Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Confidante Miami / Andaz Miami Beach - Unbound - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Confidante Miami / Andaz Miami Beach - Unbound - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2019, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by Quinlanty
They do not have it at all. Was very disappointed by my stay this last weekend. They do have a brunch menu with some of the former breakfast menu that starts at 11. But then it is not comped. FWIW, I was never offered the upgraded entree. Sad, as I LOVE avo toast. There isn’t even a menu anymore....
That's so odd as when I spoke to the restaurant they said that they have both a la carte and buffet options. I hate when hotels play games like this!
Old Jul 27, 2019, 11:28 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I have a stay at the end of the month. Based on the reviews I am likely to rebook to the Regency. They are looking after me very well - although the lifts are a nightmare and there is no beach!
Old Jul 27, 2019, 6:36 pm

Before it starts sounding like everyone has bad experiences here, I wanted to highlight the front desk staff. I had a TSU booked into a balcony suite, which wasn't ready when I arrived off a redeye at 10am. Fully expecting to check our bags and crash at the pool (we even had swimsuits ready in our backpacks), the girl checking us in proactively offered a temporary standard room for us to change / shower / nap. Our suite ended up being ready 5-6 hours later, so the temporary room was so incredibly appreciated. We've been offered this at international hotels before, but never at a domestic hotel.

The pool staff was always quick and friendly with chairs, towels and any food and drink orders. One day at the beach, we took chairs that already had an umbrella, not knowing that the umbrellas aren't free (which is annoying). The charge surprised us at checkout - I didn't even know what the charge was for - and the guy checking us out took the charge off, also proactively, without us asking.

I don't make it to Miami often, but wouldn't hesitate to return to the Confidante next time.
59Impala likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
They do not have it at all. Was very disappointed by my stay this last weekend. They do have a brunch menu with some of the former breakfast menu that starts at 11. But then it is not comped. FWIW, I was never offered the upgraded entree. Sad, as I LOVE avo toast. There isn’t even a menu anymore....
Ugh, what a terrible development if it stays that way. The $100 per room breakfast credit was one of the best in the Hyatt system in my opinion. Sitting outside on the back patio (sometimes at 7 a.m. after a long night out!) and chowing down on the chicken and waffles, the avocado/other toasts, and the detox smoothies... loved it. Too bad.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by Markie
I have a stay at the end of the month. Based on the reviews I am likely to rebook to the Regency. They are looking after me very well - although the lifts are a nightmare and there is no beach!
@Markie- The Confidante is still worth it. If you’re looking for another option, the Centric Miami Beach is amazing, awesome breakfast, great rooms, and close to beach. Not beach front, but just across the street. I highly prefer it over the old Regency.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Do you mean to say that they no longer have a full menu breakfast at all (apart from the special), or just that it's not included for globalists?
Officially, they do not have a full breakfast option aside from the buffet with upgrades (as described in prior post). What is odd is that the room service menu still includes many a la carte breakfast options. I’m guessing they’re trying to streamline breakfast service.

If if I had to guess, it may be an efficiency thing while they’re at higher capacity. The patio has limited seating, and the kitchen might not be able to keep up. Thus limiting the options to a single “special of the day” and the buffet helps move people through more quickly. If you ask specifically about smoothies, they’ll still allow you to order them (or at least they did let me on both days).

A note about suite upgrades at the Confidante... in my case I was booked into a standard non-suite, non-balcony room. I made nice conversation with the desk agent and showed him my “gratitude” for looking for a balcony option. It was 4:30pm and he was kind enough to move me to a balcony suite in the old tower, acknowledging my globalist status and the fact that they’re not going to sell that room after 4pm. YMMV. He also proactively offered me a late checkout. It may have also helped that he was clearly a long-term corporate Hyatt employee, as he mentioned that he used to work at a PA Hyatt location that I frequently use (he spotted it in my recent history/notes).

The Confidante continues to be one of my favorite Miami Beach spots. Don’t let anything detour you. It’s not perfect, but it’s an excellent value. If you don’t have to have beach front access, the Hyatt Centric Miami Beach is stellar, modern, and has excellent service. Excellent bar/restaurant. It’s a non-suite location, but some rooms have excellent views including water views. It has a much better location relative to dining and shopping, and better access to downtown Miami. It’s jusf across the street from the beach. As I understand it, this Centric was one of the Hyatt “concept” locations for new Centric property developments, and was one of the first properties built specifically for the Centric brand.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 9:37 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
On check-out of the Regency this morning I mentioned that I was thinking of switching a stay away from the Confidante. The agent indicated that she should have gone to work at the Confidante but they didn't need her so she came to the Regency. She also mentioned that they have gone through 4 Front Desk managers in a year at the Confidente.
I will look at the other options. Thanks for the advice.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by AMPfromBNA

Officially, they do not have a full breakfast option aside from the buffet with upgrades (as described in prior post). What is odd is that the room service menu still includes many a la carte breakfast options. I’m guessing they’re trying to streamline breakfast service.

