Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2019, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by WantOnlinePoker
In almost all cases this will prevent you from getting points/qualifying nights. Particularly if the website is Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, etc. The exceptions would be certain travel agents (virtuoso, prive) or possibly Visa Signature or Infinite hotel bookings.
Thank you; just wanted to be sure.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 8:47 am

If I book a hotel with a Virtuoso travel agent (not an OTA), can I upgrade to a suite or premium suite with points (assuming availability)?

This would be for the PH Milan, if that matters.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Morning Calm, Marriott Plat., Hyatt Globalist
Hyatt BRG Question

For non-refundable BRGs, should I book non-refundable & prepay rate on Hyatt? Would I be able to cancel the booking within 24 hours without penalty?

Could not find any verbatim around this on Hyatt booking pages. Thanks!
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:53 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by lovexylitol
For non-refundable BRGs, should I book non-refundable & prepay rate on Hyatt? Would I be able to cancel the booking within 24 hours without penalty?

Could not find any verbatim around this on Hyatt booking pages. Thanks!
I would advise against booking a non-refundable rate on Hyatt in the hope of getting a successful BRG. Even when you think you've got a dead certainty, Hyatt is just as likely to turn around and deny the claim for some obscure reason. Beyond that, by the time your claim is processed, things may have changed on the competitor's site anyway and screenshots are worth next to nothing. There is no 24 hour grace period with Hyatt that some Marriott properties have that I'm aware of.
lovexylitol likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 7:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, Morning Calm, Marriott Plat., Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by danger
I would advise against booking a non-refundable rate on Hyatt in the hope of getting a successful BRG. Even when you think you've got a dead certainty, Hyatt is just as likely to turn around and deny the claim for some obscure reason. Beyond that, by the time your claim is processed, things may have changed on the competitor's site anyway and screenshots are worth next to nothing. There is no 24 hour grace period with Hyatt that some Marriott properties have that I'm aware of.
Thanks! Perfect answer I was looking for.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by richarddd
If I book a hotel with a Virtuoso travel agent (not an OTA), can I upgrade to a suite or premium suite with points (assuming availability)?

This would be for the PH Milan, if that matters.
According to two Hyatt phone agents today, the cash room type/rate that is upgradeable with points to a suite is a room that can only be booked by calling Hyatt.

I had an email exchange with a Virtuoso agent who did not suggest that I could upgrade a room booked through the agent to a suite with points. The cost difference between the base room and the suite far exceeded the value of Virtuoso or Prive benefits plus 9,000 points.

To be clear, I'm referring to "Room upgrades on paid nights" on https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...-upgrades.html

In light of posts that a Virtuoso booked room can be upgraded with a DSU, this surprises me.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 8:29 am

My wife booked three Hyatt rooms in Japan through a travel agent. The travel agent used Expedia to make the booking. I have a few questions:

1) Can you receive points and stays for rooms booked through a third party?

2) Will the rooms need to be under my name to receive the points?

3) If I do not go on the trip would it be a problem for my wife and her family when they check in if the rooms are booked in my name?

4) Can I use an Explorist Club certificate on a room booked by a third party?

Thanks for your help!
Old Jun 13, 2019, 8:56 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by gillums
My wife booked three Hyatt rooms in Japan through a travel agent. The travel agent used Expedia to make the booking. I have a few questions:

1) Can you receive points and stays for rooms booked through a third party?

2) Will the rooms need to be under my name to receive the points?

3) If I do not go on the trip would it be a problem for my wife and her family when they check in if the rooms are booked in my name?

Thanks for your help!
1) no, not valid for points or tier credit. Why book through a TA who books through expedia? book directly w/hyatt.com, then under 2)
2) yes, if booked on hyatt.com in your name and paid by your CC, you receive points and tier credit. Points for 3 rooms, tier credit for 1 room (the room you are in). you must physically be there.
3) yes, problem, especially in Japan, in the US you may be lucky, but you will not receive any credit
4) This I do not know, but you would at least have to be present for sure in order to use.

