Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Bloomington / Minneapolis REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Bloomington / Minneapolis REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2021, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by Neric
Regency Suite is what the FD called it back in December; the web site adds Regency Club to the front for 7th floor suites - but they are the same layout. And ya they have barn doors separating bedroom from sitting area. I have pictures of both further up in this thread.

I emailed the hotel's feedback line about the website, I did email the GM a few weeks ago about the restaurant but never got a response.

And I've been Glob for all 3 of these upgrades.
Based on what your describing I suspect this is yet another not-so-well run franchise property NOT run by Hyatt employees (Hyatt-run properties are "managed" properties). It seems like the franchises, in particular, are taking advantage of the situation to close off everything they can get away with, not respond to emails, and generally do the bare bare minimum. If this were a real Hyatt-run hotel I don't think you'd see this. In my experience, the managed properties are doing an enhanced grab and go (hot food) at a minimum or increasingly likely they have the restaurant open, whereas with the franchises it's the exact opposite - they want you to take the 500 points. Next time your there, if curious, as the front desk if they are Hyatt employees or if are they a franchise... if it's franchise you know why they are they way they are...

***simple google search reveals they are an Aimbridge property - worst of the worst IMHO. No surprise.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 2:44 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM (Former PM)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Do you know what floors are closed?
They did not provide that, and I can understand why.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 2:50 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
Based on what your describing I suspect this is yet another not-so-well run franchise property NOT run by Hyatt employees (Hyatt-run properties are "managed" properties). It seems like the franchises, in particular, are taking advantage of the situation to close off everything they can get away with, not respond to emails, and generally do the bare bare minimum. If this were a real Hyatt-run hotel I don't think you'd see this. In my experience, the managed properties are doing an enhanced grab and go (hot food) at a minimum or increasingly likely they have the restaurant open, whereas with the franchises it's the exact opposite - they want you to take the 500 points. Next time your there, if curious, as the front desk if they are Hyatt employees or if are they a franchise... if it's franchise you know why they are they way they are...

***simple google search reveals they are an Aimbridge property - worst of the worst IMHO. No surprise.

Explains a lot - at our December stay the FD person was not at the desk when we arrived, and was running around like crazy. Seems they were the only person working. Occupancy was ~17% then. I've emailed their feedback line and I'll report back if I hear anything.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 5:56 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Emailed the hotel's feed back and got a response from a Front Desk Supervisor:

I apologize for incorrect info regarding our restaurant on the website, I am going to show this to my manager so that we can make the necessary changes. The last I spoke with my manager about the restaurant reopening, she said we are hoping to do this in the next couple months, as we are slowly returning to pre-covid levels of business and staffing.
Proof is in the pudding, we'll see if it changes.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 7:03 am

Hotel is clean though a bit uninspiring. Upgraded to suite after asking. Globalist breakfast is not sufficient. A choice of small sandwich and drink.

Old Sep 4, 2021, 7:06 am

For the price it's good value. I've been staying here once a month on healthcare rate (99/night + tax). 8k pts is also a good deal. Suite upgrade every time, nice gym, breakfast indeed a bit lacking.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 3:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's too bad that they seem to have eliminated the breakfast pizza. IIRC they were made to order for grab & go.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 8:00 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It's too bad, since pre-covid this was a nice place to stay with decent food.

Last edited by Neric; Sep 7, 2021 at 5:45 am Reason: Wrong Regency
Old Apr 29, 2022, 11:27 pm

Any news lately?
Old Apr 30, 2022, 11:06 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In February and March, the lounge offered hot buffet breakfast which looked at least as good as preCOVID-19. There was no evening reception, but water, coffee, and small snacks were available 24/7 (but at least one front desk agent didn't know this and didn't know how to make key cards with lounge access).

The restaurant seemed to be serving from a limited menu in the bar area in the evening, although both food and beverage service closed earlier than previously.

Information about airport shuttle service was inconsistent.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 8:59 am

Lounge only open for breakfast weekdays
Old Sep 16, 2022, 10:11 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Lounge only open for breakfast weekdays
How's the spread? Planning to stay there in a few weeks.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Did a quick 1 night this week - nice property, close to MSP. Limited dining options in the area (unless you want to go to the mall), I ate at the bar and it was actually quite good. Didn't check out the lounge.

Standard functional HR gym. Like the new & modern feeling overall.

Small annoyance is to having to trek back out to your car to put a parking pass in windshield...wouldn't think that's necessary in the burbs, but I guess some people may try and use the lots for free MSP parking.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 9:04 am

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Lounge is closed on weekends. Diamond guests get coupons for the cafe downstairs - 1 breakfast entree and coffee/tea/juice each for two people. The choices were pretty standard: an omelet, some egg dishes, oatmeal, pancakes. You order at the counter, get a number, and food is brought to the table in styrofoam containers. Not exactly luxurious experience, but I suppose it's better than nothing.

FWIW, the hotel's parking lot was pretty full on a random Friday night.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 11:21 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by legalalien
Lounge is closed on weekends. Diamond guests get coupons for the cafe downstairs - 1 breakfast entree and coffee/tea/juice each for two people. The choices were pretty standard: an omelet, some egg dishes, oatmeal, pancakes. You order at the counter, get a number, and food is brought to the table in styrofoam containers. Not exactly luxurious experience, but I suppose it's better than nothing.
So they've not restored the full restaurant service. That was one of the very few highlights of this property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.