Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Old Oct 29, 2018, 10:53 am

I am sort of baffled on this one. Booking Hyatt Regency with points and it comes up as "redeem points with 17,000 points" and another one as "World of Hyatt free night with 12,000 points".
My status is Discoverist through the new credit card. Can I click on the 12,000 points without doing something wrong?
Old Oct 29, 2018, 11:52 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by Exleftseat
I am sort of baffled on this one. Booking Hyatt Regency with points and it comes up as "redeem points with 17,000 points" and another one as "World of Hyatt free night with 12,000 points".
My status is Discoverist through the new credit card. Can I click on the 12,000 points without doing something wrong?
That's weird... would help if you gave the hotel and dates to cross check. Could it be that one room is the standard room, and the other is Regency Club?
Old Oct 29, 2018, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by 59Impala
That's weird... would help if you gave the hotel and dates to cross check. Could it be that one room is the standard room, and the other is Regency Club?
I booked the hotel clicking on the 12,000 free night tab and it confirmed the reservation. We'll see. It's the HR Tokyo and it confirmed two nights, king bed next June. Not complaining.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 12:44 am

HI all, wondering if anyone knows if there's an easy way to find which Hyatt hotels offer premium suites? Or do I just have to go one hotel at a time? Thanks
Old Oct 30, 2018, 12:21 pm

I booked the Andaz London for 7 nights, 175,000 points for next April ('19). I want to switch to Points + Cash. Can/will their customer service take care of this over the phone or do I have to cancel the entire reservation and re-book? Also, if I do cancel, how long does it take for the points to be credited back into my account? Thanks!
Old Oct 30, 2018, 12:32 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by wittenscafe
I booked the Andaz London for 7 nights, 175,000 points for next April ('19). I want to switch to Points + Cash. Can/will their customer service take care of this over the phone or do I have to cancel the entire reservation and re-book? Also, if I do cancel, how long does it take for the points to be credited back into my account? Thanks!
Is Points + Cash available for the 7 nights you want ? If so, and if you have the points, reserve that space and then cancel your current reservation. If P+C is available but you don't have sufficient points, I suggest you call and have an agent help with the cancellation and new booking. I usually see points back in my account instantly after cancelling a reservation, but I wouldn't take a chance given how difficult it is to find P+C rates.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by skj
Is Points + Cash available for the 7 nights you want ? If so, and if you have the points, reserve that space and then cancel your current reservation. If P+C is available but you don't have sufficient points, I suggest you call and have an agent help with the cancellation and new booking. I usually see points back in my account instantly after cancelling a reservation, but I wouldn't take a chance given how difficult it is to find P+C rates.
I don't quite have enough points, but when I check those dates, it shows me the total for seven nights (while telling me that I don't have enough points). Does that indicate that P+C is available? I would think so...
Old Oct 30, 2018, 4:48 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by wittenscafe
I don't quite have enough points, but when I check those dates, it shows me the total for seven nights (while telling me that I don't have enough points). Does that indicate that P+C is available? I would think so...
It sounds like it is available. I've tried 4 or 5 different 7 nights stays for next April and it just shows all points availability and no P+C. I'd call and see if an agent can make the switch for you.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kaw753
I am new to the World of Hyatt and will get a bunch of points and Explorist status with some credit card magic.

1) Can I book two rooms at the same time with the points?
2) If yes, will I avoid the resort fees on both rooms at HR Maui?
3) Will both rooms get the explorist benefits at the resort?
You've gotten good answers to these questions. But here's an answer to a question you didn't ask:

You will NOT get elite qualifying credit for both rooms. Hyatt does count free nights towards status, but only one at a time. So you will only get one qualifying night per night stayed, despite the fact that you booked two rooms.

I just wanted to point this out since you said that you were new to the program, just so that you aren't surprised or disappointed.

I love the HR Maui -- enjoy your stay!
Old Nov 4, 2018, 3:41 am

Programs: LX SEN & WoH Globalist
We were at Andaz Singapore for drinks (no food) yesterday night without staying in the hotel. When we got the bill I wanted to mention my WoH number to get points credited for the drinks. The waiter told me that this is not possible for drinks only since I need to consume food to get WoH points credited... I haven’t heard or read that rule before, any experience?
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gioventu
We were at Andaz Singapore for drinks (no food) yesterday night without staying in the hotel. When we got the bill I wanted to mention my WoH number to get points credited for the drinks. The waiter told me that this is not possible for drinks only since I need to consume food to get WoH points credited... I haven’t heard or read that rule before, any experience?
It's not so much that you need to consume food, it's that in some places alcoholic beverages are not points-eligible. I'm not sure if this has to do with local laws or whatever.

Even if you had ordered food, the drinks portion of your bill would have been ineligible. This is true even when you are staying at the hotel.

(At least... that's how it works in many places. This is not globally consistent so I'm not sure about Singapore. It's mentioned in the T&C, too)
Old Nov 7, 2018, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Is a Citi Prestige CC Concierge “4th night free” booking considered 3rd party?

Do you get points for the stay? Do you get night credits toward status? Do you get your regular status perks? Are you eligible for a suite upgrade if Globalist? Etc.? Thanks.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 8:10 am

Can I get WOH credit for a reservation booked under someone else's name? At check in, my friend gave the employee my WOH # and I got an email confirmation about check out today, but the reservation isn't showing up in my WOH account.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Is a Citi Prestige CC Concierge “4th night free” booking considered 3rd party?

Do you get points for the stay? Do you get night credits toward status? Do you get your regular status perks? Are you eligible for a suite upgrade if Globalist? Etc.? Thanks.
Until September 1, 2019, 4NF bookings made with the Citi Concierge over phone or email should be eligible for elite benefits, nights credit, and points. However, stays booked through the online ThankYou portal will act like an OTA and not give you benefits, credit, and points.

Starting September 1, 2019, Citi Concierge will no longer be available for 4NF bookings. (This is a new change announced a few days ago.)
Old Nov 10, 2018, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by Exleftseat
Take a look at the room types available in each tab: the 17,000 is for rooms "with Club Access". 12,000 is the standard rate for a regular room at a Cat 3 like the HR Tokyo.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.