Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Old Sep 10, 2018, 8:37 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by dsquared37
In this SPG thread there are four states, CA, HI, MA, OR that don't allow points for alcohol purchases. Beyond that there shouldn't be a problem. It's a state law situation, not a hotel T&C exclusion as I understand it.

No SPG points on alcohol in California, Hawaii, Massachusetts or Oregon (updated)
That thread is rather thin and I would wager is rather incomplete on the list of states where this is an issue. On top of your four states, I have never received points for alcohol drink sales at Hyatts in the states of Minnesota, Texas, Florida or Georgia either. In Louisiana, I only recieve points at the HP downtown when I transfer bills from the HR restuarants (and this seems rather like a fluke, I hope in a few weeks it still works; alcohol sales within the HP itself don't count). The only properties where I have been recently where I have actually gotten points for my drinks are HR Tulsa OK and HR Lake Tahoe NV.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by MarkOK
That thread is rather thin and I would wager is rather incomplete on the list of states where this is an issue. On top of your four states, I have never received points for alcohol drink sales at Hyatts in the states of Minnesota, Texas, Florida or Georgia either. In Louisiana, I only recieve points at the HP downtown when I transfer bills from the HR restuarants (and this seems rather like a fluke, I hope in a few weeks it still works; alcohol sales within the HP itself don't count). The only properties where I have been recently where I have actually gotten points for my drinks are HR Tulsa OK and HR Lake Tahoe NV.
It definitely appears to be a YMMV situation. I haven't had many incidentals at US properties as I generally don't stay there but I have had no problem with alcohol being credited at HPs overseas. Additionally the T&Cs are incredibly vague: "Points will not be awarded on alcoholic beverage purchases in certain jurisdictions/countries or at certain properties." The wording does seem to indicate the restrictions aren't widespread but it would be nice to have something more concrete.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Hi. Tried to do a search here but not easily able to find anything on my phone.

Was looking at a room tonight at the Hyatt Regency in LEX just now and saw
“Promotional Award
Free Night”

Clicked through and found:

“Hyatt Regency Lexington

• Tue, Sep 11, 2018 - Wed, Sep 12, 2018
  • 1 King Bed
  • 1 Room, 1 Guest
  • Promotional Award
Summary of Charges
Total Per Room
Free Night”

Can anyone explain “free nights”? Assume taxes are paid? Do they count for status? Etc.

Thanks.

EDIT: I guess this is related to spending $15+k on the new credit card (which I have only had for a month)?

Last edited by toomanybooks; Sep 11, 2018 at 11:35 am
Old Sep 11, 2018, 11:48 am

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Hi. Tried to do a search here but not easily able to find anything on my phone.

Was looking at a room tonight at the Hyatt Regency in LEX just now and saw
“Promotional Award
Free Night”

Clicked through and found:

“Hyatt Regency Lexington

• Tue, Sep 11, 2018 - Wed, Sep 12, 2018
  • 1 King Bed
  • 1 Room, 1 Guest
  • Promotional Award
Summary of Charges
Total Per Room
Free Night”

Can anyone explain “free nights”? Assume taxes are paid? Do they count for status? Etc.

Thanks.

EDIT: I guess this is related to spending $15+k on the new credit card (which I have only had for a month)?
You may already have an Anniversary Free Night Award. There is no spending requirement for this award.
Click on "Account" and then click on Awards.
It will show any Free Night Awards you may have.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BOSOGG
You may already have an Anniversary Free Night Award. There is no spending requirement for this award.
Click on "Account" and then click on Awards.
It will show any Free Night Awards you may have.
Thank you. Do not think it’s anniversary-related, as I have only had the card 5 weeks.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 8:53 pm

I have a question about my spouse checking in.

We are staying at the Driskill in Austin, TX in 10 days. The room is booked in my name only via a Points only reservation. (20k I believe for one night). Due to scheduling and work, we are flying in separately. My wife lands at 1:00pm and I will not arrive until 10:30-11:00pm. While I am quite certain she could kill the entire afternoon in the spa, I am wondering if she will have any issues checking in - especially if my flight is delayed.

