Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2016, 12:47 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, CCarlson Silver
Originally Posted by peteropny
Normally, stay credit (and night credit) are based on checkout date. If your stay was for the night of NYE (1 night only for the night of 12/31), it is proper that the stay be credited to the new year. It is possible that they'll be lenient and manually adjust it to be in the old year.

If your stay was multiple nights then, they will adjust it for sure.
Yes, that was explained to me afterwards by the Hyatt FT rep, who I DM'd (they have to do a manual correction in this case); however things have been corrected, and my tier status properly updated.

If I didn't need to make that one stay for the purpose of status, it wouldn't have been as of much importance, but circumstances didn't really give me a choice, as it were. I normally wouldn't wait for the last day.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 3:13 pm

I am planning a stay in Hyatt Regency Maui and have platinum status with Gold Passport. Would they provide free lounge access to the platinums there? Anyone with the experience ? Thank you
Old Jan 5, 2016, 3:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by david4455
Looking for a one night stay later this year at the Grand DFW. I'd like to use the Hotwire Secret Hotel " game" to reduce the rate.

Sometimes if a hotel is unique enough to the area there are subtle signs in the Hotwire description that point to a specific hotel. Any such known hints that people use for pinpointing the Grand DFW as the Hotwire hotel?

Thanks
I suggest going to the website betterbidding . com. Lots of tips there for figuring out certain hotels on Priceline and Hotwire.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 3:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by terpzone
Quick question-- I made a reservation for 4 rooms x 4 nights each, but they made me put the 4th room under a different name I was only allowed 3 under my name.

It's all under 1 reservation number; will I get all of the points for the booking or for only the 3 rooms?
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
terpzone seems it was answered here but is an old thread so not sure if rules have changed

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...om-credit.html
Originally Posted by terpzone
Thanks.. seems like I should get points on all rooms. I'll create a passport# for my brother just in case and transfer to myself if it comes to it.
Based on everything that I have read, including the thread listed here, you will only get points on up to 3 rooms.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by gezginUmit
I am planning a stay in Hyatt Regency Maui and have platinum status with Gold Passport. Would they provide free lounge access to the platinums there? Anyone with the experience ? Thank you
Not unless the front desk makes a mistake.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 2:56 pm

Resort fee

Is resort fee waived for the Chase Anniversary Award night?
Thanks!
Old Jan 6, 2016, 7:18 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by JCary
Is resort fee waived for the Chase Anniversary Award night?
Thanks!
Typically resort fees aren't charged on award/compilmentary nights but you can always double check with Hyatt Reservations
Old Jan 6, 2016, 7:22 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by gezginUmit
Welcome to Hyatt Gold Passport forum & Flyertalk^
Lounge access is not a Platinum benefit it is a Diamond benefit so highly unlikely
You could always ask nicely at check in but I would expect to pay for it as a Platinum
Have a wonderful stay
Cheers
Old Jan 7, 2016, 12:07 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Just curious-is there a compiled thread of platinum upgrade successes? (I did a quick search but couldn't find one). I know the SPG forum has a thread with gold upgrade successes and it's just nice to see which properties are generous in terms of upgrading rooms for the mid-tier members.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by svo242
Just curious-is there a compiled thread of platinum upgrade successes? (I did a quick search but couldn't find one). I know the SPG forum has a thread with gold upgrade successes and it's just nice to see which properties are generous in terms of upgrading rooms for the mid-tier members.
I'm guessing that thread, if it were to exist, would be rather brief.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 1:08 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It would be a useless thread as well.... plat status means little and any upgrades would be incidents that would depend on what was available at that time and most likely have a lot to do with stay history of a specific member.

It would only serve the purpose of setting people up with false expectations.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:35 am

I had two rooms booked at one of the Park Hyatts under my name during the same time period. My family and myself stayed in these rooms, and I paid for them with my Hyatt card. However, I noticed that I only got credit (in terms of nights and points) for only one of these rooms. Is it because I could not physically stay in both rooms? Yet, I booked them under my name and paid for them. Shouldn't I get credit for both?
Old Jan 8, 2016, 10:13 am

You only get credit for 1 room per night. You should get points for both of them.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 8:34 am

Mods can we add a Wiki to this thread? There are some questions that are asked a lot so it would be nice to have a FAQ. Also, it would be nice to post links to other important stickies such as the Points FAQs. I was about to do it but didn't want to step on any toes.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 8:44 am

Every user can create a wiki, we don't need a mod to do it.

As well, this is supposed to be the flame-free thread for newbies to ask questions without being told to "go search" or "look at the wiki." That's one of the reasons the ambassador program was created - to make sure newbies and newbies to the forum don't get hit with those lines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.