Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Confidante Miami / Andaz Miami Beach - Unbound - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

The Confidante Miami / Andaz Miami Beach - Unbound - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Mar 3, 21, 5:13 pm

Location: Live: PWM/KBXM/BGR; Work: DCA/DFW/Everywhere; Play: LAS/AUA/MIA/MLE
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, mlife Noir, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by 59Impala View Post
correct, but OP specifically mentioned 23 suite upgrades,.... so club upgrades not included.
correct, but OP may be mistaken!
Old Mar 8, 21, 10:04 pm

Any recent updates on the current Globalist breakfast and club lounge situation? Indoor? Outdoor? Takeaway breakfast?
Upthread someone mentioned a buffet in the club lounge which just doesn’t seem ok in Covid times...?
Old Mar 9, 21, 6:34 am

Programs: AA PlatPro, UA Silver, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Surgee View Post
Upthread someone mentioned a buffet in the club lounge which just doesn’t seem ok in Covid times...?
Many resort properties are offering attended buffets (where the guests don't handle the food, but the food is laid out buffet style - usually behind perspex/glass - and the staff serve it). From a hygiene perspective it's not all that different to ordering a la carte.

Last edited by coleslaw; Mar 9, 21 at 7:34 am
Old Mar 9, 21, 10:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Surgee View Post
Any recent updates on the current Globalist breakfast and club lounge situation? Indoor? Outdoor? Takeaway breakfast?

The so called club lounge was a temp thing for I think 2 weeks, AFAIK there is no club lounge at this hotel
Old Mar 9, 21, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by craz View Post
The so called club lounge was a temp thing for I think 2 weeks, AFAIK there is no club lounge at this hotel
As a Globalist, breakfast is in the restaurant, which has a large covered open-air patio. This should be sufficient for everyone except the most Covid skittish. The breakfast was pretty good: you get coffee/juice, plus a side dish (like a yogurt parfait) and a main course (I went crazy and tried the "pastrami benedict"). Tab was $101.00 -- glad I wasn't paying for it. Although they did actually charge me, and I had to call the hotel to get it removed (which their accounting dept did with no issues).

They upgraded me to a nice oceanfront room: the room was normal size, but the balcony was massive. More than acceptable. For non-Globalists, though, I'm not sure of this property right now. The street is being torn up and the nice beachside promenade is closed for repaving. I think most people looking for "the scene" would prefer a hotel on South Beach than this mid-beach location. And if you want a tropical resort and have Hilton points, head to Bakers Cay in Key Largo instead.
Single_Flyer likes this.
Old Mar 9, 21, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BTW, I didn't get the right number of bonus points from my February award stay. As a WOH credit card holder, each night I redeemed 12,000 points should have returned 3000 points to my account. Instead, they seemed to have treated my stay as a paid stay, just gave me a few points for my breakfast (which they later refunded to me as a Globalist). I called WoH, but they told me I had to wait 6 to 8 weeks to straighten this out. No big deal, but has anyone been successful in getting the proper credit fixed?
Old Mar 9, 21, 4:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by iahphx View Post
BTW, I didn't get the right number of bonus points from my February award stay. As a WOH credit card holder, each night I redeemed 12,000 points should have returned 3000 points to my account. Instead, they seemed to have treated my stay as a paid stay, just gave me a few points for my breakfast (which they later refunded to me as a Globalist). I called WoH, but they told me I had to wait 6 to 8 weeks to straighten this out. No big deal, but has anyone been successful in getting the proper credit fixed?

12K? since when ? its 15K which means a refund of 3750 pts per night
Old Mar 9, 21, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

12K? since when ? its 15K which means a refund of 3750 pts per night
You're right. Now I want my rebated points even more.

Any value in calling back to speak to a different WoH agent, or do I have to wait 2 months to get the proper credit? BTW, I've done about a dozen of these discounted award redemptions since they started it last year, and this is the first one to get messed up. I wonder if the "Unbound" hotels aren't as good with the processing.
Old Mar 10, 21, 6:59 am

Programs: $9 Fare Club
They took a few weeks to post for me. I initially thought I must not have signed up for the H2 2020 cycle of the promo.
Old Mar 10, 21, 7:10 am

Programs: MR Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
You're right. Now I want my rebated points even more.

Any value in calling back to speak to a different WoH agent, or do I have to wait 2 months to get the proper credit? BTW, I've done about a dozen of these discounted award redemptions since they started it last year, and this is the first one to get messed up. I wonder if the "Unbound" hotels aren't as good with the processing.
You are not the only one, I'm still waiting for a points rebate from stays over Christmas. It has to do with the property actually redeeming the points.
Old Mar 10, 21, 11:09 am

Was given this coupon inside Global welcome envelope at check-in.
Old Mar 10, 21, 3:23 pm

For non-Globalists, though, I'm not sure of this property right now. The street is being torn up and the nice beachside promenade is closed for repaving. I think most people looking for "the scene" would prefer a hotel on South Beach than this mid-beach location. And if you want a tropical resort and have Hilton points, head to Bakers Cay in Key Largo instead.

As long as I can get to the hotel's beachfront I'll be happy, and more importantly, so will Mrs. Surgee
Old Mar 11, 21, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TommyboyCAN View Post
You are not the only one, I'm still waiting for a points rebate from stays over Christmas. It has to do with the property actually redeeming the points.
So I guess I need to wait the 6 to 8 weeks to complain? Wouldn't you already be in the complaint "window"?

Originally Posted by Skink View Post

Was given this coupon inside Global welcome envelope at check-in.
Didn't get one in late February. Would have been nice! Hopefully, it's a permanent addition.
Old Mar 11, 21, 7:33 pm
Suspended

DP Pts Rebate

Mine posted today, my stay was a couple of weeks ago. Didnt call either The Hotel or Hyatt asking where they are
Old Mar 11, 21, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mine posted today, my stay was a couple of weeks ago. Didnt call either The Hotel or Hyatt asking where they are
Hey, I see I got my points too. Nice when problems magically solve themselves!

Search this Thread