Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2018, 1:31 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by teocon18
Looking for recent answer on point & night credit for a reservation with two rooms. For example, I have a reservation for a two nights stay including two rooms under my name. Do I get points for both rooms and both nights? Thanks in advance.
I have answered this question 2 post earlier:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30226688-post1453.html
Old Sep 23, 2018, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Is there a limit to the number of “Guest of Honor” reservations you can make for others as Globalist?

Can you have 2, 3, 4, more going simultaneously? Same hotel ok or different hotels, etc.? Annual limit?

Thanks.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 10:50 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by ANAStarFlyer
I think it is noteworthy to remind 2018 Globalists who qualified from Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond via a year-end promotion will have to stay 60 nights to re-qualify for 2019, not 55.

The re-qualification rules define that 55 nights is the threshold for Globalists who stayed 60 nights the year prior! I'm pretty good at picking up the fine print, but almost missed this one.

Just spoke with a World of Hyatt manager over the phone to emphasize that this clause may have been missed by many current Globalists who re-qualified under the year-end promotion last year, when Hyatt doubled the top-tier qualification.
I am confused by your statement. Last year of Diamond was 2016. People who qualified in 2016 started as Diamond in 2017 and were transitioned to Globalist early in the year. You had to hit 60 nights in 2017 to qualify for Globalist in 2018. If you did that, only 55 nights are required in 2018. Diamond was 2 years ago and shouldn't have any bearing. What am I missing? Unless you are talking about the people who got a fast track in 2017 and didn't meet 60 nights?
Old Sep 24, 2018, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Is there a limit to the number of “Guest of Honor” reservations you can make for others as Globalist?

Can you have 2, 3, 4, more going simultaneously? Same hotel ok or different hotels, etc.? Annual limit?

Thanks.
I don't think there's any limit. There is no stated annual limit, though since you can only do them for points bookings, it's limited by your ability to generate points.

I haven't had 4 people staying simultaneously but I've definitely had that many reservations on the books (and at different hotels).
Old Sep 25, 2018, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1MM, WN CP, etc. etc.
Newbie (Oldbie?) questions.

Fact pattern:
  • As it happens, I haven't stayed with Hyatt in years and years -- long enough for my account to go dormant. (I haven't had to be a road warrior in some years, and my sporadic business trips haven't been Hyatt.) I still know my old account, but I can't log into it, etc. -- looking back at some old AwardWallet emails, it looks like it expired sometime in 2016 or 2017.
  • I have an upcoming stay for several nights at the Park Hyatt Sydney. This stay was booked through a full service TA (not an OTA, in fact, a Virtuoso etc.)

Questions:
  • Is the Park Hyatt stay credit-eligible, or even if it's not, is there any benefit in associating it with a loyalty account?
  • Is there any benefit (if it's even possible) in attempting to recover my ancient Hyatt account? (E.g. lifetime stays, member since, etc.?) Unlikely I had a lot of stays; Hyatt wasn't usually on my patterns, but certainly there were some. (I realize any points are long-gone; that's fine.)
Thanks.
-
Old Sep 26, 2018, 4:37 pm

Choosing Your Room with Points

If I book a night with points at a Hyatt prop, is there a way to see which type of room I can select? I am looking to see if I can request a specific view on this prop (ocean view) if I book with points.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 10:50 pm
formerly a193991

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by jedaero
If I book a night with points at a Hyatt prop, is there a way to see which type of room I can select? I am looking to see if I can request a specific view on this prop (ocean view) if I book with points.
Point bookings is for the standard room only, sometimes you have the option to choose between king and double, but that's it.
depending on status, you should get upgraded upon check-in if available.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by lairdb
Newbie (Oldbie?) questions.

Fact pattern:
  • As it happens, I haven't stayed with Hyatt in years and years -- long enough for my account to go dormant. (I haven't had to be a road warrior in some years, and my sporadic business trips haven't been Hyatt.) I still know my old account, but I can't log into it, etc. -- looking back at some old AwardWallet emails, it looks like it expired sometime in 2016 or 2017.
  • I have an upcoming stay for several nights at the Park Hyatt Sydney. This stay was booked through a full service TA (not an OTA, in fact, a Virtuoso etc.)

Questions:
  • Is the Park Hyatt stay credit-eligible, or even if it's not, is there any benefit in associating it with a loyalty account?
  • Is there any benefit (if it's even possible) in attempting to recover my ancient Hyatt account? (E.g. lifetime stays, member since, etc.?) Unlikely I had a lot of stays; Hyatt wasn't usually on my patterns, but certainly there were some. (I realize any points are long-gone; that's fine.)
Thanks.
-
Well if you care about the Hyatt points from the spend you do on the trip and stay credit you'd earn.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 10:38 pm

Programs: SPG Plat (RIP), Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP
Newly minted globalist from a corporate status match...Unfortunately the majority of my stays for work will be at Hyatt Place...what can you expect as a globalist at the bare minimum hotels? Just the bottle of water? It seems like Globalists don't get any welcome amenity or any type of status recognition guarantee? Transferred over after the fluster cuck that the Marriott SPG merger has been. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old Sep 30, 2018, 11:10 pm
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by cyb2888
Newly minted globalist from a corporate status match...Unfortunately the majority of my stays for work will be at Hyatt Place...what can you expect as a globalist at the bare minimum hotels? Just the bottle of water? It seems like Globalists don't get any welcome amenity or any type of status recognition guarantee? Transferred over after the fluster cuck that the Marriott SPG merger has been. Any help would be greatly appreciated
don't expect anything at HP and HH. except the water, exactly. welcome amenities died with the birth of WOH.
Depending on where you are traveling, you may get a larger room on a higher floor. But this only applies to HP's outside the US, e.g. Dubai, London, where they actually do have a variety of rooms.
but in the US... nada.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:26 pm

Thank you @59Impala for answer to the previous question.

I may have a business trip coming up and trying to get confirmation if I will get points & night credit if I don't stay for the weekend on a two weeks reservation. For example, the reservation is from 10/17 to 10/30 but I will not be staying at the hotel physically for 10/20 - 10/21. Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 10:50 pm
formerly a193991

Thank you @59Impala for answer to the previous question.

I may have a business trip coming up and trying to get confirmation if I will get points & night credit if I don't stay for the weekend on a two weeks reservation. For example, the reservation is from 10/17 to 10/30 but I will not be staying at the hotel physically for 10/20 - 10/21. Thanks in advance.
That should not be an issue at all. I would ensure though that you leave personal items in the room and not totally empty it.
I have done that before as well, when switching hotels over a period of one week, but did not want to check in and out every time.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ClarkGriswold
I don't think there's any limit. There is no stated annual limit, though since you can only do them for points bookings, it's limited by your ability to generate points.

I haven't had 4 people staying simultaneously but I've definitely had that many reservations on the books (and at different hotels).
THanks.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by 59Impala
That should not be an issue at all. I would ensure though that you leave personal items in the room and not totally empty it.
I have done that before as well, when switching hotels over a period of one week, but did not want to check in and out every time.
Great to hear that. Also do you think it would be wise to double dip by booking through the Costco Travel portal to get the 2% cash back on top of the other Hyatt points & rewards? Only reason why I am asking this is because I saw this while booking for a trip through the Costco Travel portal:

Hyatt Hotels and Resorts

• 10 brands and more than 500 locations across the United States, Canada, Caribbean and Latin America
  • Exclusive Costco member rates
  • World of Hyatt members earn rewards and enjoy special benefits
Old Oct 4, 2018, 1:01 pm
formerly a193991

Great to hear that. Also do you think it would be wise to double dip by booking through the Costco Travel portal to get the 2% cash back on top of the other Hyatt points & rewards? Only reason why I am asking this is because I saw this while booking for a trip through the Costco Travel portal:
sorry - being outside of the US, I cannot comment on this - no experience

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.