Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2018, 3:14 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
I've certainly never seen it work with P+C.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 4:26 pm

Programs: UA MM (recovering former 1K), Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Is it (tech support) always this bad?

I'm a newbie only in the sense that although a long-time member of Gold Passport and now WOH, I don't stay at their properties very much.
I had reason to call in based on an email I received about an update to my account. The agent was helpful and competent, and explained that she could see that my address had been updated (immaterial "Street" to "St"), so was likely triggered by a system/database cleanup.
While on the phone, I mentioned an oddity on the site. Although the points and nights for a recent stay were credited correctly, in the drop-down detail, Qualifying Nights = 0 and Qualifying Spend = $, both incorrect vs. Points Earned and Nights YTD which are correct. She said it looked fine on her end, so suggested I send a screenshot in so that it could be looked at.
The first response I got was a scripted clear your cookies, update your browser, blah, blah, blah.
I responded that I'm seeing the same thing on 3 browsers across 2 laptops, so not likely my hardware or software.
The second response just received is "I understand that you are unable to login to your account". Well, no you don't understand, so I give up.
I can't say that my experience with other lodging chains' IT is any better, so am just curious about other's experience with Hyatt's IT.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 5:21 pm

I'm trying to book a staycation at Hyatt Place Waikiki 12/29 - 01/01. The entire period is available on points, but me and my sister are trying to use anniversary free night certificates that would otherwise expire in March in addition to 12k points. So, 12/29 - 01/01 when booked as a single stay is bookable on points, but not when you individually book the nights. 12/29 - 12/30, no award night; 12/30 - 12/31, no award night; 12/31 - 01/01, no award night. This makes it impossible to use multiple anniversary free night certificates and string them together. Is this something the hotel has free reign with?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 8:59 pm
eyi

Hyatt 5 night 2500 bonus promo

Does anyone know how long it takes Hyatt to grant you the 2500 bonus points for staying 5 nights at Hyatt regency or Grand Hyatt?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:01 pm
eyi

Originally Posted by ST_Hawaii
I'm trying to book a staycation at Hyatt Place Waikiki 12/29 - 01/01. The entire period is available on points, but me and my sister are trying to use anniversary free night certificates that would otherwise expire in March in addition to 12k points. So, 12/29 - 01/01 when booked as a single stay is bookable on points, but not when you individually book the nights. 12/29 - 12/30, no award night; 12/30 - 12/31, no award night; 12/31 - 01/01, no award night. This makes it impossible to use multiple anniversary free night certificates and string them together. Is this something the hotel has free reign with?
I’ve run into this before and the only way to get around it was to call Hyatt and have someone book it for you over the phone
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by eyi
Does anyone know how long it takes Hyatt to grant you the 2500 bonus points for staying 5 nights at Hyatt regency or Grand Hyatt?
Just complete 5 days and it posted the day after completion of the stay with the 5th night. The 10% points back from Hyatt CC is said to take 6-8 weeks.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:39 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by eyi
Supposed to be basically immediate (i.e. once the stay posts). However I hit the 5 night threshold on a checkout last Friday and it never posted. I just emailed my concierge to see what's up.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by eyi
I’ve run into this before and the only way to get around it was to call Hyatt and have someone book it for you over the phone
Same here, kinda. I literally just had to do it. Was looking at a 3 nights stay and the three nights were available on points, but once you went to single nights it didn't work. Was trying to use the 30 night cert and a brand explorer cert and one night on points. Reservations couldn't actually couldn't get it to work and it was after hours so they couldn't contact a manager at the hotel. I had them book all three nights on points and then emailed my concierge to switch it out to certs for 2 of the nights which they did without issue.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:05 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by eyi
Originally Posted by thucanhho
Just complete 5 days and it posted the day after completion of the stay with the 5th night. The 10% points back from Hyatt CC is said to take 6-8 weeks.
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Supposed to be basically immediate (i.e. once the stay posts). However I hit the 5 night threshold on a checkout last Friday and it never posted. I just emailed my concierge to see what's up.
I have posted my experience here in the related thread. That may help you guys.
Basically, the points have posted, but it's not clearly visible in the account summary:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30103863-post48.html
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by 59Impala
I have posted my experience here in the related thread. That may help you guys.
Basically, the points have posted, but it's not clearly visible in the account summary:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30103863-post48.html
I responded to your post in that thread. Mine definitely have not posted. I keep a spreadsheet to track all earnings and it doesn't have a 2500 pt discrepancy. No points posted with the last stay at all (certs+pts with no spend)
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:13 pm
eyi

Thanks, I saw it was posted but no breakdown.

Also, I noticed I earned a free promotional night (not anniversary night) after this 5 night stay. Does anyone know how that happened? Is there another earning bonus I don't know about?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by eyi
Thanks, I saw it was posted but no breakdown.

Also, I noticed I earned a free promotional night (not anniversary night) after this 5 night stay. Does anyone know how that happened? Is there another earning bonus I don't know about?
30th qualifying night (or 60th)?

shouldn't be brand explorer (since you'd clearly already finished Regency), but maybe it posted late?

new hyatt credit card also give a night at $15K spend.

That's about all besides annual CC night that I can think of.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by ClarkGriswold
30th qualifying night (or 60th)?

shouldn't be brand explorer (since you'd clearly already finished Regency), but maybe it posted late?

new hyatt credit card also give a night at $15K spend.

That's about all besides annual CC night that I can think of.
I agree it's probably a 30 or 60 night cert, but why do you say "since you'd clearly already finished Regency"? OP only said that they completed a 5 night stay. That could have theoretically been the 5th brand (either HR or GH) - my fifth brand was GH (HP, HR, HH, and PH before then)
Old Aug 24, 2018, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by jasonvr
I agree it's probably a 30 or 60 night cert, but why do you say "since you'd clearly already finished Regency"? OP only said that they completed a 5 night stay. That could have theoretically been the 5th brand (either HR or GH) - my fifth brand was GH (HP, HR, HH, and PH before then)
Oops, misread OP -- didn't realize all five nights were one stay. You're right, if this was the first time at a regency (since they started brand explorer promo), then it could indeed be this. Good catch.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:16 am

Is there anyway to tell if your company is on the list without registering for this status challenge?

https://loyaltylobby.com/2018/04/18/...february-2020/

How often does Hyatt do something like this? Are there any other challenges available at this time?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.