Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2018, 11:08 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I know that this has been discussed here recently, but I can't find it.

I'm globalist and want to book a "member advance rate". The hotel has a destination fee, which I should not have to pay. But, the website and app do not recognize this, and always include the fee. That's fine when I'm just leaving a deposit, but, in this case, the full amount is billed to my credit card now... how do I get the fee refunded?
I think you may be stuck with paying the destination fee up front. Then, at the hotel, ask the front desk to remove the destination fee because you're a globalist ... and nicely ask them to make sure to also remove the fee for the first night (which was already paid but which is not actually owed). So, although the initial deposit is incorrect, the final total will be adjusted and correct.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For the advance rate, I think they charge the whole thing up-front.

I don't mind paying it up-front, so long as I get it refunded. I probably won't have anything on my folio so there will be nothing for it to offset -- it will have to be a refund.

Anyway I already booked it so we'll see what happens when I check out.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 5:38 pm

Looking for a little advice, Im planning on using 90K points to book the Hyatt Park Sydney in April of this next year, I have a Hyatt account so I guess obviously I just need to link it and move my points over from my UR account. I guess my only concern is if there's no availability, if Im searching for award availability and it shows as bookable am I good? Figured Id ask because I obviously can't go back once transferred.

Also, with award bookings at Hyatt anything else I need to be aware of? For example are there taxes or other fees I need to pay or???

Also, stupid question but if my ticket lists Arrival as "Arrival Day +2" Im assuming if I for example left on April 15th I would arrive in Australia on April 17th correct?

TIA

Last edited by choff5507; Dec 11, 2018 at 5:55 pm
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:48 am

Programs: KLM PLAT, Qatar PLAT, AA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by choff5507
Looking for a little advice, Im planning on using 90K points to book the Hyatt Park Sydney in April of this next year, I have a Hyatt account so I guess obviously I just need to link it and move my points over from my UR account. I guess my only concern is if there's no availability, if Im searching for award availability and it shows as bookable am I good? Figured Id ask because I obviously can't go back once transferred.

Also, with award bookings at Hyatt anything else I need to be aware of? For example are there taxes or other fees I need to pay or???

Also, stupid question but if my ticket lists Arrival as "Arrival Day +2" Im assuming if I for example left on April 15th I would arrive in Australia on April 17th correct?

TIA

there is always a risk that the nights disappear while the transfer is taking place (limited availability) but in general you should be ok as long as the points nights you need are showing as available.

regarding the time change better check google on that one as it’s a bit tricky
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:57 am

Programs: KLM PLAT, Qatar PLAT, AA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, IHG Plat
Roll over days and re-Qualification

i thought I heard the Hyatt would start a roll over program when you go above a threshold but don’t make the next one. Since the recent changes are the requalifications for status still based on the calendar year or based on the qualification year (say you qualified in May 2018 for example.

the same question for the gift (TSU/10k points) every 10 nights above 60 (I’m at 80 at the moment but will easily do another 20 in jan/feb) does the counter reset December 31st?
Old Dec 12, 2018, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by choff5507
Ensure you actually click through to the hotel (not just the overview page of all hotels in Sydney) and make sure you can actually see that the award is bookable. You should be on the page where it gives you a summary of the total points owed, asks you to login/fill out preliminary information, etc. You will see an error on top that you don't have enough points.

Fortunately, the transfer of UR to Hyatt is near instantaneous, happens in under 10 minutes usually. Of course, there is a slight chance that availability will disappear in this time lag, but it is improbable.

There are usually no other fees, other than incidentals (parking, etc). Depending on the city or country, you may be asked to pay taxes that are not included in the award booking, but they are usually nominal (PH Milan does this). I can't speak to Sydney specifically.

Generally speaking, correct. If you check your airline ticket, it will typically list the date of arrival explicitly. You can usually hover over the "+2" to tell you for sure.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by tearex
Ensure you actually click through to the hotel (not just the overview page of all hotels in Sydney) and make sure you can actually see that the award is bookable. You should be on the page where it gives you a summary of the total points owed, asks you to login/fill out preliminary information, etc. You will see an error on top that you don't have enough points.

Fortunately, the transfer of UR to Hyatt is near instantaneous, happens in under 10 minutes usually. Of course, there is a slight chance that availability will disappear in this time lag, but it is improbable.

There are usually no other fees, other than incidentals (parking, etc). Depending on the city or country, you may be asked to pay taxes that are not included in the award booking, but they are usually nominal (PH Milan does this). I can't speak to Sydney specifically.

