Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2018, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by aradisc
Take a look at the room types available in each tab: the 17,000 is for rooms "with Club Access". 12,000 is the standard rate for a regular room at a Cat 3 like the HR Tokyo.
I did not know that, so many thanks for enlightening me. It makes sense. Now I have to figure out if lounge access at the Hyatt Regency Tokyo is worth an additional 5000 points per night. This is my
first time at a Hyatt. I am not sure about breakfast for WOH members, so maybe the lounge offers breakfast? Says a lot about first world problems, doesn't it?
Old Nov 13, 2018, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by Exleftseat
I did not know that, so many thanks for enlightening me. It makes sense. Now I have to figure out if lounge access at the Hyatt Regency Tokyo is worth an additional 5000 points per night. This is my
first time at a Hyatt. I am not sure about breakfast for WOH members, so maybe the lounge offers breakfast? Says a lot about first world problems, doesn't it?
Lounge offers breakfast as well as afternoon cocktails and snacks, last I checked. Check recent posts in HR Tokyo thread for any changes. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...er-thread.html 5000 points is pretty steep, but probably worth it for two people, especially if you stretch the cocktail hour into a mini meal, as frugal folks such as myself sometimes do.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum-2 MM Starwood Plat,Delta DM
If I book a standard room for cash what is the cost in points per night to upgrade to a suite?
I dont trust the Hyatt reps on the phone. The ones I get typically dont seem to knowledgeable about these things. You have to repeat things 5 times.

Thanks
Robert
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:31 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
I have a question.

i have a prepaid reservation through November 30 and another reservation at the same property November 30+

I am currently at 35 Hyatt nights but still a discoverist (Hyatt cannot upgrade me until after check out). The Nov 30 + reservation is for two weeks, so the explorist room upgrade and lounge access would be nice.

Hypothetically, if I checked out November 27 and returned on the 30th- if the stay does not post automatically in those 72 hours, would Hyatt manually add the stay to my account by Nov 30 check in? I don’t need to be here nov27-30 so just trying to leverage my new status.. thanks
Old Nov 16, 2018, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
I have a question.

i have a prepaid reservation through November 30 and another reservation at the same property November 30+

I am currently at 35 Hyatt nights but still a discoverist (Hyatt cannot upgrade me until after check out). The Nov 30 + reservation is for two weeks, so the explorist room upgrade and lounge access would be nice.

Hypothetically, if I checked out November 27 and returned on the 30th- if the stay does not post automatically in those 72 hours, would Hyatt manually add the stay to my account by Nov 30 check in? I don’t need to be here nov27-30 so just trying to leverage my new status.. thanks
The stay will likely post in those 72 hours and I think hyatt (or the property) could help if it doesn't. However, I don't know how long until after they post that the status change occurs in the system and I suspect it'll take another few days at least for the lounge certs to hit.

I'd reach out to WoH central first, explanation the situation and see if they can / will do anything. Back when I was just starting up with Hyatt, they noted a pending change in status (platinum under hyatt gold passport) on a reservation for me while I waited for it to post from getting the Hyatt credit card. I got a minor room bump, free internet, etc.

I'd also reach out the property and explain the situation. They may be willing to accommodate you, especially given how long you're staying there. Again, before I had status, one property comp'd me lounge access as a courtesy. Or they may be willing to extend you access and pull the cert later during the stay when it arrives in your account.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Southwest A List
I will be staying at the Hyatt Regency Tokyo in the spring. I'm planning to book three nights with points, and one night with the free night cert that comes with 30-night explorist status. If I combine those nights into one booking, can I use the Explorist club upgrade for all four nights? Normally the terms don't allow use of the club upgrade on free night awards...
Old Nov 17, 2018, 7:57 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by thepostalservice
I will be staying at the Hyatt Regency Tokyo in the spring. I'm planning to book three nights with points, and one night with the free night cert that comes with 30-night explorist status. If I combine those nights into one booking, can I use the Explorist club upgrade for all four nights? Normally the terms don't allow use of the club upgrade on free night awards...
That should be possible, yes, call CS and have the reservations combined, then apply the award
Old Nov 17, 2018, 12:04 pm

Programs: BA
I have Explorist Club Upgrades I want to use (Grand Hyatt Rio de Janeiro) and a Cat 1-4 free night. But my understanding is that if I book four nights at this hotel for example, and one of the nights is a free night certificate, I can't use a Clup Upgrade, correct? Wonder if the Club Upgrade is even worth it then.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 1:08 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Newbie question.

I know Hyatt won't charge resort fee on free reward nights. But how about the free nights from point redemption? I'm not sure if this is considered free reward night.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun
Newbie question.

I know Hyatt won't charge resort fee on free reward nights. But how about the free nights from point redemption? I'm not sure if this is considered free reward night.
No resort fee on pure points (i.e., not points and cash), same as free reward night.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 2:27 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by ClarkGriswold
No resort fee on pure points (i.e., not points and cash), same as free reward night.
This is nice.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: N/A
Have any folks here subsidized or taken subsidies for stays under another individuals account?

If so, who ends up paying in the end, is the guest expected to place his or her card down before or during check-in? And what are typical subsidies (costs/payments per night) you have seen in the market?

Thanks!
Old Nov 29, 2018, 2:57 pm

DO bookings through Chase's UR portal get credited as a "stay" or get linked up to other bonuses for stays such as the american airlines 1000 mile bonus promo.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
“The Vault is currently Unavailable”

I was just placing a reservation with points, and got this message, when I hit proceed to payment. “The Vault is currently Unavailable.” I have never seen that before. Hope there’s not a problem.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 11:51 am

Newbie Globalist Question--

I need to reserve 2 rooms with points. Should I book the 2 rooms under my name or do a Guest of Honor Booking for the 2nd room? Is one way more advantageous? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.