Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Diamond line 30+ min hold times?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Diamond line 30+ min hold times?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2016, 9:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by JenniferNAz
I thought it was only me that was getting that, something with my phone! I got that first, then finally got through, just to sit on hold for an hour. Then tried twitter and got in done in just a few minutes.
I'm now on hold on both my phones to two different numbers. Sent tweet & DM's 20mins ago, no response.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Could this be because something is not working correctly in their system and they are giving out DSU like candy? (from what I can tell) I'm hearing from people they've been given extra DSU's. One person was given 1 extra DSU and another person was given 3 extra. The system is showing that these "extra" DSU's expire 2017. So I'm guessing some are hoping they can cancel and reuse these or use over the normal "4" DSU and keep the accidental extra DSU's.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat,
Glad I wasn't the only one. I have 3 DSUs left and wanted to apply one to the GH Erawan for a stay in July...guess that's not happening.

Sad thing is I have other stays in Tokyo later this year, but suites already booked so no use there either.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 9:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Hooray for twitter!! Just in the nick of time too. Phew! Now off to bed
Old Feb 29, 2016, 10:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by skitch23
Hooray for twitter!! Just in the nick of time too. Phew! Now off to bed
Pfft - I bet you had at least 45 seconds left!
Old Feb 29, 2016, 10:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG/Marriott Plat, WOH Diamond, IHG Plat Ambassador, HHonors Gold, jetBlue Mosaic
Was on hold for 58 minutes and now going on 10 minutes with agent, didn't get through until 12:18am ET and she's getting my last DSU applied. Fingers crossed!
Old Feb 29, 2016, 10:42 pm

i asked an agent earlier in the day what time zone they use and i was told Central. so, you still have 21 minutes.

of course, their phone line crashed- got that old fashioned 3 tone 'your call didn't get thru' 14x before getting on hold (45 minutes, so far). you know, the tone you only hear during earthquakes and time travel back to the 70's (to visit Hyatt IT!).

btw, hyatt.... jfc, the same 1 horrifically lame song on repeat for 45 minutes. nice job adding to the torture.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 10:43 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Still on hold both on phone and also waiting for twitter over an hour. No sleep tonight!

The music is driving me crazy!
Old Feb 29, 2016, 10:45 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Same here. Twitter is not responsive either as we pass midnight Eastern and move into other time zones...
Old Feb 29, 2016, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by milemission
Still on hold both on phone and also waiting for twitter over an hour. No sleep tonight!

The music is driving me crazy!
i can actually feel my blood pressure rising and the control parts of my brain losing grip. it's basically like Valentine's cell phone signal from Kingsman The Secret Service.

Put 100 people in a locked room with this and it'll be the church scene:

Old Feb 29, 2016, 11:01 pm

Uhoh... 2015 upgrades just disappeared from Hyatt.com... central timezone indeed.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 11:04 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
"Due to system maintenance we are unable to handle your call"
Old Feb 29, 2016, 11:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Was on hold for nearly an hour, as midnight CT time rolled around my call was dropped. Good times.

Last edited by bribro; Feb 29, 2016 at 11:12 pm
Old Feb 29, 2016, 11:09 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I started at 10:15 CT and still holding.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by Peatisback
"Due to system maintenance we are unable to handle your call"
Wow. After holding for 45+ minutes, finally got through. As soon as I said I was calling to apply DSUs, the line dropped. Now any attempt to call back receives the above.

I can't help but wonder if the agent thought it would be easier to just disconnect me than explain they weren't going to be able to apply them... what a cluster.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.