Married 17 years now so same last name, mailing address, etc. on passports and drivers licenses. Just curious what this groups thoughts are and/or any advice? can I call to add her name to the reservation even though it is under my account? or will they not even care as last names/addresses etc are all the same. -again points only res.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 8:52 am

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
You (and your spouse) will have no problem as long as you make sure her name is on the reservation before she arrives. I have done this several hundred times, and have never had a problem. Call the Driskill, or Hyatt CS, and have them add her name and you'll be good to go. Points/award stay has no bearing on this; it's just a method of payment.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 6:43 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Anyone know what happens if a new hotel is scheduled to open and you have a reservation, but the hotel doesn't open on time? Especially when there are other Hyatts in the area? I've got a couple of reservations at a hotel scheduled to open early next year and when I booked it was showing up in search results. Now all search results for that hotel on any date, even months after planned opening, all say "Coming Soon". The other hotel scheduled to open at the same time right next door (HP and HH combo development), doesn't have this issue. I'm hoping they would just place me at one of the other Hyatts in the area at my confirmed rate
Old Sep 15, 2018, 8:11 pm

Thank you SportsTech. I just added my wife to the reservation with no questions asked by Hyatt customer Service rep.. if there is an issue next weekend I'll post an update. Otherwise we should all consider your advice Spot-On. Thanks again.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 9:46 pm

Programs: LX SEN & WoH Globalist
Hi All!

I am looking for a cheap way of getting some more points for award nights next year... Unfortunately, I've missed recent WoH bonus offer for buying points in August.

Does anyone know if there will be another bonus offer by end of this year?

Thanks for your help!
Old Sep 18, 2018, 3:46 pm

Programs: Coffee Shop Buy 10 Get 1 Free
Looking online here and I cannot get a confirmation here hope someone can help

Work switched to Concur/Amex GBT recently and I have had issues getting points/status recognized at SPG properties. I have always had to submit a missing stay request

I was looking to do some bookings with Hyatt since I am not too happy with the SPG/Marriott (attempted) integration, has anyone had any issues with points from Concur/Amex GBT posting from Hyatt stays?
Old Sep 20, 2018, 6:56 am

Programs: LX SEN & WoH Globalist
I am having existing bookings under my WoH account for end of the year. Now I wanna add another room for my mother in law...

If I simply book another room under my WoH account now but someone else uses that room do I also get the WoH points for the second room?

Unfortunately I couldn't find the option to just add another room to my existing booking. Does this way actually exist?
Old Sep 20, 2018, 1:40 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by Gioventu
I am having existing bookings under my WoH account for end of the year. Now I wanna add another room for my mother in law...

If I simply book another room under my WoH account now but someone else uses that room do I also get the WoH points for the second room?

Unfortunately I couldn't find the option to just add another room to my existing booking. Does this way actually exist?
yes, if under your name and you pay, you will get the points. but not night credit.
you get points for max 3 rooms.

no. you cannot add another room to an existing reservation.
but separate bookings in your name is no problem. i have done that very often.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: ANA Diamond+SFC+1MM (NH*G), Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Penn Club of NY
Clarifying Globalist re-qualification - Full 60 for promotion Globalists

I think it is noteworthy to remind 2018 Globalists who qualified from Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond via a year-end promotion will have to stay 60 nights to re-qualify for 2019, not 55.

The re-qualification rules define that 55 nights is the threshold for Globalists who stayed 60 nights the year prior! I'm pretty good at picking up the fine print, but almost missed this one.

Just spoke with a World of Hyatt manager over the phone to emphasize that this clause may have been missed by many current Globalists who re-qualified under the year-end promotion last year, when Hyatt doubled the top-tier qualification.

Last edited by ANAStarFlyer; Sep 20, 2018 at 4:07 pm Reason: Grammar
Old Sep 20, 2018, 4:41 pm

Looking for recent answer on point & night credit for a reservation with two rooms. For example, I have a reservation for a two nights stay including two rooms under my name. Do I get points for both rooms and both nights? Thanks in advance.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.