Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Confidante Miami / Andaz Miami Beach - Unbound - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

The Confidante Miami / Andaz Miami Beach - Unbound - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Mar 27, 21, 9:51 pm
  #361  
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: WAS/TYO
Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG SPIRE AMB, et al.
Posts: 5,594
Originally Posted by craz View Post
Could be they read the posts on this thread and realized that Globalists will order anything and everything including the kitchen sink simply cause they wont end up paying for it.
Where on this thread are the posts of Gloablists abusing their breakfast privileges? I think it's just more an acknowledgement of the high breakfast prices here. For example, just ordering a single breakfast entree, a bowl of fruit, juice, and coffee drink will exceed $60 when taxes/fees are added to the bill. Not saying it doesn't happen, but I've stayed here a lot recently on both paid and award stays (thanks, in part, to the excellent Gloablist breakfast option at Ambersweet and I haven't personally noticed any Gloablist breakfast abuse. Personally, I'll great miss the full breakfasts at Ambersweet.

-FlyerBeek
FlyerBeek is offline  
Old Mar 28, 21, 5:41 am
  #362  
skj
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: IAH
Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Posts: 1,689
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek View Post
Where on this thread are the posts of Gloablists abusing their breakfast privileges? I think it's just more an acknowledgement of the high breakfast prices here. For example, just ordering a single breakfast entree, a bowl of fruit, juice, and coffee drink will exceed $60 when taxes/fees are added to the bill. Not saying it doesn't happen, but I've stayed here a lot recently on both paid and award stays (thanks, in part, to the excellent Gloablist breakfast option at Ambersweet and I haven't personally noticed any Gloablist breakfast abuse. Personally, I'll great miss the full breakfasts at Ambersweet.

-FlyerBeek
You realize "a single breakfast entree, a bowl of fruit, juice, and coffee drink" exceeds what the Glob breakfast benefit provides, right ?
skj is online now  
Old Mar 28, 21, 6:58 am
  #363  
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: WAS/TYO
Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG SPIRE AMB, et al.
Posts: 5,594
Originally Posted by skj View Post
You realize "a single breakfast entree, a bowl of fruit, juice, and coffee drink" exceeds what the Glob breakfast benefit provides, right ?
Actually, I didn't until I read your post and looked up the benefit terms. But, you're right - ordering the small fruit plate technically exceeded the benefits. I was just trying to assert that I don't think Gloablists were ordering "anything and everything including the kitchen sink simply cause they wont end up paying for it" as an earlier poster asserted. If the daily small fruit plate I ordered in addition to my entree resulted in the demise of Globalist breakfasts here, I apologize.

-FlyerBeek
FlyerBeek is offline  
Old Mar 28, 21, 10:59 am
  #364  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Chicago, IL
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Airline Nobody
Posts: 62
Originally Posted by skj View Post
You realize "a single breakfast entree, a bowl of fruit, juice, and coffee drink" exceeds what the Glob breakfast benefit provides, right ?
It's actually exactly what the reservations manager says constitutes the globalist breakfast. This is what I received in my pre-arrival e-mail from the reservations manager a week ago.
mag_nate is offline  
Old Mar 28, 21, 2:38 pm
  #365  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Programs: $9 Fare Club
Posts: 973
Laughable that folks would actually consider ordering the breakfast you're entitled to as a Globalist as an abuse. Genuinely laughable.
ChurnieEls is offline  
Old Mar 29, 21, 8:02 am
  #366  
skj
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: IAH
Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Posts: 1,689
Originally Posted by mag_nate View Post
It's actually exactly what the reservations manager says constitutes the globalist breakfast. This is what I received in my pre-arrival e-mail from the reservations manager a week ago.
It's nice to see a property that explicitly goes beyond the prescribed benefits. It's a rarity - at least domestically - in this day of 500 points in lieu of breakfast.
59Impala likes this.
skj is online now  
Old Mar 29, 21, 1:29 pm
  #367  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Programs: Alaska MVP 75k, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, United Silver
Posts: 3
Currently at the hotel, the lounge is in place on the 2nd floor. They have a served buffet setup, but let you order from 4 or 5 entrees off the restaurant menu, lounge staff takes your order and they bring it up to you. Was actually nicer as the lounge was empty when we arrived, restaurant was crowded outside and we had very personalized service. Looked like a few couples came in right before closing and no signs of turning anyone away. Great staff in the lounge, very attentive and they kept offering mimosas, water bottles to go etc.
mwh153 is offline  
Old Mar 29, 21, 2:59 pm
  #368  
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: WAS/TYO
Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG SPIRE AMB, et al.
Posts: 5,594
Originally Posted by mwh153 View Post
Currently at the hotel, the lounge is in place on the 2nd floor. They have a served buffet setup, but let you order from 4 or 5 entrees off the restaurant menu, lounge staff takes your order and they bring it up to you. Was actually nicer as the lounge was empty when we arrived, restaurant was crowded outside and we had very personalized service. Looked like a few couples came in right before closing and no signs of turning anyone away. Great staff in the lounge, very attentive and they kept offering mimosas, water bottles to go etc.
Wow. That actually sounds like an upgrade - especially if you are able to order same of the same Ambersweet breakfast entrees. Thanks for the report.