Generally speaking, correct. If you check your airline ticket, it will typically list the date of arrival explicitly. You can usually hover over the "+2" to tell you for sure.
I was able to book the room I needed for 3 nights. Transfer was essentially immediate and I verified that I got the point error before transferring. Overall very straight forward, appreciate the info!
Old Dec 18, 2018, 6:21 pm

Programs: BA Exec GGL CCR, Emirates Skywards Platinum
Hello, was wondering if someone could answer this question. I have about 66000 base points this year and 35 night. I was thinking of qualifying for Globalist on the basis of points by booking a double your points rate. Am I correct in assuming that I will only need to spend approximately 3400 USD (including incidentals, excluding taxes) in order to achieve the higher status? Thank you.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:21 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by rk388
Hello, was wondering if someone could answer this question. I have about 66000 base points this year and 35 night. I was thinking of qualifying for Globalist on the basis of points by booking a double your points rate. Am I correct in assuming that I will only need to spend approximately 3400 USD (including incidentals, excluding taxes) in order to achieve the higher status? Thank you.
The "double your points" does not double the base points you'll earn for the stay. You'd need to double your spend, to about $6800, to qualify on spend. Even if the $3400 was sufficient to get to Glob, what do you see getting in return for the spend? That would pay for a lot of suites, breakfasts, and parking ...
Old Dec 18, 2018, 9:12 pm

Programs: BA Exec GGL CCR, Emirates Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by skj
The "double your points" does not double the base points you'll earn for the stay. You'd need to double your spend, to about $6800, to qualify on spend. Even if the $3400 was sufficient to get to Glob, what do you see getting in return for the spend? That would pay for a lot of suites, breakfasts, and parking ...
Thank you for that, much appreciated. Was hoping for lounge access, upgrades and 4 pm check-out. Those are the reasons I stick to Marriott as a Platinum Premier. I have 140 nights with them this year but was hoping to have a foot in both ponds, so to speak, as I could comfortably shift 60 nights to Hyatt and retain status with Marriott/SPG. However at $6800 USD, it’s too steep a cost for me to find value.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
I've searched for this answer and cannot find it, so thought I would ask here.

I have a stay in Vegas that is comped from an Mlife promotion. I'll still have to pay the resort fee, but the room rate is comped. My WOH and Mlife accounts are linked, but the stay was booked directly with the Mlife promotion

Assuming I give them my WOH number at checkin, does anyone know if I'll get Hyatt night credit for the stay?
Old Dec 20, 2018, 6:28 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Dear All

on your experience, any possibility to get Hyatt higher status match with amex Plat or Accor Plat ?

Thanks 🙏😊
Old Dec 20, 2018, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rk388

Thank you for that, much appreciated. Was hoping for lounge access, upgrades and 4 pm check-out. Those are the reasons I stick to Marriott as a Platinum Premier. I have 140 nights with them this year but was hoping to have a foot in both ponds, so to speak, as I could comfortably shift 60 nights to Hyatt and retain status with Marriott/SPG. However at $6800 USD, it’s too steep a cost for me to find value.
Just to clarify, the requirements are 60 nights OR 100k base pts. So if you shift 60 nights to Hyatt, it doesn't matter how much you spend.

If you just want to buy the status this year, there are some Hyatt partners that give 10 base pts per dollar spent (Exhale and FIND experiences). Both are horribly overpriced so you should have no problem spending $3400
Old Dec 25, 2018, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant
I've searched for this answer and cannot find it, so thought I would ask here.

I have a stay in Vegas that is comped from an Mlife promotion. I'll still have to pay the resort fee, but the room rate is comped. My WOH and Mlife accounts are linked, but the stay was booked directly with the Mlife promotion

Assuming I give them my WOH number at checkin, does anyone know if I'll get Hyatt night credit for the stay?
A comped room is not a "M life-Eligible Night" so you will not earn Hyatt tier-qualifying nights for your stay.

Source:
https://help.hyatt.com/en/hyatt-term...rms.html#/IIID
Old Dec 27, 2018, 10:08 pm

Programs: Southwest, National, Enterprise, Hertz, United, American
Booking for spouse

Really stupid question I'm sure, but is it possible to book a room for my spouse and daughter using my Hyatt points? Have an April booking at PHNYC that I can't travel for now, but spouse and daughter would still like to go. Can I switch existing or cancel and rebook for them instead of the three of us?

Many thanks for your expertise all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.