Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Bloomington / Minneapolis REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Bloomington / Minneapolis REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2019, 7:36 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
Solid Regency

Stayed last night and proactively upgraded to a Executive Suite.It was recently renovated and no noise ssues whatsoever. Excellent location for airport proximity with shuttle service every 20 minutes.

Last edited by martinplas; Jun 24, 2019 at 7:38 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Jul 7, 2019, 9:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by martinplas
Stayed last night and proactively upgraded to a Executive Suite.It was recently renovated and no noise ssues whatsoever. Excellent location for airport proximity with shuttle service every 20 minutes.
Renovated? This hotel is pretty new. It opened in February 2016. I hope the IKEA furniture didn't get beat up that fast.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 2:43 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM (Former PM)
Stayed this weekend for 1 night. Covid-19 resurging in MN isn't helping this hotel, There was only 1 front of house person working in the morning and in the evening so some waiting was required to check in and check out, but this wasn't that big a deal to us. I was told occupancy was below 20% when I asked.

We were upgraded to a "Regency Club Suite" Which seems to be a King Suite on the 7th floor. I took a few pictures and they are below. The restaurant is completely closed as is the Club room so I got 500 bonus points instead of breakfast.

There were a number of cars in the parking lot - you can pay to park here and then take the metro to the airport and that seemed to draw up more business then the rooms. This was basically a stay to A) Get out of our house for one night B) Use a GC Hyatt gave me for 40 nights, C) obtain the last night needed to have 60 nights for the year to snare 2 more suite upgrades.

The furniture is fine for the property, it's an airport conference regency, way better then a Hyatt place. We've stayed before and the restaurant is very good. If you want to fly to MSP and visit the MOA it's a perfectly valid option.

King Suite on the Regency floor

"Desk" in the King Suite on Regency Floor

Last edited by Neric; Jan 5, 2021 at 3:41 pm Reason: Added the desk picture.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 12:49 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Just stayed here last night, it's very quiet, the restaurant and club of course still closed.

We were upgraded to a Executive King Suite, it's quite a bit bigger then the King Suite from our last stay, I took a lot of pictures since it's so massive. It's not the largest nor the nicest suite we've been in. The monster suites at the downtown Regency are even bigger and fancier, but that's an older hotel.

Right when you enter this art is on the wall.

There is a small bathroom right at the suite entrance.

The main area, what is shown on the Hyatt website for this room

Looking back towards the entrance.

Sitting area outside the bedroom.

The bedroom.

The bedroom comes with a large closet.

The bathroom is large, there is a closed off room for the toilet.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 12:56 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Restaurants in MN are allowed to be open at 50% capacity (6 feet apart) IIRC with 10 pm closing times, so I'm surprised they're not at least serving a limited menu in the bar area. Is the market area (food case between bar and restaurant) open for grab and go breakfast and dinner?

During the period that restaurants were closed in the state over the holidays, the downtown HR first had the market open and then moved grab and go F&B to the front desk, but breakfast was offered to Globs and they always had substantial salads and similar to eat, plus bottles of house wine.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 1:20 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Restaurants in MN are allowed to be open at 50% capacity (6 feet apart) IIRC with 10 pm closing times, so I'm surprised they're not at least serving a limited menu in the bar area. Is the market area (food case between bar and restaurant) open for grab and go breakfast and dinner?
I'm aware they are allowed, I didn't chat with the FD person this time like I did last time but I'm going to email the GM so I'll ask. The grab and go station is still there. I suspect the reason for the closed restaurant is due to occupancy, it was really low last time and seemed even less busy this time. The parking lot is always full of cars because of the offer to park at the hotel and fly. They do provide a list of local restaurants that will deliver to the hotel so that could have a part in it as well.

Last edited by Neric; Feb 7, 2021 at 1:42 pm Reason: Got confirmation
Old Feb 7, 2021, 1:42 pm

Is the airport shuttle operating again or are they sending people to the light rail?
Old Feb 8, 2021, 4:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Is the airport shuttle operating again or are they sending people to the light rail?
Light Rail
Old Feb 9, 2021, 9:49 am

Airport parking without a shuttle when it's -10F (actual temperature, with wind chill/feels like down to -30F) outside isn't very attractive. There are nearby hotels offering airport parking packages with shuttle service that's operating, although some have more limited hours than preCOVID-19.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 8:38 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Stayed again last night, not much has changed but they were in the 40% occupancy range. I learned they have 2 floors completely shutdown and not being used.

They do have a breakfast option - bagel or muffin and coffee - though 500 points for globalists is also an option. We brought our own food and they default to 500 points for those eligible. We were upgraded to a jr suite on the 5th floor, seems each floor has a jr suite and a large suite, but I'm not sure if the 8th floor is any different.

Here's 2 pictures of the current state of the check in area, the restaurant is still shut down.

Right of the check in desk

Alcohol behind the check in desk.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 12:07 pm

I suspect that what you're calling junior suites are really the smaller senior suites, with completely separate bedrooms. The much larger suites have corner windows. Both are along the hallway to the left as you leave the elevator lobby, on the right hand side of the corridor so that they face the park (best views). There is indeed one suite of each type of every floor.

Even numbered floors have a small room with a microwave and ice machine across the hall from these suites, but I suspect this may be closed too due to COVID-19.

It's too bad that the previous breakfast offering from the former market area at the entrance to the restaurant has been eliminated. In early November they offered hot breakfast items made to order and I thought my breakfast pizza was a creative and tasty option. It was grab and go of course.

Their current website lists restaurant, bar and room service hours with menus. This seems to be totally wrong.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 1:31 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I suspect that what you're calling junior suites are really the smaller senior suites, with completely separate bedrooms. The much larger suites have corner windows. Both are along the hallway to the left as you leave the elevator lobby, on the right hand side of the corridor so that they face the park (best views). There is indeed one suite of each type of every floor.
Their current website lists restaurant, bar and room service hours with menus. This seems to be totally wrong.
Jr Suite was what the FD called it, I've been in both rooms; from the web site they call it King Suite vs Executive King Suite.

The website is VERY wrong.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by Neric
Jr Suite was what the FD called it, I've been in both rooms; from the web site they call it King Suite vs Executive King Suite.

The website is VERY wrong.
When the property first opened, I think they were called Regency Suite (standard upgrade if available for Globs) and Executive Suite (sometimes given to Globs). IIRC both have barn doors separating bedroom from sitting room. Neither one has a bathtub.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 3:27 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

When the property first opened, I think they were called Regency Suite (standard upgrade if available for Globs) and Executive Suite (sometimes given to Globs). IIRC both have barn doors separating bedroom from sitting room. Neither one has a bathtub.
Regency Suite is what the FD called it back in December; the web site adds Regency Club to the front for 7th floor suites - but they are the same layout. And ya they have barn doors separating bedroom from sitting area. I have pictures of both further up in this thread.

I emailed the hotel's feedback line about the website, I did email the GM a few weeks ago about the restaurant but never got a response.

And I've been Glob for all 3 of these upgrades.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 3:36 pm

Do you know what floors are closed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.