Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2017, 11:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Red259
Is there a way to book a club room purely on points? I don't see an option for this on the website
Yes, but it's subject to availability. If the Grand Club room were available as a pure points booking, it would show as such on the website.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 10:42 am

Programs: N/A
Hi all,

I am fortunate enough to have a flexible travel schedule and would love to take advantage of my newfound Globalist status.

I'm looking for the best bang for my buck place to travel. I will unfortunately be working in my room for several hours a day and having a nice room would be much appreciated.

I do have access to the IBM rate as well.

What are some properties that would offer be great value between my 4th night free benefit, IBM rate, and Plat in SE Asia?

Thanks!
Old Jul 7, 2017, 12:16 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

GH Bangkok....
Old Jul 7, 2017, 11:57 am
daq

Does anyone know if Hyatt responds to feedback sent at this page? https://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/customer...ecent-stay.jsp

I filled out that form about a week ago and have not heard back
Old Jul 7, 2017, 12:34 pm

Programs: N/A
Originally Posted by RTW1
GH Bangkok....
Thanks for this insight, will certainly look into this!
Old Jul 7, 2017, 1:21 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
In my experience, they farm that work out to a service center in Asia somewhere. You'll eventually get an email reply, consisting almost entirely of boilerplate text. IME it's far better, faster and more effective to contact World of Hyatt Concierge right here on FT.
Originally Posted by daq
Does anyone know if Hyatt responds to feedback sent at this page? https://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/customer...ecent-stay.jsp

I filled out that form about a week ago and have not heard back
Old Jul 8, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: hhonors
Anyone know the friends and family code for 2017? I know it was fandf but that doesn't work any more. Our friend at hyatt is on vacation and doesn't know the new code either.
thanks
Old Jul 10, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: A little bit of miles and points scattered everywhere
I made a reservation with my free night from the Hyatt card on 9/23 at Hyatt Place The Loop in Chicago and my wife made a reservation with her free night on 9/24 at same hotel. I called reservations to have the reservation merged into 1. (I did this before when visiting Hawaii with a points reservation using hers and mine). I obviously want to avoid having to check out and back in in the middle of stay. The reservation agent said there wasn't anything to be done, just let the hotel know when I check in. Is this correct?
Old Jul 10, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by koctail
The reservation agent said there wasn't anything to be done, just let the hotel know when I check in. Is this correct?
Yes. Or you can email them if this hotel emails you the "anything we can do for your stay?" email that often comes a few days prior to many hotel stays.

Youll be fine.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 4:42 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by koctail
I made a reservation with my free night from the Hyatt card on 9/23 at Hyatt Place The Loop in Chicago and my wife made a reservation with her free night on 9/24 at same hotel. I called reservations to have the reservation merged into 1.
Add each other's names to the bookings. (You'll need to call to do this.) It should then be obvious to the hotel when blocking rooms that you'll be there for two nights.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 4:04 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Is it possible to pay with points for one night on an already approved BRG-claim for three nights? Or do I have to make two separate reservations? I only have points for one night and not all three.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 8:09 pm

Is it acceptable to take breakfast "to go" from a club lounge? Obviously not loading up a ton of stuff, but grabbing a pastry or two to bring back to the room.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 10:41 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by joakgarp
Is it possible to pay with points for one night on an already approved BRG-claim for three nights? Or do I have to make two separate reservations? I only have points for one night and not all three.
Give it a try and call. I have done so successfully (regular rate, not BRG, but I do not see that this should make any difference)
Old Jul 11, 2017, 10:53 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by gillums
Is it acceptable to take breakfast "to go" from a club lounge? Obviously not loading up a ton of stuff, but grabbing a pastry or two to bring back to the room.
​​​​​​
I do that all the time. Sometimes I just like eating on my way out the door, or wife/kid doesn't want to get dressed to go eat so I'll go there and bring it back. Never been a problem.

Just don't leave the hotel with the dishware
Old Jul 12, 2017, 4:47 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Give it a try and call. I have done so successfully (regular rate, not BRG, but I do not see that this should make any difference)
Awesome. Will give'em a a call. Thx!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.