of the FD agent who told you yes...it may come in handy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.