Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

I hate Hyatt (issue with Check-in and credit card free night)

Old Mar 9, 16, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

After several "events" in the past I told myself I would never touch
anything Hyatt. But we just discovered my wife has one Chase certificate
and I need to be in Vegas for a conference, so I booked one night
using her certificate. Well, I just found out there is no way to add myself
as the 2nd guest in the room and that she MUST be there to check in.
Seriously, have you ever heard about something like that?
You can not book a room for your husband.
Well, that's it. Done and done. I'm officially a hater.
Old Mar 9, 16, 6:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Well... that's not quite accurate in how it could work out. But if you're going to hate it doesn't matter
Old Mar 9, 16, 6:17 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Big_Foot View Post
After several "events" in the past I told myself I would never touch
anything Hyatt. But we just discovered my wife has one Chase certificate
and I need to be in Vegas for a conference, so I booked one night
using her certificate. Well, I just found out there is no way to add myself
as the 2nd guest in the room and that she MUST be there to check in.
Seriously, have you ever heard about something like that?
You can not book a room for your husband.
Well, that's it. Done and done. I'm officially a hater.
That's the rules of the Chase certs - a well known fact.
Old Mar 9, 16, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by peteropny View Post
That's the rules of the Chase certs - a well known fact.
of course, a "well known" for the fanboys.
Hyatt [email protected] on every level. It's a very well known fact for everybody
Old Mar 9, 16, 6:56 pm

Shouldnt you hate chase then? Or perhapf wife for not applying for another cc?

I d replace all three - hotel chain bank and wife for clearly failing you..
Old Mar 9, 16, 7:10 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

5. Receive One Anniversary Award Night each year

To qualify for the Hyatt Credit Card Anniversary Award Night, your account must be open and not in default at the time the Award Night is issued. Please allow four (4) to six (6) weeks from your account Anniversary date each year for your Hyatt Credit Card Anniversary Award Night to be issued to you. (“Anniversary” is the date that is twelve months after your account open date, and the same date each 12 months thereafter.) Award Night is good for one (1) night in any available standard room within 12 months from issuance at any Hyatt hotel or resort designated as Category one (1) through four (4) under the Hyatt Gold Passport program. Not valid at properties in any other category or Hyatt Zilara or Hyatt Ziva properties. Award Night may not be transferred, used, or extended beyond the expiration date or re-credited for points. To find Category one (1) through four (4) properties, visit goldpassport.com. A property’s category is subject to change at any time prior to booking without prior notice. Chase is not responsible for offer fulfillment. The Anniversary Award Night bonus is subject to change without prior notice.
Source

Hyatt does allow you to make points bookings for other people from your account. Even better if you're a diamond, your bookings are eligible for Guest of Honor benefits which are similar to diamond benefits... quite the perk. But, as with any program there are rules and pertaining to the credit card this has always been the case. For future reference, diamond suite upgrades are also non transferrable....

FDW
Old Mar 9, 16, 10:52 pm
formerly known as felinaar

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Big_Foot View Post
of course, a "well known" for the fanboys.
Hyatt [email protected] on every level. It's a very well known fact for everybody
It's your wife's free night, not yours. No deep knowledge required to figure that out.
Old Mar 9, 16, 11:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
It's so unfair when I can't get free stuff I'm not entitled to.
Old Mar 10, 16, 1:35 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

And even in Las Vegas where the best you can do is a Hyatt Place :-).
Old Mar 10, 16, 2:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
And even in Vegas where a big tip is supposed to make a hotel front desk agent give you almost anything.....
Old Mar 10, 16, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Black, and assorted others
It's not fair, my wife was given a free flight voucher from SQ business class. It expires next month so I decided I would use it instead. Imagine the shouting match I got with the check-in agent when the silly girl I couldn't use the certificate because it's in my wife's name and is not transferable. I hate SQ and I will never fly with that airline again!
Old Mar 10, 16, 3:44 am
Suspended

Trying buying a ticket which is not in your name and trying to use it - in this day and age of security, forget it and as for shouting at the SQ agent, she should have called airport security and had you jailed.
Originally Posted by LondonElite View Post
It's not fair, my wife was given a free flight voucher from SQ business class. It expires next month so I decided I would use it instead. Imagine the shouting match I got with the check-in agent when the silly girl I couldn't use the certificate because it's in my wife's name and is not transferable. I hate SQ and I will never fly with that airline again!
Old Mar 10, 16, 4:02 am

Programs: AC SE100K (*G), SPG*Plat50, United Silver, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Plat, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by LondonElite View Post
Originally Posted by leeky View Post
Trying buying a ticket which is not in your name and trying to use it - in this day and age of security, forget it and as for shouting at the SQ agent, she should have called airport security and had you jailed.
Hmmm...I think you missed the sarcasm in LondonElite's post...
Old Mar 10, 16, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Black, and assorted others
Originally Posted by leeky View Post
Well, then that's one airline I won't be using again. Who ever heard of such nonsense? If I buy a toaster, are you saying that only I can use it and not my wife? Or a movie ticket? Come on, get real!
Old Mar 10, 16, 5:12 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
An interesting counterpoint:

Hilton free credit card nights can be booked in anybody's name, however the certificate owner's HHonors number stays on the reservation. This is quickly rectified when checking in. All details are correct, save for the Honors number, therefore the HHonors number is changed without issue.

Has worked for me at Conrads in Koh Smaui and Tokyo.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: