Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Guangzhou - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2016, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt DIA, IHG PLT AMB, TK Elite Gold, SPG Gold

Well seems like I am the first to write about PH GZ here

Lets start with some basic stuff:
Adress:
16 Huaxia Road, Zhujiang New Town, Tianhe District
Guangzhou, Guangdong, China, 510623

Adress in Chinese:
广州柏悦酒店
天河区珠江新城华夏路16号
广州, 广东, 中国, 510623

The Park Hyatt is located at the R&F Ying Kai Plaza in Guangzhou. (Just outside the Hotel is a metro station. Beware most cab drivers dont know the exact entrance of the Hotel. As it is very new and the entrance is in a side street. Tell the Cab driver you want to go to Ascott IFC Hotel and you will be just on the opposite of the Park Hyatt.
Metro Station: Pearl River New Town: Take Exit B1/B2 and cross the Street

The Hotel:
The Hotel itself is very new. Just opened this year.
At the 65 floor there is the Lobby a Bar and the two Restaurants.
I used a DSU to try their Park Suite on the 57th Floor.
It is a big and beautiful Suite with a great Layout. (Check the Pics at the End)

On the Top Floor there is a Bar with a real rooftop terrace. (Awesome)
unfortunately the Bar Menu is far behind any PH Standard. Just very ordinary/boring stuff.

About the Service:
Service at this Property was well below under PH Standards: No Evening Turndown (forgotten/not available??) Light in the Bathroom was flickering a lot. (Housekeeping should notice it)
It was not possible to exchange USD to RMB (despite being advertised on the website) Service at their Lobby Bar was not very convincing.

On the other hand I have to say: Breakfast was really awesome, a nice spread, cold meat was cuted fresh for you with a Berkel Maschine, very attentative service.

Price: 2300 RMB standard room per Night including 15% Service Tax (roughly 350 USD)

Was it worth the Price: NO!

Follow up by the Hotel: I sent an email to the Hotel to inform them about their fails in service. Later got a call from the Director of Rooms (a nice guy) saying sorry for all and offering me a suite upgrade if I return...
(well If I return)
Second night in Guangzhou I stayed at GH Guangzhou 5min away, which was a much better value for the price.

As you suffered all my English ( I am not a native speaker) Lets see pics:

Livingroom of the Suite:

Hallway:

Bedroom:

View from Bedroom:

Bathroom:

Entrance Ground Floor:

Part of the Lobby:

Delicious Waffle at Breakfast:

Pool:

Taxi Card showing the exact location:

Feel free to ask if there are any questions

If I find more Pics later, I will upload

Last edited by PhilHugi; Mar 8, 2016 at 2:10 am
Old Mar 7, 2016, 12:31 pm

Programs: BA Silver, M&M SEN,FB Gold,EI Gold Circle Elite,HHonors Gold, A-Club Platinum, Goldpoints Silver
I wanted to stay at new year there. I emailed them in summer and they wanted to inform me, when reservations would be available. It never happend and when I tried to book it with points it was not possible. The "service" by email was not how I am used to at Hyatts, so I can imagine your feeling, that it is not a very good hotel...
Old Mar 7, 2016, 3:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Park Hyatt Guangzhou - REVIEW

Thanks for review. I plan to try out the hotel in October. Hope they have the service kinks worked out by then. This is not unusual for a Chinese hotel. GH Guangzhou had multiple fails for me when they first opened. It should improve!
Old Mar 7, 2016, 5:59 pm

So, there is no sofas arrangement in the suite living room? Just a dining table for two and an easy chair? How can one expect to have a decent gathering and sit-together with guests who may visit the suite??? Is this a true "Park Suite" or just some category of "Junior Suite"?

I will be at the hotel this coming Saturday. Booked their "Raise the Curtain" rate at CNY 1,919 (including daily breakfast and CNY 500 F&B credit). Will be in a regular room (unless the hotel upgrades me to something better due to Diamond status).

Will report back here on any more details.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 2:13 am
Original Poster

Found some more pictures!!

In my oppinion the Hotel has a nice Hardware, just the Software has to improve quite a bit to be on PH Standards.

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
So, there is no sofas arrangement in the suite living room? Just a dining table for two and an easy chair? How can one expect to have a decent gathering and sit-together with guests who may visit the suite??? Is this a true "Park Suite" or just some category of "Junior Suite"?
Actually there is a big sofa in the Room.
Unfortunately you cant see it very well on the Pictures.
The first Image of the Living Room (The panorama one) was taken from the Sofa. Maybe I find a better picture to show
Old Mar 15, 2016, 9:10 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Okay I can see the sofa in the 4th picture, mirror reflection.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 1:46 pm

Just completed a 2 night stay at the PH GZ. The Park Suites do indeed have a sofa but some rooms' will be larger than others. I had a giant L sofa in 5x19 while my friend in 5x11 had a smaller one.

