Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2018, 7:40 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by kdogfister
Really stupid question I'm sure, but is it possible to book a room for my spouse and daughter using my Hyatt points? Have an April booking at PHNYC that I can't travel for now, but spouse and daughter would still like to go. Can I switch existing or cancel and rebook for them instead of the three of us?

Many thanks for your expertise all.
Yes, call Hyatt reservations and they can easily set up the booking.

If you have status in Hyatt's program, they can set up a "Guest of Honor" booking which gives your guests the same perks / privileges that you would have received.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 12:25 pm

Programs: Southwest, National, Enterprise, Hertz, United, American
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Yes, call Hyatt reservations and they can easily set up the booking.
Couldn't have been easier! Phone rep handled in 30 seconds and had an email confirmation 15 minutes later.

I did notice that the Hyatt points were posted back to my account which makes me nervous, but the reservation is still showing under my wife's name. We'll see if Hyatt pulls the points back once it all gets sorted out?
Old Dec 28, 2018, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can book a room for whoever you want using your points

If you are a Globalist, call them and ask them to make it a Guest of Honor booking, and they will get the same Globalist benefits that you would.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 6:29 pm

Programs: HYATT Globalist Alaska 100k
Mlife-related question(s)
Does anyone know if a comped stay paying only resort fees at mlife will earn QN with Hyatt?
More specifically, I am looking at five night stay at Mandalay Bay with zero rates but $40ish per night resort fee and tax will be added each night.
I could probably get those resort fees comped after spending some time playing but if the answer to this question is yes, I would much rather just pay 40 per night especially when they are running some promos.

From my past experiences, zero dollar folio after mlife stay (everything was comped out) did still post in my Hyatt account but with zero eligible night.
I vaguely remember having completely free night($0 for that night) during a stay and still earning full QNs - it was sandwiched between paid nights or something
Old Dec 30, 2018, 10:17 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Any Rebate site is actually offering cashback for Hyatt reservations?

Old Dec 31, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: CX MPC GO; Golden Circle nobody!
Quick but very important and yet dumb question!

I am two nights from renewing, and obviously tonight is the last night of the calendar year. Can I do two stays in the same vicinities or even the same hotel!?
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:28 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by nsolitude
Quick but very important and yet dumb question!

I am two nights from renewing, and obviously tonight is the last night of the calendar year. Can I do two stays in the same vicinities or even the same hotel!?
typically not... but you can try. I succeeded once, but the 2nd checkout was a longer stay and occured after the other stay got credited.
from what I understand though since this year is that checkout must occur on 12/31 so the stay gets credited for 2018.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:53 pm

Programs: CX MPC GO; Golden Circle nobody!
Originally Posted by 59Impala

typically not... but you can try. I succeeded once, but the 2nd checkout was a longer stay and occured after the other stay got credited.
from what I understand though since this year is that checkout must occur on 12/31 so the stay gets credited for 2018.
Thank you so much 59Impala! This is certainly bad news because for airline miles they typically count the day of departure!
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:53 am

Benefits timing after qualifying

Hi - stupid question here but I couldn't find an answer. If I qualify for Globalist in April 2019, do I immediately get Globalist perks starting April through the end of 2020? Or do those benefits start in 2020 after qualifying in 2019? Thanks for your help!
Old Jan 1, 2019, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Austin Popplewell
Hi - stupid question here but I couldn't find an answer. If I qualify for Globalist in April 2019, do I immediately get Globalist perks starting April through the end of 2020? Or do those benefits start in 2020 after qualifying in 2019? Thanks for your help!
Yes, you get them immediately. Of course you only get one set of (4) suite upgrades (which will expire Feb 28, 2021) and your Cat 7 night which will expire sooner (6 months from April). But you'll likely learn four more suite awards if you keep staying, at 70, 80, 90, and 100 nights.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 10:08 am

Question about how strict Hyatt is with only allowing 4 people in a room. I'm looking at taking the family to the Hyatt Clearwater Beach in June, and there is my wife and I, our 2 kids (2 years each), and my mother-in-law. We are looking at using points for the stay, and if I say there are 5 of us when I go to reserve online, the points rooms aren't available for us. But, if I switch it to just 4 people, the points rooms appear with no problem. I'm just wondering, can I say there are only 4 of us, and then still have 5 of us in the room? I've even thought about checking-in by myself and then having my wife and MIL bring the kids inside like they were previously checked-in just to not raise suspicions.

Thanks!
Old Jan 1, 2019, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by crashvt2003
Question about how strict Hyatt is with only allowing 4 people in a room. I'm looking at taking the family to the Hyatt Clearwater Beach in June, and there is my wife and I, our 2 kids (2 years each), and my mother-in-law. We are looking at using points for the stay, and if I say there are 5 of us when I go to reserve online, the points rooms aren't available for us. But, if I switch it to just 4 people, the points rooms appear with no problem. I'm just wondering, can I say there are only 4 of us, and then still have 5 of us in the room? I've even thought about checking-in by myself and then having my wife and MIL bring the kids inside like they were previously checked-in just to not raise suspicions.

Thanks!
US properties usually aren't super picky, European and Asian properties are a different story altogether. I've got a family of 5 with small children, so we do this all the time (banking on pretty regular courtesy suite upgrades per status).

With such young children, I wouldn't worry at all but you can call the property anonymously, tell them the ages and ask them. WoH is also more than to call them while you're on hold if you call in to make a reservation.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 10:55 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Preserve account and points with Chase UR transfer?

My World of Hyatt account and points are set to expire in a few weeks if I don't engage in some account activity. Can I keep my account open and save my points by transferring some of my Chase Ultimate Rewards points into my Hyatt account? I could not find a clear answer to this question on the World of Hyatt FAQ page....
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by SilentBopper
My World of Hyatt account and points are set to expire in a few weeks if I don't engage in some account activity. Can I keep my account open and save my points by transferring some of my Chase Ultimate Rewards points into my Hyatt account? I could not find a clear answer to this question on the World of Hyatt FAQ page....
Should be.

Active Members can remain active in the Program by (i) receiving points via authorized means, (ii) receiving credits with a partner in the Program for a stay at a Hyatt hotel or resort, (iii) redeeming points (and, if applicable, completing any reservation for which such points were redeemed), (iv) gifting a Program award (in accordance with these Terms), (v) converting points to Partner Loyalty Points (as defined in Appendix B), (vi) purchasing or combining points, or (vii) having a valid Hyatt co-branded credit card (“Hyatt Credit Card”) associated with the Member’s Program account.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by Alexsth2011
Mlife-related question(s)
Does anyone know if a comped stay paying only resort fees at mlife will earn QN with Hyatt?
More specifically, I am looking at five night stay at Mandalay Bay with zero rates but $40ish per night resort fee and tax will be added each night.
I could probably get those resort fees comped after spending some time playing but if the answer to this question is yes, I would much rather just pay 40 per night especially when they are running some promos.

From my past experiences, zero dollar folio after mlife stay (everything was comped out) did still post in my Hyatt account but with zero eligible night.
I vaguely remember having completely free night($0 for that night) during a stay and still earning full QNs - it was sandwiched between paid nights or something
Last page had the same question. Shouldn't count.T&C has...

Any night other than as described above will not be considered an M life-Eligible Night, including, without limitation, any nights booked under one of the following booking types or rates: M life Rewards destination complimentary room nights...

Also stays longer than 15 nights don't count.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.