Wiki Posts
Search

Family Rate Plan

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2016, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott PP, United PP, American Express Platinum
Family Rate Plan

As we are newer to the Hyatt program being loyal Marriott Platinum members for years, we are curious as to the Hyatt family rate plan. Do we call the Hyatt hotel directly or the customer service number. Also, does anyone know if these rates can be used at the AI in Mexico and Jamaica? Thank you all in advance. We are a family of 5 and finding accommodations gets very tricky.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 10:59 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by mrsp1030
As we are newer to the Hyatt program being loyal Marriott Platinum members for years, we are curious as to the Hyatt family rate plan. Do we call the Hyatt hotel directly or the customer service number. Also, does anyone know if these rates can be used at the AI in Mexico and Jamaica? Thank you all in advance. We are a family of 5 and finding accommodations gets very tricky.
Call the CS number.

I'm not sure if all properties participate or not. Haven't heard if the AI properties participate or not.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 10:46 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Ressurecting an old thread. Does anyone have experience with this plan recently? I called to see if I could add a second room for our kids to an upcoming booking and the agent was unfamiliar with this option.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 1:14 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Ressurecting an old thread. Does anyone have experience with this plan recently? I called to see if I could add a second room for our kids to an upcoming booking and the agent was unfamiliar with this option.
I was able to book a second room for our grandson at the HR Lake Tahoe back in March, just before everything shut down. I spoke to someone at the property and the rate was 50% of the "Standard Rate". It appeared in our reservation as "DEPENDENT RATE FAMILY PLAN DISCOUNT RATE"
59Impala likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 3:25 pm

We often add a second room under the family plan. There have been a few times when I could tell that the CSR was not familiar with the option. In those circumstances, I would just hang up and call again. Most of the CSR's are very familiar with it. It is somewhat hit or miss whether a hotel offers it at all or offers it on particular dates. I have experience with some hotels that had the rate plan available on certain dates and not on others. If it is available, I think 50% off the Standard Rate is the typical pricing. While the member or other promotional rates are often a decent amount lower than the Standard Rate, the family plan rate is almost always the best deal for a second room, and often by a significant amount. Another nice option is that you can add a family plan room to a cash room or a points room. We frequently use points to book a first room, a TSU to upgrade the room to the Standard Suite, and then add a connecting family plan room for the reduced rate.
Pocatello and diamond_46 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.