The hotel does not allow guests to take their Diamond breakfast as room service but the staff were able to help me purchase train tickets to Hong Kong (with a small surcharge I think).

Overall, had a great stay and would happily return.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 3:54 pm

I must say 2,300rmb a night is extremely expensive for Guangzhou. I know it's a park hyatt, but I stay at the Park Hyatt Beijing and Shanghai all the time and don't pay anything close to that.

I suppose prices will correct soon. Reminds me of when the grand hyatt in KUL first opened; prices were basically the same as the Singapore property converted into ringgit. Prices are down a good 30-40% since then.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by carmy
I must say 2,300rmb a night is extremely expensive for Guangzhou. I know it's a park hyatt, but I stay at the Park Hyatt Beijing and Shanghai all the time and don't pay anything close to that.
I guess it depends on the dates and how far in advance you purchase. Without and corporate codes, I have been seeing advanced purchase rates for the Park Hyatt Guangzhou around CNY 1,500.- or thereabouts. That would mean the standard rate is around CNY 1,800.-
Old May 16, 2016, 12:57 pm

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
DIA benefits & questions

HI Hyatt FT'ers,I am planning a visit to this city (CAN) in the fall, and I was wondering what the DIA benefits and welcome bonus (if any), etc... are in this property?

Besides those,here are some Q's:
What are the DSU Suites upgraded into?
What directional view is best & most stunning of city skyline I should ask for?

TIA,

LFC^
Old May 18, 2016, 11:36 am
Original Poster

DSU gets you a Park Suite as mentioned above.
If you can get one Suite in the direction of the Guangzhou TV Tower.

When in a Suite you will get a Bottle of Wine and the 1000 points.
Old May 19, 2016, 6:54 am

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
Originally Posted by PhilHugi
DSU gets you a Park Suite as mentioned above.
If you can get one Suite in the direction of the Guangzhou TV Tower.

When in a Suite you will get a Bottle of Wine and the 1000 points.
Perfect thanks^
Old Jul 5, 2016, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Just returned from a very nice two-day stay at the property. Really nice features, good service, and good food. Staff speak much better English than Beijing. Was just in a deluxe room but it was more than sufficient. Nice breakfast and I loved the Italian restaurant.

Here is a review with 75 pictures (note -- this is a link to my blog...)--

http://upgrd.com/matthew/review-park...guangzhou.html
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM
Are there any more recent experiences with the PH GZ?

I've stayed numerous times at the GH and although its a nice hotel, its not my favorite property for a number of reasons. I've got an upcoming trip where I will likely stay in GZ and the PH and GH are showing up as the same rate.

I'd appreciate any recent insights.

Thanks
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by bostonpilot
Are there any more recent experiences with the PH GZ?

I've stayed numerous times at the GH and although its a nice hotel, its not my favorite property for a number of reasons. I've got an upcoming trip where I will likely stay in GZ and the PH and GH are showing up as the same rate.

I'd appreciate any recent insights.

Thanks
I just had two one-night stays there on 09.Aug and 18.Aug, respectively. Both nights, I booked on the rate of CNY 1,425, while the Grand Hyatt was around CNY 1,100.- I prefer the PH due to slightly closer proximity to the Metro Station (easy to get to my meetings and also to Guangzhou East Train Station).

On both stays, I was upgraded to a Deluxe Suite as a Globalist. No TSU used. I like the layout of the Suite. Entryway turn left leads into walk-in closet, bedroom, and bathroom. Entryway turn right leads into living room with good size sofa and dining table. Furnishings quite well done.

The buffet breakfast spread is good. A mix of Chinese and Western dishes, lots of pastries, decent cut fruit, and a wide range of fruit juices to choose from. Eggs are made to order.

Good fitness centre with a wide range of equipment. The pool on the 63rd floor looks good; I did not try. Nor did I try any spa facilities.

Only downer was a late dinner in the Lounge one night. Lack of staff there; they had one staff manning the bar, taking orders, etc. Very, very slow service.

All in all, two good stays, and I would return here whenever in Guangzhou. (Honestly, I never liked the standard room layout of the Grand Hyatt that much.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.