Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2018, 2:13 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by teocon18
Great to hear that. Also do you think it would be wise to double dip by booking through the Costco Travel portal to get the 2% cash back on top of the other Hyatt points & rewards? Only reason why I am asking this is because I saw this while booking for a trip through the Costco Travel portal:
In spite of what the Costco Travel site says, Hyatt's T&Cs say points and other benefits are not earned when the stay is booked through a 3rd party site. The T&Cs refer to them as "Ineligible Rates".
Old Oct 5, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: AA GLD 1MM, WN CP, etc. etc.
Originally Posted by Aventine
Well if you care about the Hyatt points from the spend you do on the trip and stay credit you'd earn.
That’s my question: am I eligible for any credit, since it was made and paid through a TA? Some credit flavors but not others? Not clear. Thanks.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:11 am

Upgrade

If I have exporist status can I use my 4 upgrades that I get per year on award nights and from the annual free night?
Old Oct 8, 2018, 1:23 pm

/////

Last edited by beltway; Apr 5, 2024 at 3:50 pm
Old Oct 9, 2018, 1:07 am

Hyatt clubs

Is there a way to search for Hyatts that have a club? When searching on Hyatt.com the filter doesn't have an option for clubs.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 5:57 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by joecuff2002
Is there a way to search for Hyatts that have a club? When searching on Hyatt.com the filter doesn't have an option for clubs.
I don't know of a way to filter the search results. However you can click an individual property and see if they offer Club rooms (rooms with club access). Cumbersome but it gets the job done.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 9:36 am

I am new to the World of Hyatt and will get a bunch of points and Explorist status with some credit card magic.

1) Can I book two rooms at the same time with the points?
2) If yes, will I avoid the resort fees on both rooms at HR Maui?
3) Will both rooms get the explorist benefits at the resort?
Old Oct 23, 2018, 3:01 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
What is the process to receive 500 American Airlines AAdvantage miles per Hyatt stay. I'm a member of both programs and have never earned any AAdvantage miles. Can it be done retroactively? Are the 500 miles in addition to the Hyatt points or is one or the other?
Old Oct 26, 2018, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by kaw753
I am new to the World of Hyatt and will get a bunch of points and Explorist status with some credit card magic.

1) Can I book two rooms at the same time with the points?
2) If yes, will I avoid the resort fees on both rooms at HR Maui?
3) Will both rooms get the explorist benefits at the resort?
1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Up to the discretion of the property, but usually yes. You can call the property front desk and confirm. Properties usually have an established policy (i.e., most often I've had globalist free breakfasts, etc extended to two additional rooms besides the one I'm occupying). Similar to globalist suite upgrades, I suspect you can use 2 of your 4 lounge passes if you want to get both rooms access, but that would be something to confirm with WoH.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 11:59 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
I don't know of a way to filter the search results. However you can click an individual property and see if they offer Club rooms (rooms with club access). Cumbersome but it gets the job done.
Sounds like it would be useful to have a FT wiki with Hyatt lounges worldwide, similar to the Marriott wiki.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 5:20 am

Hyatt place - no longer free breakfast

Not really a newbie but haven't been watching, posting in some time. Presently a globalist lite which may drop if no challenge found (presently searching for way of target offer, self employed, not much travel past year but still have huge # of points and value globalist breakfast benefit & no destination, resort fee)
so having some work done in house so may need to find cheap place "to sleep". Found Hyatt place. Found good Corp rate bit notice 48hr cancel. This isn't in a major Corp area. When did all ressie go to 48hr cancel? Most had 6pm or 24hr? Have I been living under a rock?
I've got some health issues & may need to reschedule last minute. In past had no problem being diamond. Is it the same, though unpublished? Also this property (nowheresville ct) says unless WOH member there won't be free breakfast. When did HP cut this? Yeah, I know it's not like a lounge or restaurant but it fit a need.
Tia
carolyn
Old Oct 28, 2018, 7:16 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

[Duplicate.]

Last edited by danger; Oct 28, 2018 at 7:22 am Reason: Duplicate
Old Oct 28, 2018, 7:20 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by cmjaffe
Not really a newbie but haven't been watching, posting in some time. Presently a globalist lite which may drop if no challenge found (presently searching for way of target offer, self employed, not much travel past year but still have huge # of points and value globalist breakfast benefit & no destination, resort fee)
so having some work done in house so may need to find cheap place "to sleep". Found Hyatt place. Found good Corp rate bit notice 48hr cancel. This isn't in a major Corp area. When did all ressie go to 48hr cancel? Most had 6pm or 24hr? Have I been living under a rock?
I've got some health issues & may need to reschedule last minute. In past had no problem being diamond. Is it the same, though unpublished? Also this property (nowheresville ct) says unless WOH member there won't be free breakfast. When did HP cut this? Yeah, I know it's not like a lounge or restaurant but it fit a need.
Tia
carolyn
Top tiers still have a 24 hour cancellation policy, provided the hotel's policy is not greater than 48 hours. So in your Hyatt Place example, you'll have 24 hours, not 48. For reassurance, look back over your recent email confirmations. Below the big bolded cancellation policy part you'll find this:

Effective January 1, 2018, reservations confirmed or changed by World of Hyatt Explorist or Globalist members can be cancelled up to 24 hours before the hotel check-in time when the hotel's cancellation period stated above is not more than 48 hours. This 24-hour cancellation period benefit is not valid for stays at Hyatt Residence Club or Miraval resorts. It also does not apply: (i) to prepaid or non-refundable rates; (ii) when the cancellation period stated above is more than 48 hours; or (iii) for reservations booked at corporate negotiated or group contract rates. This benefit is based on a member's tier status at the time of cancellation. The hotel check-in time is stated above, and the cancellation windows are based on the hotel's local time.
Changes to the dates of stay, number of guests per room or number of rooms confirmed will be subject to current pricing which may be different than previously confirmed rates. Taxes and fees are subject to change based on dates of stay and local jurisdiction.

As for breakfast, it is supposed to be a benefit for all loyalty guests, regardless of tier. But over the years it's been worn down (not unlike most members' tolerance for the program as a whole). See here and scroll down the little graphics where one says "Free breakfast for ________ Members" (I can't use the pathetic loyalty name):

https://www.hyatt.com/development/ourbrands/hyattplace
Old Oct 29, 2018, 9:29 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I seem to recall there were a couple of positive changes made to the loyalty program not so long ago with respect to the four confirmed suite upgrades. If I requalify for top tier on, say, 1 November, will the four certificates by good through 28 February 2020 or is it still one year from when they are earned?
Old Oct 29, 2018, 10:52 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by danger
I seem to recall there were a couple of positive changes made to the loyalty program not so long ago with respect to the four confirmed suite upgrades. If I requalify for top tier on, say, 1 November, will the four certificates by good through 28 February 2020 or is it still one year from when they are earned?
yes - valid till end of tier validity

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.