Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Old Jul 14, 2019, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jasonvr
It depends on the reservation type. Typically cash stays will show the new room type
​​​​​​. Points bookings won't
Mine is a points rez - there you go. I do have a DM from Hyatt confirming it at least.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 9:30 pm

Globalist for casual?

Hi, as an average business traveler (3 to 4 times per year, total to be less than 2 weeks of traveling), is Globalist worth grinding for? Is there a more affordable way to get there? I'm almost Explorist now, seems the qualifying night would be the best route for me
Old Jul 21, 2019, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kwfown
Hi, as an average business traveler (3 to 4 times per year, total to be less than 2 weeks of traveling), is Globalist worth grinding for? Is there a more affordable way to get there? I'm almost Explorist now, seems the qualifying night would be the best route for me
If you have good AA status there might be some kind of promo for Globalist now.

Hyatt CC gives you 5 nights’ credit a year and 2 per $5000 spend. Free night annually and another with $15000 spend. Might be worth a look.

For me the best feature of Globalist might be the ability to book for friends/family/business associates and they get to “share” my status.

Though free parking in Chicago instead of paying $69 is nice also.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks

If you have good AA status there might be some kind of promo for Globalist now.

Hyatt CC gives you 5 nights’ credit a year and 2 per $5000 spend. Free night annually and another with $15000 spend. Might be worth a look.

For me the best feature of Globalist might be the ability to book for friends/family/business associates and they get to “share” my status.

Though free parking in Chicago instead of paying $69 is nice also.
Thanks! I do have the Hyatt CC, technically it was my first Chase card; I'm glad I got it. Got a minor upgrade to a junior suite at the Park Hyatt in DC, and have been able to stay on higher floors even as a Discoverist. The Hyatt Place I frequent said free parking is for Globalist only, but i guess it varies from hotel to hotel. The CC really help achieve status easier, I'll just be about 3 nights short of Explorist, that extra free night is tempting...
Old Jul 21, 2019, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kwfown
Thanks! I do have the Hyatt CC, technically it was my first Chase card; I'm glad I got it. Got a minor upgrade to a junior suite at the Park Hyatt in DC, and have been able to stay on higher floors even as a Discoverist. The Hyatt Place I frequent said free parking is for Globalist only, but i guess it varies from hotel to hotel. The CC really help achieve status easier, I'll just be about 3 nights short of Explorist, that extra free night is tempting...
Parking cost, if any, is by hotel.

There are 2 Hyatt credit cards. Make sure you know which you have if you want the status night credits.
kwfown likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 11:22 am

Hyatt house.

Am I able to book on points a two bedroom suite at a Hyatt house using points?
Old Jul 24, 2019, 1:02 pm

I booked a Ziva suite on points at Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos and I need to change the occupancy from 1 adult + 1 kid to 2 adults + 2 kids (2 and 5). I've called several times to update the reservation but keep being told they can't because the room type isn't available anymore (points or cash). Do I have any options other than calling back everyday hoping a Ziva suite on points becomes available so I can rebook?
Old Jul 24, 2019, 4:14 pm
Company Representative: World of Hyatt

Programs: World of Hyatt
Hello judgecrandall,

If you send me a private message with your reservation and World of Hyatt details I can assist you with that.

Best Regards,
John S
Old Jul 25, 2019, 4:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, AS MVP 75K
Hi Everyone,

Very long time lurker, for reviews and airline tips etc.

Currently I'm on the Hyatt Fast Track and have only 6 days booked and paid for.

I've been doing a worst case scenario and am considering a 2 week or less mattress run for Globalist for an upcoming vacation in Japan in 2020, along with other trips throughout the year with Hyatt.

So becoming a Globalist seems like a worthy perk/status to "pay" for.

I have a bunch of SW points that I do not use, it's relatively cheap to fly to a location RT and fly back. I'm considering flying into Phoenix from Seattle for about 6K SW points, booking a 14 or less night stay at a Hyatt near/next to airport for $800-$1000 and leaving after a day or so.

Yes I understand it's a decent sum of money to waste. I've factored that in but considering I have 14+ days of vacation booked at the Hyatt in the next year, I look as it as a cheap upgrade for breakfast food and suites and/or any other things that come about.

I understand that they may check me out if I'm not there. Do they still charge the full amount in doing so? Is there any other risks to be aware of?

Thanks!
Old Jul 26, 2019, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
You may run into issues at the hotel - most now require staff to enter a room every single day. This is the result of the Vegas shootings. You could try to notify the hotel that you are leaving but do not want to check out in the event your "business" has you returning early.

Another thought is to do mattress runs to a local Hyatt that is less expensive. You can usually find good rates around holidays or slow season. I would do 2 nights at a time so I didn't have to worry about housekeeping having me checked out.

Or, you can simply use some of those SW miles to go for a long weekend somewhere there's an inexpensive Hyatt. Phoenix is actually good if you go before the end of the summer. You can stay 2 nights but book for 3, and chip some off that way. You can get stay credits in Vegas at MGM properties as well.

There's a whole lot of ways to get those nights without risking $1k.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SawBo
Hi Everyone,

Very long time lurker, for reviews and airline tips etc.

Currently I'm on the Hyatt Fast Track and have only 6 days booked and paid for.

I've been doing a worst case scenario and am considering a 2 week or less mattress run for Globalist for an upcoming vacation in Japan in 2020, along with other trips throughout the year with Hyatt.

So becoming a Globalist seems like a worthy perk/status to "pay" for.

I have a bunch of SW points that I do not use, it's relatively cheap to fly to a location RT and fly back. I'm considering flying into Phoenix from Seattle for about 6K SW points, booking a 14 or less night stay at a Hyatt near/next to airport for $800-$1000 and leaving after a day or so.

Yes I understand it's a decent sum of money to waste. I've factored that in but considering I have 14+ days of vacation booked at the Hyatt in the next year, I look as it as a cheap upgrade for breakfast food and suites and/or any other things that come about.

I understand that they may check me out if I'm not there. Do they still charge the full amount in doing so? Is there any other risks to be aware of?

Thanks!
You might think about going somewhere you at least would not mind visiting. Tons of cat 1s in Chicagoland. 5000 a night, 10% back promo right now. Or about $71 plus tax in the fall. Last year they were rebating 1500 per night at HH and HH. Some cat 1s near ORD, big shopping malls, Arboretum, etc.

Maybe you have a friend/relative/business associate near a cat 1 who could use a staycation.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 12:40 pm

Is it possible to use Club Lounge Access Awards with a Concur booking?

T&C seems to say you have to do it at time of reservation, but as far as I can tell, there's no way to do in corporate booking portals.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 2:07 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by nall
Is it possible to use Club Lounge Access Awards with a Concur booking?

T&C seems to say you have to do it at time of reservation, but as far as I can tell, there's no way to do in corporate booking portals.

i would say yes, as Concur will use the corp rate of your company and those typically are eligible rates. so just need to call hyatt and have it applied.

check out the main thread, too

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...ge-awards.html
Old Jul 28, 2019, 5:13 pm

As an Explorist how often should I expect to get an upgraded room that I booked on points? Is this only available at check-in or does Hyatt confirm any upgrades prior to arrival? I am staying as an Explorist for the first time at the Hotel Martinez in August. Thanks!
Old Jul 28, 2019, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ajg1002
As an Explorist how often should I expect to get an upgraded room that I booked on points? Is this only available at check-in or does Hyatt confirm any upgrades prior to arrival? I am staying as an Explorist for the first time at the Hotel Martinez in August. Thanks!
I'm Globalist and I am getting upgraded only about half the time at check-in. And most of the upgrades do not amount to much.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.