Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Old Jul 20, 2018, 10:12 pm

With the new Hyatt credit card - does 9x earning apply to the reservation? E.g If I pay for a $100 Hyatt reservation - I'll earn 900 points?

It's 4 Bonus Points per $1 spend with card at Hyatt, and 5 Base Points per $1 you can earn as a WoH member.

This is pretty decent, unless I'm somehow reading it wrongly. Thanks!
Old Jul 21, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by soojin
Hello,

I just received the new WoH credit card and now Im a Discoverist. One of the benefits for Discoverist tier is the preferred, rooms.

What does this exactly mean? For example: If I booked a regular room at Andaz Tokyo, does it mean that I can get the Tower view room as a Discoverist?

Thank you for your time.
I don't stay with Hyatt very often, but as an Explorist, I've found that what I book is typically what I end up with at check in. If you review the room categories when you book, you're likely to see numerous categories (standard, high floor, corner room, etc.) with different prices. At best, you can hope to go up one category (e.g. standard to high floor).
Old Jul 21, 2018, 3:07 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by caliform
It sadly means very little, soojin. For Explorists, they offer a 'Best Room' perk which only occasionally means you get a room upgrade, Discoverists see even fewer. Don't expect too many room upgrades
Thanks for the reply, caliform. I guess I need to aim for Explorist then.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 10:27 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Originally Posted by soojin
Thanks for the reply, caliform. I guess I need to aim for Explorist then.
Totally, or use a Priv rate (some forum members can help you with that) to get a guaranteed upgrade; you will see those clear within 24h of booking. I just secured one at the HR Huntington Beach.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by caliform
Totally, or use a Priv rate (some forum members can help you with that) to get a guaranteed upgrade; you will see those clear within 24h of booking. I just secured one at the HR Huntington Beach.
I will try to visit St. Kitts with the Hyatt Priv rate.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 6:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Was looking to book the Tokyo Andaz next year on points and I checked several dates in April and it says points are not valid on those dates. Does this property just blackout dates at certain times of the year? Will point redemptions become available closer in? Pretty obnoxious when properties pull this.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by Red259
Was looking to book the Tokyo Andaz next year on points and I checked several dates in April and it says points are not valid on those dates. Does this property just blackout dates at certain times of the year? Will point redemptions become available closer in? Pretty obnoxious when properties pull this.
It might be because April is peak cherry blossom season and all the rooms can be sold. I've booked Andaz Tokyo in early March with no issues, however, we timed it so that it was before the cherry blossom season began.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 7:18 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Maykita

Great, thanks! Btw, I have not had any luck so far getting a reply from the econcierge I tried emailing. I don't know if this is typical for Hyatt. With other chains I usually get a response within a day or so once I email the specific property.
I have been trying for weeks to get someone to respond to my emails at Hyatt Centric Pike Long Beach. They either aren't monitoring the e-concierge email or just don't care to respond. Is calling the property my only option? Do we have a Hyatt rep on this forum who can help? Thanks.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Maykita

I have been trying for weeks to get someone to respond to my emails at Hyatt Centric Pike Long Beach. They either aren't monitoring the e-concierge email or just don't care to respond. Is calling the property my only option? Do we have a Hyatt rep on this forum who can help? Thanks.
Give 'em a call, (562) 432-1234, see how they're doing
Old Jul 26, 2018, 10:25 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
Give 'em a call, (562) 432-1234, see how they're doing
will do, thanks!
Old Aug 2, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Old hyatt cc, free night never posted. Aniv date was july 20 and AF posted Aug 1. Hyatt says this is a chase problem and that lots of ppl aren't getting their free night.

Chase says wait 6-8 weeks before you can even escalate. Anyone else have this problem? Was going to cancel after it posted.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: HYATT Globalist Alaska 100k
Do we have Hyatt Regency Irvine John Wayne Airport review somewhere?
Old Aug 5, 2018, 9:26 am

Does anyone know if you can book rooms through Chase's Ultimate Rewards site, and then pay for a suite upgrade with Hyatt points?
Old Aug 8, 2018, 3:25 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Alexsth2011
Do we have Hyatt Regency Irvine John Wayne Airport review somewhere?
Here's the thread, this property hasn't been a Hyatt for some time though:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...12-1-13-a.html
Old Aug 8, 2018, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have an expiring Chase Hyatt card anniversary FN cert. The expiration date is August 11th. Does that mean the stay has to be completed on 11th, i.e. check out on the 11th?

Anybody knows?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.