-FlyerBeek
FlyerBeek is offline  
Old Mar 29, 21, 4:22 pm
  #369  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Live: PWM/KBXM/BGR; Work: DCA/DFW/Everywhere; Play: LAS/AUA/MIA/MLE
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, mlife Noir, LEYE Gold
Posts: 5,834
Originally Posted by mwh153 View Post
Currently at the hotel, the lounge is in place on the 2nd floor. They have a served buffet setup, but let you order from 4 or 5 entrees off the restaurant menu, lounge staff takes your order and they bring it up to you. Was actually nicer as the lounge was empty when we arrived, restaurant was crowded outside and we had very personalized service. Looked like a few couples came in right before closing and no signs of turning anyone away. Great staff in the lounge, very attentive and they kept offering mimosas, water bottles to go etc.
Wow that's awesome. Great to hear.
platbrownguy is offline  
Old Mar 30, 21, 11:48 am
  #370  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Philadelphia,PA
Posts: 16
Had a four night stay starting on March 19th weekend (Start of infamous South Beach Lockdowns) using 1-4cat certificates (2 mine+2 Spouse). Explorist here and was notified on the app that my room was assigned and ready around 1:30ish. Checked in at 3:00. Given a Oceanview room. We were given two bottles of water at checkin and the room itself had two bottles. We declined room servicing for the whole stay. First time at this hotel, we normally stay at the Hyatt Centric South Beach.
Observations:
*We liked the room decor and the size of the room while not huge was nice that you didn't feel claustrophobic. TV is huge, great quality, tons of channels.
*Pool staff is really nice. Hung out by the pool 3 consecutive days. Comp water available.
*Had lunch at poolside 2 afternoons. Not cheap but not wildly expensive either.
*Although you're not supposed to bring outside food or drink into the pool area there was no enforcement of this rule. In fact there was a small group of college guys that on their 2nd day at the pool ordered booze and food via Instacart from Publix, picked it up in the lobby, and brought their lunch food to the pool without incident.
*Atmosphere was nice and chill, a mix of families with kids, older adults, and yes Spring Breakers. No one misbehaved the whole time we were there.
*There's currently a bus stop right across the street (for South bound) in front of the Hampton Inn to catch the Miami Beach shuttles and/or city buses. They are all free.
*A handful of places to eat within a couple of blocks. There's a deli/bodega type store 2 blocks south on the other side that has food and other sundry items to buy and sandwiches made to order.
*The hotel seems to have a major accounting problem when using the 1-4 cat certificates. Both of our 2+2 nt certificate stays had a room charge on the bill. They were able to quickly correct the 2nd half stay charges but the first 2 nt stay room charge was not rectified when I got home. A call to the billing department revealed they started but didn't complete the room charge reversal. It was taken care of right away after the phone call and a new E-Bill was also issued. It's still annoying that the room charges show up on the bill.

I enjoyed the stay here very much and it's a great value to use the certificates, although once the Peak pricing changes goes into effect there goes this hotel on certificate saty during high season.

Last edited by Phillyasian; Mar 30, 21 at 8:01 pm
Phillyasian is offline  
Old Mar 30, 21, 5:00 pm
  #371  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: SFO / HKG
Posts: 75
Originally Posted by Phillyasian View Post
I enjoyed the stay here very much and it's a great value to use the certificates, although once the Peak pricing changes goes into effect there goes this hotel on certificate saty during high season.
I can't find it on Hyatt's site, but IIRC the Cat 1-4 free night certificates will be valid whether it's a peak, standard or off-peak date. I'd guess that the Confidante will follow the Hyatt Centric South Beach up to Cat 5 soon though.
ryandc99 likes this.
jxwo is offline  
Old Mar 30, 21, 7:02 pm
  #372  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington DC
Programs: AA PRO 1MM, BA Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Posts: 1,460
Originally Posted by jxwo View Post
I'd guess that the Confidante will follow the Hyatt Centric South Beach up to Cat 5 soon though.
I’ve been thinking that for years, but they keep hanging on at Category 4. Whenever the annual category changes come out, the Confidante is the first property I look for.
River in Sight is offline  
Old Mar 30, 21, 7:59 pm
  #373  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Philadelphia,PA
Posts: 16
Originally Posted by jxwo View Post
I can't find it on Hyatt's site, but IIRC the Cat 1-4 free night certificates will be valid whether it's a peak, standard or off-peak date. I'd guess that the Confidante will follow the Hyatt Centric South Beach up to Cat 5 soon though.
Really? Has that been confirmed? All the information I've seen said that that particular point hasn't been confirmed yet. But if it has, that's great, which would be different that how Bonvoy treats it's certificates.
Phillyasian is offline  
Old Mar 30, 21, 8:07 pm
  #374  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Philadelphia,PA
Posts: 16
Originally Posted by Phillyasian View Post
Really? Has that been confirmed? All the information I've seen said that that particular point hasn't been confirmed yet. But if it has, that's great, which would be different that how Bonvoy treats it's certificates.
Answering my own question. Looks like yes, the Free night category certificates will apply when peak pricing is instituted. This, along with waiving resort fees when using certificates, makes it so much better than the Bonvoy Program!
https://onemileatatime.com/hyatt-pea...t_certificates
River in Sight likes this.
Phillyasian is offline  
Old Mar 30, 21, 8:25 pm
  #375  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 16
Originally Posted by Phillyasian View Post
*Although you're not supposed to bring outside food or drink into the pool area there was no enforcement of this rule. In fact there was a small group of college guys that on their 2nd day at the pool ordered booze and food via Instacart from Publix, picked it up in the lobby, and brought their lunch food to the pool without incident.
YMMV on this. I was taking a call in the room, so my friends got lunch from a nearby place and brought it back to a secluded area in the lobby to eat. They were told there was nowhere in the hotel where they were allowed to eat it, inside or outside, besides our room. Also, for the globalist welcome gift choices they offered, both the masks and the popsicles were sold out every day we were there.

Besides that, our stay was great. I made a booking through AMEX travel and was credited with the EQN, and I also received the full suite of globalist benefits. As for the new globalist lounge, it sounds like a positive change. The restaurant breakfast was good but service was slow, and the menu was pretty limited.
jananth1 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread