Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Best Hyatt Up To Category 5 - Family vacation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Hyatt Up To Category 5 - Family vacation

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2016, 9:55 am
Original Poster

I know its pricey, but the value is in the fact that all the food and drinks are included. For what it would cost to stay at the Papagayo or the Lake tahoe resort you would spend about the same amount by the time you accounted for the food bill. It's a difference of about 150k points or $1500 dollars.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 11:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Guess we value points differently. It's not hard to get 2:1 value out of GHP points, and most people value them at least at 1.5c range. That's about $2250-3000. There's no way that my 2 kids would eat that much. I don't find the Ziva line to be family friendly at all in that regards.

If you do decide to go this route though, instead of doing quad occupancy, do a 2 room booking with 1 adult 1 child each. Will still be 50K and you have the chance for an "adults only" room.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 2:58 pm

Andaz papagayo used to have one restaurant where kids ate free. We ate all of our meals there when we were at the resort and our two youngest ate for free. Don't know if this is still the case. Even with this, hanly2 is right, it is a very expensive place to eat, although I would think you are looking at more like $1200 for 8 days rather than $2k. If you spent $2K, you would have eaten far better than any all inclusive I have ever seen.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 7:00 am
Original Poster

There was a review that I read where they stayed 3 nights 2 people and their bill was like $650.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 10:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
They must be living the Jersey life
Old Mar 21, 2016, 12:24 pm

This prompted me to look back at our stay at Thanksgiving in 2014. There were 6 of us (2 or rarely 3 classed as children) for 5 days/nights. I couldn't pull up the actual folio, however, our total bill was $1065.99. That would have included a few sundries, so total dining bill would have been about $1000. We ate elsewhere for two lunches, but otherwise ate everything else at the resort. We were not diamonds, so had to pay for breakfast.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
This prompted me to look back at our stay at Thanksgiving in 2014. There were 6 of us (2 or rarely 3 classed as children) for 5 days/nights. I couldn't pull up the actual folio, however, our total bill was $1065.99. That would have included a few sundries, so total dining bill would have been about $1000. We ate elsewhere for two lunches, but otherwise ate everything else at the resort. We were not diamonds, so had to pay for breakfast.
Wow that is more then fair. Also just found out that the free nights from chase will cover all 4 of us at the Ziva. So that is 4 free nights and that location is only 40k per night.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 8:10 pm
She

Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
Andaz papagayo used to have one restaurant where kids ate free. We ate all of our meals there when we were at the resort and our two youngest ate for free. Don't know if this is still the case. Even with this, hanly2 is right, it is a very expensive place to eat, although I would think you are looking at more like $1200 for 8 days rather than $2k. If you spent $2K, you would have eaten far better than any all inclusive I have ever seen.

Kids 5 and under eat free at Rio Bhongo and Chao Pescao. Not sure about in room dining or Ostra. We stayed there recently as 2 adults and 1 child (son ate for free) and our total dining bill for a 5 night stay came to just over $600. We ate all but 2 lunches and 1 dinner there. I thought it was pretty reasonable reasonable. (We are not Diamond so paid for breakfast too)
Old Mar 22, 2016, 7:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by hanly2
Wow that is more then fair. Also just found out that the free nights from chase will cover all 4 of us at the Ziva. So that is 4 free nights and that location is only 40k per night.
That's good news. I assumed that the Chase free nights would only cover up to 2 adults (similar to spending 20k-25k on points only covers up to 2 adults). I was going to use my free nights here originally. That was my plan since I first got the certificates until I started reading about the Zika Virus. Then we decided to stay away from all Caribbean and Mexican cities for a little while. Now we will be using to stay at the Park Hyatt New York. At $800/night, I'd say it's a much better redemption.

Last edited by cdancer20; Mar 22, 2016 at 3:53 pm
Old Mar 22, 2016, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by She
Kids 5 and under eat free at Rio Bhongo and Chao Pescao. Not sure about in room dining or Ostra. We stayed there recently as 2 adults and 1 child (son ate for free) and our total dining bill for a 5 night stay came to just over $600. We ate all but 2 lunches and 1 dinner there. I thought it was pretty reasonable reasonable. (We are not Diamond so paid for breakfast too)
My son is more of a man then a child, at Ziva last year he was 14 and 6'1" 165lbs, so he ate plenty of food, and my Daughter is 11 so no free meals for us or even kids menu stuff. Are you guys also counting adult beverages? I know a lot of people do not drink and that is a significant amount of money saved there.

Ziva virus? I dont know what that is, but hopefully it will be gone by July. I wouldn't consider going to NY a vacation for us, its just like Philly only bigger, we like the beach. But $800 value is a good deal. The ziva PV is 40k per night for the 4 of us so that is the value we got for the 4 free nights.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Ziva virus? I dont know what that is, but hopefully it will be gone by July. I wouldn't consider going to NY a vacation for us, its just like Philly only bigger, we like the beach. But $800 value is a good deal. The ziva PV is 40k per night for the 4 of us so that is the value we got for the 4 free nights.
Oops. Misspelled. It's "Zika" virus. Passed via mosquitos. For the most part, they are only super urging pregnant women to stay away but there is a chance of other symptoms that I didn't want to have to deal with after a vacation.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 4:42 pm
She

My son is more of a man then a child, at Ziva last year he was 14 and 6'1" 165lbs, so he ate plenty of food, and my Daughter is 11 so no free meals for us or even kids menu stuff. Are you guys also counting adult beverages? I know a lot of people do not drink and that is a significant amount of money saved there.

Yes includes beverages

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.