Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Thompson Palm Springs (now Feb 2025, maybe)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thompson Palm Springs (now Feb 2025, maybe)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2021, 6:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
I'll believe it when they open the doors!! As someone that visits PS annually, this site has been a mess for years now....but then again everything in PS seems to take years like the redevelopment of the old mall property that now is the site of the Kimpton....but this one has taken especially long.

Off topic but PS (and the surrounding area) were supposed to get a an aloft, Virgin, etc.,etc. and even Sheraton Resort off Rt-111 down in Cathedral City and what did they get....a Margarittaville Resort!

Last edited by christianj; Mar 8, 2021 at 6:22 am
Old Jun 10, 2021, 12:08 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
An update on this project (which is officially now the Thompson Palm Springs).

https://www.desertsun.com/story/news...gs/7636438002/
Old Jun 10, 2021, 1:04 pm
FT

Originally Posted by bcosinteno
An update on this project (which is officially now the Thompson Palm Springs).

https://www.desertsun.com/story/news...gs/7636438002/
behind a paywall. Can you summarize?
Old Jun 10, 2021, 1:08 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FT
behind a paywall. Can you summarize?
Here's essentially the same story, not behind a paywall.

https://kesq.com/news/2021/06/10/the...-palm-springs/
Old Jun 10, 2021, 2:28 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
c‘mon... December 22?.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 3:31 pm
FT

Originally Posted by 59Impala
c‘mon... December 22?.
so 2023
59Impala likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 3:38 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
*sigh*
This (sadly) feels like a project Hyatt should abandon...it's already been hanging out there for what, five years?
Old Jun 11, 2021, 10:10 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, AA PLT for Life
Originally Posted by GrayAnderson
*sigh*
This (sadly) feels like a project Hyatt should abandon...it's already been hanging out there for what, five years?
Why should they abandon? They have one very aged property that no one would go out of their way to choose.

They can have a brand new property if/when this gets completed.

That could allow an easier closure of the regular Hyatt for a way, way overdue remodel as noted above.
SanDiego1K and 59Impala like this.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 12:45 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Originally Posted by rogo
Why should they abandon? They have one very aged property that no one would go out of their way to choose.

They can have a brand new property if/when this gets completed.

That could allow an easier closure of the regular Hyatt for a way, way overdue remodel as noted above.
The issue (in my mind) is that either the project is "cursed" and/or they have a troubled partner in it.

(I don't mean cursed literally, mind you, but there are way too many times that I have had a project or something where I've hit the "cut my losses" stage. This just feels like that...something keeps going wrong with it.)
Old Jun 17, 2021, 4:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
more updates here
https://ukenreport.com/palm-canyon-h...ompson-hotels/
Old Aug 10, 2021, 1:39 pm
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by KevinS
Sooner or later these fools will open PalmSprings, but I may be dead by then).
sorry to be kill-joy… but PSP will be a Thompson, although the website still shows Andaz
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...te-2022-a.html

Last edited by 59Impala; Aug 10, 2021 at 1:54 pm
Old Aug 11, 2021, 2:19 pm

Programs: 2mm+ UAL | Lifetime Titanium Marriott | Globalist Hyatt | SpireElite IHG
delete

Last edited by KevinS; Aug 16, 2021 at 11:42 am
Old Aug 11, 2021, 2:21 pm

Programs: 2mm+ UAL | Lifetime Titanium Marriott | Globalist Hyatt | SpireElite IHG
Originally Posted by GrayAnderson
*sigh*
Not sure that option exists, given that the city is suing them to complete said project.
Long overdue, given that it's been, 6yrs now I think? Just a gaping construction hole right in the middle of tourist central downtown area.
I suppose that slightly increases likelihood of occurring; however, still, I'll believe it when I see it actually open.
59Impala likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 2:26 pm
formerly a193991

Thompson ain't bad either Although, still, I'll believe it when I see it actually open.
When the city has to sue you to finish your project, it slightly increases likelihood of occurring however!
great post. Thanks. Can you post it in the Palm Springs thread, too? They now have 90 days to come up with plan… sounds promising.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 7:31 pm
FT

Not sure that option exists, given that the city is suing them to complete said project.
Long overdue, given that it's been, 6yrs now I think? Just a gaping construction hole right in the middle of tourist central downtown area.
I suppose that slightly increases likelihood of occurring; however, still, I'll believe it when I see it actually open.
Was just there this past weekend. It's an eyesore and looks like it hasn't been touched in a bit. No rubbish, anyone squating, or anything like that. It's just a half completed large building taking up a block in the middle of PS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.