Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:56 am

Left clothes at ziva cancun - help with retrieval (long)

Just returned from 6 night stay at ziva cancun.
dh globalist and had 2 rooms booked with points
had some medical issues and night prior to departure had daughter seen by ziva me for fee.
initially doctor was strongly suggesting Libby go to hospital, (Not sure if that would have just been er visit... dehydration , not clear if it was viral or food related since husband started having symptoms after MD left room. Libby has anxiety and was concerned there might be "issues" at hospital. She had one terrifying experience years ago and was fearful there might be repeat. MD understood, gave prescription and shot. We also needed to check out The next day since 98 yo FIL had just been put on hospice and we knew that it was going tobe matter of hours. Had some issues coordinating getting medication with concierge (Mike is globalist btw, though it didn't help for much) and took several hours for it to be delivered.
next morning was panic rush to leave hotel. Mike was concerned about flying (6+ hr travel and access to lavs) but since on points didn't want to burn 50k for night. This was first time we didn't get insurance (Long story) and since we split ressie between airlines it would have been too complicated
hastily packed up. Bags were getting heavy. Nobody was helping me and I started to try balancimg weight. Rushed out of room (oh, the phones weren't working that morning, only hitting emergency) so we lugged bags to front desk to officially check out. Ask 26 yo son to check room to see if anything was left to throw in bag. Learned lesson since he bately looked. Didn't know we had to give exit slip to bellman.
in rush we left libbys med cassette in room as well as 2 bathing suits. Realized on drive to CUN but at that time Mike got call that his father had just passed and was receiving funeral instructions.
Yesterday contacted ziva to see if they found med cassette. Transferred to concierge who put on hold and said yes, you did leave items. Send email request and they will email back photos of belongings. She said I'd need to get prepaid shipping label from carrier and they would pack items for pickup.
fast forward several hours. Contacted UPS and FedEx. Set up accounts. It seems they need package and items to be brought and packed at their office concierge was insistent that i needed to arrange pickup.
what am I to do? We are planning to go back next Dec on points. I wonder if they would have been more helpful if it was revenue stay?
on another note at check in I asked to see GM since we had met previously at ziva PV (opening week) and just wanted to say hello. Saw him around property a few times and spoke how pleased we were.
what would you suggest I do. The meds aren't an issue. It's more my one bathing suit. I'm "fluffy", the suit is old (prob 20+ year) but it's comfortable and doesn't look hideous.
last call to UPS ended with them saying even if prepaid label etc because of examing contents package can't just be picked up at hotel.
any suggestions would be appreciated
Tia
Carolyn
PS sorry for novel.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: HYATT Globalist Alaska 100k
Originally Posted by opiuman
Last page had the same question. Shouldn't count.T&C has...

Any night other than as described above will not be considered an M life-Eligible Night, including, without limitation, any nights booked under one of the following booking types or rates: M life Rewards destination complimentary room nights...

Also stays longer than 15 nights don't count.
Thank you for your reply. Same exact question was right above me. Surprise!

I still do have a sneaky suspicion that zero dollar room rate + resort fees does trigger QN.
I am surprised to find stays longer than 15 nights don't count.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I'd ready to make at least a partial defection to Hyatt...but they aren't making it easy:
- no active status matches
- denied w/the Hyatt Visa due to 5/24

I am massively dissatisfied w/Marriott (join the crowd, I know), but I'm also not willing to start from scratch w/Hyatt.

Any creative suggestions?
Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA *G. DL ̶G̶O̶L̶D̶ Member, Hilton/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
I'm new to Hyatt but have Discoverist through a card.

We're making a vacation out of a conference. I'd rather not have my reimbursement receipt show a suite or the suite rate.

Is there any way to ask for a receipt for a regular room and rate even though I booked a suite?

Worst case I can try booking 2 adjoining rooms but the suite would be cheaper than 2 rooms and more convenient for our family.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 4:23 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by AceReport
I'm new to Hyatt but have Discoverist through a card.

We're making a vacation out of a conference. I'd rather not have my reimbursement receipt show a suite or the suite rate.

Is there any way to ask for a receipt for a regular room and rate even though I booked a suite?

Worst case I can try booking 2 adjoining rooms but the suite would be cheaper than 2 rooms and more convenient for our family.
The Receipt does not typically mention the room type in my experience.
AceReport likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
my hyatt points are set to expire in february. i made a purchase of 1000 points on december 29th to keep them alive, and the points posted immediately, but my expiration date hasn't changed. do i need to call, or just be more patient? TIA.

edited to add: i called; the agent said that it's confusing on the website, but my points actually aren't expiring, just tier status changing at the end of february. would be nice if that was more clear, but perhaps this'll help someone else.