Last edited by 59Impala; Jun 13, 2019 at 9:07 am
Old Jun 13, 2019, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by gillums
Originally Posted by 59Impala
4) This I do not know, but you would at least have to be present for sure in order to use.
Club Access Awards may be used only on an Eligible Rate, which excludes bookings made through other channels.

Club Access Award T&C:
Club Access Awards must be redeemed in connection with reservations with a checkout date before the expiration date. Club Access Awards must be redeemed in advance when making the underlying room reservation by calling 800.544.9288 or your nearest Hyatt Global Contact Center. Reservations for Club Access Award redemption are subject to availability. Club Access Awards are redeemable only at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts that have a Club lounge and are not valid at Miraval, Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Ziva, or Hyatt Residence Club hotels and resorts, Small Luxury Hotels of the World hotels, or M life Rewards destinations. Access to a hotel or resort’s Club lounge is subject to the individual hotel or resort's lounge maximum capacity. Club Access Awards are valid for access to the Club lounge on nights for which the Member has paid an Eligible Rate or has redeemed points for or has redeemed points for a standard-room Free Night Award, Suite Free Night Award, or a Points + Cash Award (as those terms are defined in the World of Hyatt program terms), up to a maximum of seven (7) consecutive nights. Not valid in connection with any Free Night Award other than those identified above, including, without limitation, Hyatt Credit Card premium and anniversary Free Night Awards, 5-brand Free Night Awards (as defined in the World of Hyatt program terms), or any other promotional Free Night Award. Breakfast will not be provided to a member at participating hotels or resorts without Club lounge access available. Club Access Awards are not redeemable in connection with hotels or resorts that have not yet opened when you make your reservation, even if reservations for such hotel or resort are otherwise being accepted. For complete terms and conditions of the World of Hyatt program, including additional terms applicable to the use of this award, see worldofhyatt.com/terms. Hyatt® and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and/or its affiliates.
From the WOH program rules (Appendix A, section 1.a.5):
“Ineligible Rates” are all rates other than Eligible Rates and include Free Night Awards (as defined in Appendix B), complimentary nights awarded in connection with Miraval’s Authentic Circle program, rooms booked on third-party online retailers (such as Expedia.com, Travelocity.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline.com, Tripadvisor.com, Inspirato.com, home-sharing sites, or any other third-party online/mobile travel portal or bookings made directly on Google.com and TripAdvisor Instant Book)
Old Jun 13, 2019, 10:02 am

Thank you both for your help. I wish my wife's family had just let me book directly through Hyatt. They are from Taiwan and it is still common there to use a travel agent for booking.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 2:34 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
How long do points from a cancelled reward stay take to redeposit? I was trying to book a September stay with a free night certificate and I accidentally used points. The points deducted, I cancelled the reservation, and they haven't been redeposited yet.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 3:44 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
How long do points from a cancelled reward stay take to redeposit? I was trying to book a September stay with a free night certificate and I accidentally used points. The points deducted, I cancelled the reservation, and they haven't been redeposited yet.
They should be re-credited instantly. I suggest you call and have them added back manually.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What have people seen for posting delays after SLH stays?

With real Hyatts, the stay usually posts as soon as I get the email and the final charge is pushed to my CC. Even when Hyatt was posting "slowly" and people were complaining about it, it was still within 3 days.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 9:39 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
What have people seen for posting delays after SLH stays?

With real Hyatts, the stay usually posts as soon as I get the email and the final charge is pushed to my CC. Even when Hyatt was posting "slowly" and people were complaining about it, it was still within 3 days.
my SLH stay posted within 3 days
Old Jun 26, 2019, 5:12 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
I am considering a 1-night stay at a Hyatt House hotel for the first time, mostly to get the brand ticked off my list to reach the free night award.

What is the breakfast there? Is it offered to all guests as part of the room rate? Therefore no Globalist benefits (besides bonus points) and consequently guest of honor benefits are not applicable either? Even without any benefit I think I should stay at least once at this brand for the free night award so the lack of benefits won't stop me, but I am just curious and need some educating.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.