Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by wittenscafe
The World of Hyatt website is showing "World of Hyatt Free Night" for 25,000 points. I'm confused because I would assume that a free night is... free. Can I transfer UR points from Chase and purchase nights this way?
"World of Hyatt Free Night" is indeed how Hyatt describes nights booked/paid for with points.
Yes, UR points can transfer to your WoH account and become WoH points, then you can reserve rooms with your points (when available -- every great once in a while a property isn't allowing point bookings for a given stay).
Old Jun 30, 2018, 10:04 pm

Question about Hyatt elite status. Regarding the bonus points (e.g., 10% for Discoverist, .etc), the Hyatt website lists "bonus points when choosing points." Is this some sort of check-in amenity you have to select? What are the other options?
Old Jul 1, 2018, 10:38 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by nall
Question about Hyatt elite status. Regarding the bonus points (e.g., 10% for Discoverist, .etc), the Hyatt website lists "bonus points when choosing points." Is this some sort of check-in amenity you have to select? What are the other options?
Earning WoH points, including bonuses, is the default. You can choose to earn airline miles with Hyatt partners, instead of WoH points, when you check into a property.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 2:56 pm

A question about the Explorist lounge passes. I got 4 when I dropped from Globalist status. Now, they have been extended another year. Can you use the pass even though one may not be an Explorist? Also, it seems that only Grand Hyatts and a few Hyatt Regency hotels have lounges. Are there any other brand with a lounge, ie the Park Hyatt's? Would the lounge pass allow something else if there is no lounge?
Old Jul 2, 2018, 10:48 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by headinclouds
A question about the Explorist lounge passes. I got 4 when I dropped from Globalist status. Now, they have been extended another year. Can you use the pass even though one may not be an Explorist? Also, it seems that only Grand Hyatts and a few Hyatt Regency hotels have lounges. Are there any other brand with a lounge, ie the Park Hyatt's? Would the lounge pass allow something else if there is no lounge?
You may want to check the master thread to find the answer. I would assume, they remain valid.
only GH and HR typically have lounges. The PH Hamburg and I believe the PH Melbourne have a lounge as well.

Master thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...ge-awards.html
Old Jul 6, 2018, 1:15 am

I had an opportunity through a corporate promo to do a 90 day status challenge. 10 nights for explorist, 20 for globalist. I had a recent trip that organically got 8 nights, now I'm spending $210 on a local hyatt to get my last two nights.

I'm wondering what the consensus is around here about doing mattress runs for globalist? I'd need 10 nights in the next few weeks (challenge ends soon). I'm in the bay area, so hotels aren't cheap. I could manufacture 10 nights with some cat 2 hyatt stays via UR transfer, since I'm sitting on about 200k. I'm doubtful that globalist is worth 80k UR though. If others disagree, I'd like to know why!

Which leads me to my final question: what are the rules about booking a stay on your account but having someone else checkin/stay there. I have a friend traveling on the east coast for work and he offered to let me book his 5 night stay at a hyatt via my account, but I wouldn't actually be there in person. Could that work?

Thanks in advance for any help!

EDIT: after more research (mostly this thread) it's still a bit unclear to me whether or not I actually need to be present at checkin, rather than just my friend, provided he's on the reservation. Seems like in the US it might be OK, but internationally it's almost definitely not OK. I recognize that this is almost certainly against T&C, or at least the spirit thereof, so I apologize to those who are annoyed or offended by the question. Based on past threads, it seems like this is a sensitive subject, and I totally understand why elites putting in dozens of nights a year at Hyatt would be annoyed that people game the status that should be specifically reserved for serious loyalty.

Last edited by rtmf; Jul 6, 2018 at 2:05 am Reason: more info
Old Jul 10, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: AS, Hyatt , Marirott
Annual Globalist upgrade redemption

i seem to recall in the past upgrades were good until the end of Feb along with status. This is my GP lame duck year and I had planned to use everything in upcoming Feb and saved certs for point upgrades. I just noticed as mentioned the expire on the month Globalist was achieved, which makes them now worthless to me as my travel is in Feb cents die in Nov. it appears they need to be “used” and not just “redeemed” by expiration. Can anyone offer advice on how to handle this. Thank you
Old Jul 10, 2018, 4:08 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
Getting email address for a specific property

Is there any way to get a property's email address? I need to contact a property to consolidate reservations. Is there a Hyatt representative on flyertalk that could help me with this? Thanks for any help.

EDIT: I discovered the bell icon on my reservation confirmation takes me to an e-concierge page and eventually to an email address for the property. Yay! I am still curious how one finds the email if one does not yet have a reservation. Do the addresses all follow a standard format?

Last edited by Maykita; Jul 10, 2018 at 4:24 pm Reason: found answer!
Old Jul 11, 2018, 1:12 pm

Hey guys,
I was going to book a Hyatt hotel through AAdvantage hotels web-site in order to get extra ~4000 AA miles and use my World of Hyatt CC as payment. Would I still be able to get extra Hyatt points and late check-out perks of the CC by booking on AAdvantage booking hotels web-site or I should book directly with Hyatt?
Thanks!
Old Jul 14, 2018, 1:57 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Originally Posted by Maykita
Is there any way to get a property's email address? I need to contact a property to consolidate reservations. Is there a Hyatt representative on flyertalk that could help me with this? Thanks for any help.

EDIT: I discovered the bell icon on my reservation confirmation takes me to an e-concierge page and eventually to an email address for the property. Yay! I am still curious how one finds the email if one does not yet have a reservation. Do the addresses all follow a standard format?
Typically [email protected]. Hotel concierges are fairly simple: this is the Park Hyatt Tokyo's: [email protected] – this is the Grand Hyatt SF: [email protected] — you can probably figure out the rest.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 2:53 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by caliform
Typically [email protected]. Hotel concierges are fairly simple: this is the Park Hyatt Tokyo's: [email protected] – this is the Grand Hyatt SF: [email protected] — you can probably figure out the rest.
Great, thanks! Btw, I have not had any luck so far getting a reply from the econcierge I tried emailing. I don't know if this is typical for Hyatt. With other chains I usually get a response within a day or so once I email the specific property.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 7:23 pm

If I qualified for Globalist light last year (20 night promo) do I need 60 nights or 55 this year to renew globalist status?
Old Jul 20, 2018, 9:28 am

Hello,

I just received the new WoH credit card and now I’m a Discoverist. One of the benefits for Discoverist tier is the ‘preferred,’ rooms.

What does this exactly mean? For example: If I booked a regular room at Andaz Tokyo, does it mean that I can get the Tower view room as a Discoverist?

Thank you for your time.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 1:08 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
It sadly means very little, soojin. For Explorists, they offer a 'Best Room' perk which only occasionally means you get a room upgrade, Discoverists see even fewer. Don't expect too many room upgrades
Old Jul 20, 2018, 2:21 pm

deleted

Last edited by 365RoadWarrior; Jul 21, 2018 at 2:39 pm Reason: Figured it out myself. Thanks anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.