Last edited by karenkay; Jan 7, 2019 at 10:55 am Reason: answer my own question
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by karenkay
my hyatt points are set to expire in february. i made a purchase of 1000 points on december 29th to keep them alive, and the points posted immediately, but my expiration date hasn't changed. do i need to call, or just be more patient? TIA.

edited to add: i called; the agent said that it's confusing on the website, but my points actually aren't expiring, just tier status changing at the end of february. would be nice if that was more clear, but perhaps this'll help someone else.
I think that the website is pretty clear that the status is expiring, not the points.

In case anyone is wondering, points do expire after 24 months of inactivity.

And, straight from the T&C:

How can I keep my account active?

You can remain active in World of Hyatt in the following ways:

i. Receive points (earned on eligible stay/spend at a participating Hyatt or M life Rewards destination, etc.)
ii. Redeem points (free night stays, room upgrades, Dining, Spa & More, Avis car rentals, etc.)
iii. Receive credit with a travel partner or M life Rewards Tier Credits for a stay at a Hyatt hotel or resort
iv. Gift eligible awards to another member (as permitted under the World of Hyatt terms)
v. Convert points into miles/credit with a travel partner
vi. Purchase points
vii. Combine points with another World of Hyatt member’s account
viii. Have an active Hyatt Credit Card associated with your World of Hyatt account
Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by cmjaffe
Just returned from 6 night stay at ziva cancun.
I am sorry for you family's loss. If the items are truly important to you, I would attempt to contact the GM of the property (phone preferred since emails can get looked over) and explain the issue as succintly as possible. See if it is possible as a gesture of goodwill to have them bring it to the courier for inspection before shipment. Assuming your husband is a full fledged globalist, see if he can also try leveraging his personal Hyatt concierge to assist with this request.

If the items are not critical/incredibly sentimental, consider it an opportunity to get a new swimsuit for your next trip.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I'd ready to make at least a partial defection to Hyatt...but they aren't making it easy:
- no active status matches
- denied w/the Hyatt Visa due to 5/24

I am massively dissatisfied w/Marriott (join the crowd, I know), but I'm also not willing to start from scratch w/Hyatt.

Any creative suggestions?
Nothing creative bar the CC, which you already stated you are not eligible for. FWIW, there's no significant benefit at the lower tiers that is really any different from tiers below Starriott Plat, especially if you stay more at HH/HPs.

Best to hope for a Q2 tier offer for accelerated status and that your company is targeted for it.

EDIT: Theoretically, if you had a UR earning CC, you could M$ points and do local mattress running by using Cat1 awards. But even at 5x UR, that's still $1k of M$ per free night, plus fees.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Credit card info wiped?

I just booked a room (20k pts per night when the member rate was $573... around $650 after taxes.... great redemption!) and my credit card information was wiped from my profile (I had 2 credit cards saved there before). I had to re-enter the info. Has this happened to anyone else?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:55 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I just booked a room (20k pts per night when the member rate was $573... around $650 after taxes.... great redemption!) and my credit card information was wiped from my profile (I had 2 credit cards saved there before). I had to re-enter the info. Has this happened to anyone else?
About a week or 10 days ago I tried to make a number of reservations, both through the app and on the website, and all of my stored credit cards have disappeared also. I've had to re-enter them. Hyatt's IT being the way it is, I wouldn't be surprised if someone has stolen all the details and Hyatt isn't even aware of it.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:04 am

Hyatt Award Booking for a Family Member

Can I book an award night with Hyatt (using my points) for a family member who will be traveling outside the country?

It will be for one night but I need to use my points to book an award night for a family member.

(I read up on this on other sites but I get conflicting reports).
Old Jan 14, 2019, 9:19 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by jedaero
Can I book an award night with Hyatt (using my points) for a family member who will be traveling outside the country?

It will be for one night but I need to use my points to book an award night for a family member.

(I read up on this on other sites but I get conflicting reports).
yes you can. If you are a Globalist, then you can do the "guest of honor" reservation, and the guests will get the same perks as you.
you need to call reservations for this type of transaction
Old Jan 15, 2019, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Yup - I noticed my credit card info was wiped when making a reservation a few days ago. However, it seems to be only temporary, I tried a few days later, and all my saved info was back.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 3:03 am

Programs: BA Gold
Ive just made a reservation on a MEMBER RATE ADVANCE PURCHASE, which does not allow cancellation. is there any "cooling off" period during which you can cancel or make amendments?

I only want to add on lounge access, thats all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.