Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2019, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wiivile
noob question: can i book a room for my friend visiting the same hotel on the same dates as me, using points from my explorist account, even if i am not staying in his room, as long i will be staying in the same hotel (different room) with him? do i have to note this on the reservation somewhere? will only my room be eligible for explorist benefits?
This is specifically allowed by the terms.

Only your room should get benefits, but many hotel will extend them to all the rooms. You will get points for all rooms (if anything is charged to the rooms) but only qualifying night credit for the room you occupy.

8. Multiple Rooms. A Member may earn points for up to three (3) rooms per night (Member’s room and two (2) additional rooms) within the same hotel or resort. The Member must be a registered guest, occupy at least one of the rooms, and pay an Eligible Rate for all applicable rooms. The Member will earn Base Points for each of the rooms, but the Member will only earn Tier-Qualifying Nights (defined in Appendix C) for one (1) room. In addition, only the room occupied by the Member will count toward current Program promotions and receive Program benefits and services. The occupant(s) of the additional room(s) will not receive points (or any partner credit offered to Members in lieu of points).

Also, you can book an award night for anyone, even if you are not there (though you won't get any credit for it)
Old May 13, 2019, 4:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I’m Explorist. If I’m using a club access award but will not be on the club floor, can I check in at the club?

Last edited by Stgermainparis; May 13, 2019 at 9:50 pm
Old May 13, 2019, 7:46 pm

Programs: DL Gold, B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, CET 7*, MLIFE Plat, Cosmo Gold
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I’m Explorist. If I’m using a club access award but will not be on the club floor, can I check it at the club?
As long as your room is booked with club access or using a club access award, you'll get access to it. Many club rooms are not actually on club floors.
Old May 13, 2019, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Quick Q - which Hyatt free nights last 180 days and which last 1 year?

I *think* the CC ones ($15K spend / annual night) are the full year ones, and ones like the 5 brand / Explorist / Globalist ones are the 180 night ones, but not totally sure...thanks.
My experience is:
Explorist cat 1-4 cert - 180 days
5 brand - 1 yr
15k spend - 1 yr
Old May 13, 2019, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WantOnlinePoker
My experience is:
Explorist cat 1-4 cert - 180 days
5 brand - 1 yr
15k spend - 1 yr
Thanks - I will get my 10 brand (only 4 months of stays!) in a couple days and 15k next month, so will corroborate
Old May 13, 2019, 9:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by easy_money
As long as your room is booked with club access or using a club access award, you'll get access to it. Many club rooms are not actually on club floors.
By “it”, do you mean club check in?
Old May 14, 2019, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just to be clear, note that you don't necessarily get a club room (regardless of floor) -- just club access.

There's another thread about this (and that's in huge letters at the top of the wiki)

As globalist I've never once bothered to check in at the club or lounge. The FD is right there -- it's always seemed easier. Maybe if there was a long line at the WoH line... there never seems to be. The wait is almost always less time than it would take to get to the club.

If my room isn't ready, I will ask for a key to access the lounge while I wait, though (they should proactively offer it, but, if they don't, definitely request it)
Old May 14, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: AA Platinum 4MM; Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
I am a new Explorist, with AA status match. I am trying to book a HR with points for four nights, and had thought that at three nights, I get a free night. But the reservation shows 60,000 points, 15,000 per night. Am I simply mistaken in my understanding?

Thanks,
--woodstock
Old May 14, 2019, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JoeWoodstock
I am a new Explorist, with AA status match. I am trying to book a HR with points for four nights, and had thought that at three nights, I get a free night. But the reservation shows 60,000 points, 15,000 per night. Am I simply mistaken in my understanding?

Thanks,
--woodstock
There was (is?) a promo for “buy 3, get 1” for cash at some hotels, but it is not a standard feature of Hyatt, definitely not with points.
Old May 14, 2019, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Just to be clear, note that you don't necessarily get a club room (regardless of floor) -- just club access.

There's another thread about this (and that's in huge letters at the top of the wiki)

As globalist I've never once bothered to check in at the club or lounge. The FD is right there -- it's always seemed easier. Maybe if there was a long line at the WoH line... there never seems to be. The wait is almost always less time than it would take to get to the club.

If my room isn't ready, I will ask for a key to access the lounge while I wait, though (they should proactively offer it, but, if they don't, definitely request it)
Yes, I am aware that club access doesn’t mean club room. I’ve used 8 club access awards in the past and just checked in at the desk.

I’m asking a different and specific question: if I’m using a club access award as an Explorist, can I check in at the club.

Last edited by Stgermainparis; May 14, 2019 at 11:53 am
Old May 16, 2019, 8:27 am

New to the forum, I have some Chase UR points, and was thinking of transferring it to hyatt and then book a room for a night at the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake resort, its showing $499 for a sa-sun but only 15,000 points, Is this a good use of the points?
Old May 16, 2019, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Only you can make that decision regarding how you value the points. 15k is a decent redemption for a resort property.

However, keep in mind that there isn't a whole lot to do in the area and the place is overrun with kids in the summer. Lots of people from the DC area go there for the weekend.
Old May 16, 2019, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Certainly if you want to go to that particular hotel, I'd rather pay 15k pts than $500.

Also keep in mind that pts redemptions don't have taxes added to them -- this is likely to be close to a 4c redemption.
Old May 16, 2019, 5:20 pm

Programs: DL Gold, B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, CET 7*, MLIFE Plat, Cosmo Gold
Also, no resort fees with points redemption.
Old May 16, 2019, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So, it looks like this resort has a $35 resort fee, and 13.5% taxes added.

So that $499 rate will cost you $601.37.

So, yeah, 15k pts is a hair over 4c per pt. This is certainly a good use of Hyatt pts.

Whether it's a good use of Chase pts depends on how many you have and what you can do with them. I'd say that most people would be quite happy to get 4c/pt with Chase UR, so, yes, it's a good by most metrics.

If you don't have anything better to do with the points, you can do this confidently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.