If if I had to guess, it may be an efficiency thing while they’re at higher capacity. The patio has limited seating, and the kitchen might not be able to keep up. Thus limiting the options to a single “special of the day” and the buffet helps move people through more quickly. If you ask specifically about smoothies, they’ll still allow you to order them (or at least they did let me on both days).

A note about suite upgrades at the Confidante... in my case I was booked into a standard non-suite, non-balcony room. I made nice conversation with the desk agent and showed him my “gratitude” for looking for a balcony option. It was 4:30pm and he was kind enough to move me to a balcony suite in the old tower, acknowledging my globalist status and the fact that they’re not going to sell that room after 4pm. YMMV. He also proactively offered me a late checkout. It may have also helped that he was clearly a long-term corporate Hyatt employee, as he mentioned that he used to work at a PA Hyatt location that I frequently use (he spotted it in my recent history/notes).

The Confidante continues to be one of my favorite Miami Beach spots. Don’t let anything detour you. It’s not perfect, but it’s an excellent value. If you don’t have to have beach front access, the Hyatt Centric Miami Beach is stellar, modern, and has excellent service. Excellent bar/restaurant. It’s a non-suite location, but some rooms have excellent views including water views. It has a much better location relative to dining and shopping, and better access to downtown Miami. It’s jusf across the street from the beach. As I understand it, this Centric was one of the Hyatt “concept” locations for new Centric property developments, and was one of the first properties built specifically for the Centric brand.
By “gratitude” do you mean you gave him cash?
Old Jul 28, 2019, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by lighthouse206

By “gratitude” do you mean you gave him cash?
+1. Sounds like OP paid a bribe to secure the room that the hotel should have allocated based on Glob status but didn't
Old Jul 30, 2019, 3:45 am

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
While everyone wants/looks for different things in a hotel, I disagree about the Confidante being a good choice in Miami. I was VERY disappointed in my stay. I’m still kicking myself over staying here vs my original booking at the Faena. The room we stayed in was in pretty poor condition, and the hallways on our floor were reminiscent of a motel 6 (lots of stains and scuffs etc) The pool layout feels so overly crowded (in July, I can only imagine how much worse it is during peak season). There are two small pools, but they have tried to cram in so many lounge chairs that you sort of have to crawl over/around the people in the row in front of you. There is hip hop music / DJ that can be heard by both the children’s pool and adult pool because of the small layout. (Didn’t bother me as that is my musical scene, but just be aware) That being said, the service staff were amazing. We had a large meal and drinks at the beach comped because we were “beautiful” and the next day another bartender gave us tequila shots and a huge pitcher of cocktail on the house as well. Staff were very kind overall in all of our interactions. But overall I found the hotel to be dated and disorganized. We did use the free 2 hour bikes (part of the resort fee) which I guess was nice. Was not offered a globalist suite upgrade, but did not ask as planned to spend only 4 hours a night in
the room. The Hyatt choices in Miami are quite limited. Granted, most of my hotel stays are more towards the luxury or ultra lux category, and I knew going in that the confidante was not. Really hoping Hyatt opens a true 5 star hotel in the city!
Old Jul 31, 2019, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
+1. Sounds like OP paid a bribe to secure the room that the hotel should have allocated based on Glob status but didn't
Never a bribe. Gratitude was shown after the room was provided. I often show gratitude for helpful agents at hotels I frequently visit, regardless of upgrades or benefits.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 12:39 pm

I’m still kicking myself over staying here vs my original booking at the Faena.
It’s probably not fair to compare The Confidante with Faena... they’re completely different price points. Might as well compare to the Fontainebleau, while you’re at it.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 1:10 pm

Never a bribe. Gratitude was shown after the room was provided. I often show gratitude for helpful agents at hotels I frequently visit, regardless of upgrades or benefits.
To each their own, but I think there are better ways to acknowledge them. A review on TripAdvisor with their name mentioned is going to do a lot more for a front desk agent than a $10 bill. Things like that get them raises and promotions...
Old Jul 31, 2019, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP/*wood Plat/Hilton Gold/Hyatt Discoverist

It’s probably not fair to compare The Confidante with Faena... they’re completely different price points. Might as well compare to the Fontainebleau, while you’re at it.
But if you were ‘beautiful’ at the Confidante, what’s the equivalent at Faena?
Old Aug 1, 2019, 5:51 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle

wasn’t comparing the two. Just pointing out imho the dollar savings at the confidante weren’t worth the sacrifices in comfort. Again, that’s for me. Can totally see why a globalist family of four In search of an affordable vacation might choose this property. Just thought I would add my two cents. Safe travels

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.