Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2018, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Mary2e
Check into a hotel with a club & use them

Seriously, there's really nothing you can do with them unless your in a hotel with a club.
Thanks
Old Feb 14, 2018, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"Service Charge" in Tokyo Hyatts: Waived for Globalists?

I noticed that the Hyatts in Tokyo charge an significant daily "service charge" in addition to the room rate (and this "service charge" has taxes assessed on it as well).

Is this waived for Globalists (like a "resort fee" or "facility fee"?) I do notice that it is not charged on free nights, and it is significantly reduced for pts + cash nights.

If anyone has stayed at a Tokyo Hyatt as a Globalist, I'd like to hear if you were charged this fee.

Thanks!
Old Feb 18, 2018, 9:19 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
My Explorist level shows as valid until Feb 28, 2018. I have a hotel stay checking in on Feb 28, checking out on Mar 1. Will I receive the Explorist benefits for that stay?
Old Feb 18, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
My Explorist level shows as valid until Feb 28, 2018. I have a hotel stay checking in on Feb 28, checking out on Mar 1. Will I receive the Explorist benefits for that stay?

I believe so. I did that couple years ago and got all the benefits.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 9:44 am

I have stay coming up using 2 free award night and one 30k points at Sydney Hyatt. I'm just discoverist so is there a way to get breakfast free there? can I pay points for upgrade? or anything else?
Old Feb 22, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: BA
If Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards expire on 2/28 and each one is valid for up to a seven (7) night stay, does that mean the first night has to be by 2/28, or the last night?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 3:21 pm
Company Representative: World of Hyatt

Programs: World of Hyatt
I'm happy to answer this question. Check out date would need to be 2/28 in order to use the award.

Rebecca S
Old Feb 26, 2018, 7:39 pm

Programs: OZ D+
I have known about Hyatt employees' wonderful benefits--12 free nights a year.
At Glassdoor the people say that it can be used at any Hyatt property in the world (of course subject to availability),
but I've just heard by another person that this perk could not be used at category 6 or 7 hotels.

It's kind of hard to find these kind of insider information online (I did extensive Google search), so if there's a Hyatt employee or his/her family/friends in this forum,
I would like to ask if there is actually a category or any sort of limitation whatsoever, except for availability. (Probably WoH concierge cannot answer this, I guess :l)

Thanks in advance!
ITST
Old Mar 5, 2018, 1:05 pm

Programs: WoH Globalist, AA Plat, Amtrak S+, Hilton, Starbucks Gold
Does anyone have an indication as to the distribution of WoH membership (Globalist/Explorist/Discoverist/Member)? I did find from Hyatt's annual SEC filing this:

"At December 31, 2017, the loyalty program had over 10 million active members, and during 2017, represented approximately 30% of total room nights systemwide."

I was just curious how much competition there is for best room or suite upgrades....or even if that information can be gleaned from the aggregate numbers.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I suspect that you'd find that hotels in business-heavy locations have a higher percentage of high-level members staying (since most elite members get it through work travel), particularly during the week.

That is just a guess on my part but it's certainly the case for airline routes.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 1:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I’m considering buying Hyatt points to pay for a stay at the Hyatt Regency Vancouver in June. I would need to buy 48,000 points from scratch to pay for the reservation.. much cheaper than the cash rates.

To clarify, are there any extra taxes charged on top of the 12k per night?

Secondly, does anyone have a guesstimate at when the next points sale would be? There was one last month as far as I can see, so I’m guessing there won’t be another for a bit.

Unfortunately I am UK based so no useable credit card bonuses for me!
Old Mar 15, 2018, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
There are no additional taxes on points stays. Sorry, I can't help regarding points sales.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 7:22 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Right. Like Mary says -- you aren't going to pay any taxes on pt stays (though, whether you pay parking, resort fees if applicable, etc, is based on your status).

HR Vancouver is truly one of those hotels whose cash rates are quite high for its category and is thus one of those places where pt redemptions could be valuable (though, be sure to convert to/from Canadian $ and not US $ when evaluating costs). They don't seem to have good availability for rooms for pt use though for whatever reason so make sure you can redeem there for the dates you are looking at before pulling the trigger on the pts purchase.

I would try to get the pts on sale though if you can. It seems that a 40% bonus sale happens every few months recently. Don't know if that is any prediction of the future though.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: USAirways CP
Stupid question but can someone explain or point me to what constitutes a free night award? I note that for any of the status levels "Resort fee waived: On free night awards".
Does that include:
1. The annual free night certificate you get from the Hyatt CC?
2. Any stay you pay entirely with points?

I believe if you use cash+points, you have to pay the resort fee.

And finally, I guess the parking fee is not waived on those stays? For example the Hyatt at Gainey Ranch in Scottsdale has a $29 resort fee plus a $21 day daily parking fee (the craziness of those fee have been why I frequently avoid Hyatt there).

Thanks
Rich
Old Mar 18, 2018, 6:39 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by richinaz
Stupid question but can someone explain or point me to what constitutes a free night award? I note that for any of the status levels "Resort fee waived: On free night awards".
Does that include:
1. The annual free night certificate you get from the Hyatt CC?
2. Any stay you pay entirely with points?

I believe if you use cash+points, you have to pay the resort fee.

And finally, I guess the parking fee is not waived on those stays? For example the Hyatt at Gainey Ranch in Scottsdale has a $29 resort fee plus a $21 day daily parking fee (the craziness of those fee have been why I frequently avoid Hyatt there).

Thanks
Rich
Correct on points 1 and 2. Any night that is completely free (including the brand explorer free night) will not be charged with resort fees, p+c do charge resort fees.
Resort fees are always waived, if you are a globalist
parking fees are waived on free night awards, if the parking is operated by the hotel. if operated by 3rd party, then not waived. Gainey waived the parking fee for me as a globalist, paying for the room in cash.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.